Make GD better for different audiences

The “non-Crucible” people are not running all/most double rare/specific affixes green builds, with less than 2,3k DA, or intend to die with their character while running the Crucible, so that “maybe” their next run “might” be a lucky one with a sub 4:30 score or whatever. They don’t GDstash stuff, but grind it themselves, nor do they posses 9999 tribute, but a 100 limit.

Damn, other people actually play the game, can you Imagine? How fascinating. They don’t just GDstash a naked lvl 100 char, then teleport jump between a checklist of tasks, and then move to another char immediately calling it a day, if they manage to do everything on their checklist at least 1 time out of X attempts.

Do NOT make grim dawn into another league monstrocity please… Is there no chance to have 1 game that is different and does not have garbage leagues and seasons…

9 Likes

I don’t get this point. If you CHANGE basecontent, it’s modded. You can mod any kind of invincibility in there to make your toon tougher. To me this is cheating. Or are characters fighting each other, all based on the same ruleset? Then it might be acceptable, i think.

This is ok, if the same rules apply to all characters. I have never leagued and I argument from thinking you are fighting the challenges of the basegame with modded tunes. If this is not the case, then so be it.

You need to elaborate on this, I am not sure, what you mean.

Reg. the e.g. MC Endgamecontent, I see these options only for those builds which seem to shred everything else and want/need a final challenge. For ME a toon is good enough, if he/she can conveniently beat main/basegamecontent through ultimate (the three main quests and all standard sidequests, that is). The toon does not have to be able to beat ultimate ravager for me to enjoy the build.

What you mean, 5 DLC?
What do you mean about timers? I don’t get that point either. Timers are in Cruc and SR. Some like to play against these timers. I don’t (care), to me it’s enough to survive those modes as far as I can.

What you describe as the fun part of the game is the funpart to me too, but I don’t expect all toons to perform on the same level… I chose a theme, build around it, optimise it, and go through with it until I run into a hard wall somewhere. Then I ‘design’ a new variant. Everything else… I do not really understand. Sorry.

Yes, I am one of them. I did not use GDStash yet, but I intend to in the future, as I do not have the time to test all worthy buildoptions from Level 1…

Reg. GDstashing for recordbreaking and ‘cheating’ myself some fantasy greens into the bag, I get your point I think, but sometimes you just want to test the absolute Optimum, but the game-RNG just doesn’t let you. So you GDstash it.

But were does this fit to the league argument?

To be frank, I don’t really get, what you are even talking about anymore…

You have it. All what is being asked for is simply having the game balanced properly according to some actual criteria that exist in the game and are being useful in the game, not some bullcrap, that belongs only inside people’s minds, but is far from reality.

mfw

4 Likes

That’s the thing. Basecontent wasn’t changed.

Yes.

Exactly, because that’s the exact point of these game modes, and what you are awarded for. It just sucks that other’s cannot get it.

Balancing around speedrunning or buildering of individuals PBs.

I expect at least most of them, because that’s the point of balance. If in a situation semi-social experiment like, which the league is, where partecipants are meant to compete with one-another over this game whole-of-available-content, and 30% of all partecipants chose ONE build to play, and then 40% or something like that, chose ONE class-combo, then clearly the approach behind this’ game balancing is screwed up and shouldn’t remain that way and needs rework, rather than some “meme Rah’zin”.

The league basegame content is practically over, and your “greatly balanced” game got fuced hard in the ans by stupid blitz warlords or retalords & retaldins from a FRESH START within a week of time by 30+% of the partecipants, because nobody did bother playing anything else, because… ekhem, waste of time grinding for weaker power gains in return.

In this time those builds managed to trash everything, SR 76 and base-game super bosses included with minimum effort and close to non-existing risk of losing, and if Crucible would’ve been available, then probably it could be included just as well.

If a game developer lacks the ability to properly balance his game, and instead, prefers, to nerf and buff stuff based around personal mood, play on people’s nerves just for the sake of it, ignore them, then talk of how he could have had more interesting things to do rather than this, then maybe he should get fired, so that someone more appriopriate could take up his position, somebody that could passionately get to balance this game according to some actual proper criteria, at last, and not, attempt to play around his “fun and games”, because that’s his job to do it, and what he is getting paid for.
I’d appreciate actual meaningful approach towards balancing this game rather than fooling around while awaiting for payment in the future.

Well, this far into Grim Dawn’s development cycle- which is basically over- it’s not going to suddenly be become a league or league-centered game. :slight_smile: So this is kind of a pointless discussion either way.

Interesting also that you advocate balancing the main game solely around the league, which has modded items not even in the base game. Very good thread. Much wow.

1 Like

Numbers like this strike me as pretty low.

Beats PoE where 98% of the playerbase is playing one of two builds in any given league.

then the participants will choose the most optimal route, or the route of least resistance (Blitz, which I showed works out of the box with easily-farmed MIs). If you achieved perfect game balance, the numbers you quoted wouldn’t change; in fact they may grow further still.

3 Likes

Why don’t you gather concrete data from your league and post a thread with “proper” balance changes then?

3 Likes

It’s almost like one should just mod the game to make it play like they want instead of writing manifestos complaining that people don’t know what they are doing and others write too much.

Lol!

1 Like

Because it’s a part of your game developer work to do it, to go and ask for it, if it could help him in his work? I mean, to balance the game properly. But if all he wants is to balance it just for the sake of having to, because payment every month, then so be it. :frowning:

You’re such an ignorant that repeating myself for the 3rd+ time is not worth for me. Maybe you could educate yourself through some research on your own. Get some intel about how the league works. Indeed much wow

Yeah, let’s just let the things we don’t like to keep on going. Perfect solution for ones that would like to live their lives under a blanket.

TF is this thread :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Gold.

Happy Holidays!

3 Likes

Wellll… let’s just say, I have a feeling that there were some design ‘mistakes’ (or inconsistencies) which make full balancing almost impossible. The Phys-damage issues have been taken on with patch 1.1.9.2 as far as I understood, but there are several others which cannot easily be ‘corrected’ without screwing a working game up to unplayability. I would of course support these measures, but in THIS case I’d say, taking on Grim Dawn 2 would be the better approach. Just my opinion.

Welll again… to be frank I think this is not only due to balance but somewhat the psychology of the players. Who wants to lose, so people try and go easy/safe.

My RPG-Experience though is mostly, that there are usually only 2 or 3 out of 100s of builds, which are really endgameviable. That is what I am used to in gaming. So I do not even see an issue there, as long as settings are as explained my older porst.

What are you saying now, that you are critizising the game based on a version even BEFORE Crucible? Really? If so, have you even been TESTING the 1.1.9.4 in the league then?

That would in fact be interesting. And Helpful to all.

But in the end, with the constant whining and nagging without getting a proper response (proper meaning: concrete reasons are given for impactful changes, they are not just DONE. In that way one could maybe understand the thinking behind it and understand OR correct it) maybe it IS time for a real GD2 Ideas collection thread? I mean, REAL. Not just simple GD1, version 2…

Ibugsy is used to getting ignored. Just do the same :wink:

Ouch. Lol!

This thread though.

Lots of win!

2 Likes

It’s the only solution for you.
The dev who would make a decision to implement your requested changes has already said no.

So modding is the only way.

But carry on with your ramblings. It’s really humorous.

At some point this thread will be locked. It’s only a manner of time. …

2 Likes

This is obviously nonsense. If I have 100% of GD and 50 items that are way OP and new bosses that require these items to manage to beat them, then the fact that 100% GD content is included as well becomes meaningless.

4 Likes