lootXChance, lootXWeight1, lootXWeight2?

Can someone please explain how the lootXChance array works, in detail, and what exactly the lootXWeight1 and 2 do?

An example might help, ie a dbr that uses them

The xchance I believe is about which player in MP gets the loot, should be rarely used for a few specific ‘chests’ like the body in the first bridge, to ensure everyone in MP gets the same loot
Or I am thinking of a different tag here than you mean (hence the example…)

weight is just that, each possible drop has a weight and its chance of dropping is its weight / sum of all weights

So if you have two items with a weight of 100 each, both have a 50% chance to drop

Doesn’t that mean you can never have an item which has a higher drop rate than 1? That doesn’t seem reasonable. What if you want an enemy to have a chance to drop multiples of an item?

Then you need to have the same item in multiple loot tables of that enemy. For each table it can drop once only.

Forgive my negativity but this loot system seems like an overly complex mess. It seems like there had to be a simpler way to design this… unless it was intentional with the intended purpose of obfuscating the drop rate calculations to outside actors … ?

And just to be a bit more constructive:

loottable_enemy_x = {item1: [rand(x,100), weight1], item2: [rand(y,100), weight2], … itemN} + enemy_master_loottable

That way editing drop rates would be easy - just alter x or y and the multiplier (weightN) and you can even give each item more than 100% chance to drop. This way you don’t require a new loot table for each item you want multiples of.

It is what it is, so you can either whine about it or get it done the way it is designed to. Up to you.

I assume they did it this way so you get one guaranteed drop per table rather than somewhere between 0 and 100 items at once, which is hard to control.

To drop multiple items, use the different lootMisc#Item1 slots. Assign the same loot table to each and your item(s) can drop repeatedly.

:man_facepalming:

0 and 100 % chance to drop itemN

multiplied by 100 (or as you write N) items in one drop table, so still between 0 and 100 items dropping

If you do not understand something, do not facepalm, think about it for a second because chances are the other person is no idiot, so you are missing something.
Same with how you complained about why GD does it they way they do it instead of your way. Let’s just assume that the GD devs spent a lot more time thinking about what works than you have