Magi Ring Drops Bugged?

Hi,

I finally made a forums account to post about the legendary magi rings in the Court of the Magi. Did the latest patch bug the drop rate? I have killed the magis 35 times today (on ultimate) and not a single legendary ring dropped. According to grimtools, the drop rate is 3.33%. Killing two of the 7 mages per run means I should have seen at least two of them. Not sure if I’m just very unlucky or if there is a legit bug. Anyone else run into this?

I have loved this game for years and have sank over 1000 hours into it, thank you!

Edit: just got a legendary ring of Basti on my 37th run. Either drop rate is lower than posted or my luck is just terrible.

Uh, no? My math is pretty bad, but that’s not how probabilities work. If it will make it easier for you, I’ve played the game for 2+ years, did probably a hundred or two runs of Steps of Torment during that time, but still ain’t got a single legendary Alkamos rings. One has 1.22% chance to drop and the other is 1.53%, so it’s 2.75% to drop either of those. Applying your logic, I should have at least 3-4 rings right now. So yeah, it’s just terrible luck.

Pray to RNGesus and stay strong, etc XD

1 Like

it’s called RNGesus, “working as intended”
just gotta keep at it (and yes for some reason complaining about drops does seem to help) :wink:

1 Like

It did seem to do the trick, lol

I’m praying to RNGesus hard! lol

Yes, I’m definitely no finite math master, I just figure since you’re killing two mages per run at 3.33% chance to drop a ring each, they should drop more, but looks like it’s just bad luck since I finally did get one.

Have to remember to attend church regularly. :wink:

2 Likes

look up a chance/lootbox calculator if you want to know the odds of getting a drop over a number of kills, just know that it’ll never be 100%.

Also PRAISE RNGesus by his glory maybe I’ll someday get the other alkamos ring

Yeah never plan a build that counts on specific Magi rings. XD Not unless you’re ok with GDstashing, or are one lucky bastard and have all you want already.

RNG is RNG, there’s no bug.

Seems everything is working as intended, just didn’t realize how rare these truly are. Thank you all for your replies :slight_smile: I will consider this closed.