Lots of crashes and aborts all of the sudden with 8.3a

Hello, despite what others have reported, my 8.2 and before was exceptionally stable.
However, in the past few days I’ve had three freeze and abort crashes.

Crash_2023-05-26_170621869.zip (106.6 KB)

Here’s a few dump files!

Otherwise it’s a great update! Thanks!

Hiya,

It appears that you are crashing in different places in Unity’s generated IL2CPP code. This is not common and a little strange. Most people experiencing crashes (like > 95%) are typically crashing in graphic driver code, which you are not.

I’d suggest verifying the integrity of your Farthest Frontier game files following these instructions, in case you have a corrupted or poorly patched file:

Hi, that definitely seems to have fixed the problem!
Thank you so much for the prompt and helpful answer! I love this game!!!

I have frequent crashes all the time. I am having to save every two minutes to make sure my progress is saved. The game just stops responding suddenly or just completely closes on its own. I am at about 250 pop but it’s been doing this since I first started a new map. I have version 8.3b and I have already validated my files but no change. Sometimes it will be fine for a little while and sometimes it will only last a few minutes and it is making it really hard to play. I hope there is a fix soon. I am trying to get to tier 4 to try out the deep mines but it just keeps crashing on me. Also my drivers are up to date. I have a Ryzen 7 5800x3d, mobo is asus crosshair dark hero viii, rog strix 4070ti, and 32gb of ram (4 8gb sticks)

Do you have the latest drivers?

Can you share your dxdiag?

I have windows 11 pro I believe and my pc has a Ryzen 7 5800x3d with a 4070ti. My mobo is a asus crosshair dark hero viii with 32 gb of ram (4 8gb sticks)

I fixed it. Xmp can’t be enabled with my 5800x3d. That’s all the problem was.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.