Looking to modify the minimum level restrictions on zones

I’m attempting to modify the minimum levels for the mobs on ultimate. With the 0kb world001.map issue in existing tools, I am looking for a method to accomplish this as I can’t get this to load to modify it in the Sector Paint Tool. I’ve been pouring over the files using the DBR editor and I can’t modify the creatures directly, as the min level for the area seems to override this, and while I found limit_areaXXX.dbr files beyond 000 these all go to 200 for ultimate, so this does not appear to be correct either.

Any ideas?

The map file hardcodes the level range; this range needs to be widened for the settings in DBR to take effect. ArchiveTool.exe cannot correctly unpack the ARC file containing the map file, but [Tool] arzedit-GUI update v1.1 can; I specifically fixed this issue.

1 Like