Lost music tracks of Grim Dawn

A blessed welcome, traveler :scorv:
Decided to collect all GD tracks from SkewSound’s Youtube channel that we never hear in game. I know from time to time we get some unused music put back in the game, like Four Hills now playing “Forgotten” and “Lonely Moon” in Malmouth Sewers.
We could theorize or suggest the use of lost music tracks in the game and who knows, they may appear in the game :grava_yes:

Grim Dawn

04 - Into the Mines
Based on its name it was supposed to play in arkovian mines (?) Personally I would see it banging across whole Arkovia!

14 - Cult of Ch’thon
A good, creepy track. Any Ch’thon cult area could use it! Darkvale, Necropolis or Tomb of the Watchers

Ashes of Malmouth

01 - Ashes of Malmouth
Only one minute long, I think this one plays in the AoM trailer or cutscene

Boxset Vol. 1

01 - Darkness And Flame

05 - Time of Need

06 - Wasteland
I think this one plays in AoM main menu. FG menu music plays in Conclave of the Three so this one could be used in game aswell, some indoor ambient maybe :thinking:

Forgotten Gods

10 - Korvan Memories
Korvan Memories, Remnants and Sorrow follow the FG soundtrack style of having 3 versions for one theme. It’s a great theme which I would like to hear in Eldritch Realm areas, but there is one more intriguing track which could be used there too!

11 - Astral Fields
Otherworldly, eerie piece. From its name we can conclude that it is supposed to play in Astral Fields, the last area before Korvaak fight.

19 - Korvan Remnants

21 - Korvan Sorrow

7 Likes

Why those tunes are not in the game?

1 Like

For real, why are these not in the game!!! More music variation is an area where GD could use a little love and hot damn…

INTO THE MINES!!! This is a seriously awesome track! Sets a great mood!

Please add these into the game Crate! Youre missing a golden opportunity here!

Into the Mines is a collection of randomized background SFX that play throughout all of our undergrounds. It is not a literal music track in the game.

Cult of Ch’thon simply did not end up in a direction we wanted to go with, but was included in the soundtrack as a bonus.

The Ashes of Malmouth one was from a trailer I believe.

Darkness and Flame is from the GD intro.

Time of Need is the Ashes of Malmouth intro.

Wasteland is the Ashes of Malmouth main menu theme.

Korvan Memories / Korvan Remnants / Korvan Sorrow are supposed to play in Cairan Docks and other such ruins, which was bugged a while ago, I guess I’ll verify if it’s still not in the live build

Astral Fields plays in the Eldritch Realm.

4 Likes

Disregarding the backround sound effects, what about the actual musical composition in Into the Mines??? This is a great piece! Even if the sound effects are removed from it… seriously, just the percussion and the bells/keys and strings, these arent backround sound effects, are they? If so, all the music in the game might as well be considered backround sound effects.

I could see maybe that flute being labeled as a backround sound effect… but for real! This is a solid track man, missed opportunity, Im telling you. Props to the composer!

A lot of interesting information! Thanks!
So… Into the Mines is literally Minecraft Grim Dawn cave sounds with instruments :sweat_smile:
Sad to hear about Cult of Ch’thon though, I wonder how it would sound if it went the right direction, this one is already badass!
Thanks for clarification about the boxset ones, didn’t think about checking base game intro music :sweat_smile:

Since FG release I have never heard those tracks in ruins. For example Cairan Docks play Eye of Ulzuin tracks, the bangers from Temple City of Osyr. Will check some FG ruins, maybe I missed something.

Then I am deaf :thinking: I always thought Eldritch Realm is some ambient sounds. Will need to listen more carefully next time I am in Astral Fields.

1 Like

I played through whole FG now and I can tell that Korvan tracks never play. The ruins areas like Cairan Docks, Ruins of Abyd and Remnants of Korvan City (one track literally called Korvan Remnant :sweat_smile: ) play Eye of Ulzuin tracks instead.

Also went to Astral Fields… 5 times and I am 101% sure that Astral Fields track doesn’t play. I could only hear ambient sounds like in underground locations. Thought the music just didn’t play, sometimes it happens at changing areas, but I entered the area 5 times and it was always ambient sounds only.

Joined the Solael Cult so couldn’t check Bysmiel and Dreeg quest line related Eldritch locations, but the Astral Fields before Korvaak doesn’t play the track surely.

1 Like

More exploration done and can safely say that Astral Fields track doesn’t work in game.
Muted everything in game except music and went to Astral Fields and Bysmiel questline area, the one with Galfang.
Re entered those locations for 10 times to be sure, but sadly I could never hear the music playing. I thought the music could actually play, but be very quiet, so I maxed the volmue to the levels of heavy metal concert, but still no music. (speaking of loud music, Krieg boss theme is way louder than the rest of the game, even the phase change and ending track. Just compare how loud the Steward boss music plays and what earrape you get after his death)
For Dreeg’s area, I had a good man on Discord who tested it and he also couldn’t hear the music, so I am not the only one who cannot hear the track playing.
Screenshot_1

In conclusion, Astral Fields and Korvan Memories/Remnants/Sorrow don’t play in game even when they were supposed to. :sob: