Make Morgoneth easier, please!

Hm, maybe I altered it a bit.
I do have Ghoul.
No warcry, correct. But instead the Kymon´s Augment.
That dude nearly (-.-) kills big fat Ravager. … I mean - That a whole lot something, isnt´t it?

Nah, not a fair comparison. For players who don’t have expacs, buffing those enemies might make them too hard

It is! With or without pharma?

Compare morgoneth:
https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/3210/skills

With kymon:
https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/1802/skills

Debuffs aren’t too far apart, really.

Plenty of ways to build defence beyond DA and armor

Exactly. I can defeat Kymon with all builds that I mentioned above. But why Morogenth is so special?

1 Like

Only with royal jelly stuff.

Do you let kymon jump on you, then facetank his belly shotgun?

The main issue I see with all your builds is that your vit res isnt overcapped enough, he shreds 35% all ress and does mainly cold/vit damage with some physical thrown in.

As others have mentioned, higher DA and armor (and absorption) is also good to have. Its not impossible to get 2800DA and 2k+ armor on any build, you just have to make some sacrifices on the offensive side.(Unless you have enough damage as a glass cannon where you can give zero shits about it).

Morgoneth could use a buff on the hp side of things to actually make the fight last long enough for him to be dangerous. This is coming from a HC perspective aswell, havent died to him once since the release of the roguelike.

You can definitely push out more armour absorption and DA on any character with the right choice. Like Kriegor said, it might take sacrificing some damage but it’s better to do that than die no?

No, I try to avoid him and I have space to do that. With Morgoneth encounter I dont have such opportunity, because whole room filled with … everything. No place to go, almost no space to maneuver.

1 Like

it’s even worse because if you try to kite him he will jump on your face, dealing massive damage and shreding your res. facetanking him is easier… if you can (and as others have said i think armor/armor absorb/phys res is the key of the fight)

1 Like

I will try with consumables next time, ok.

I have no idea what should I sacrafice for more defense with my warlock for example, who already have only one attack devotion. Maybe few components changes, but thats all

Interesting thing to note as well is the Shade of Sethris.

The other Shades thus far haven’t given me any trouble at all (most of them just meat shield for Morgoneth before dying) but this one is definitely a threat if it casts it’s Physical Devastation over you. Just had my first death after doing a few roguelike runs with no issue and now know not to underestimate it in the future.

1 Like

The physical magi is even worse because he, like all magis, can stack RR with flat RR from their eyeball spin attack and the purple aoe judgment (for 69% RR total). He has actually killed me twice and those are the only times i have actually died in the dungeon. Morgoneth hasn’t actually killed me once to make things funny.

I honestly don’t have issues with the other 6 magis, but the physical magi damage can be ridiculous if you are under RR. Which happens quite easily when you are fighting two magis.

But yeah, that shade makes Morgoneth fight more difficult.

1 Like

I mean…i dunno man. Seems to me like his devotions are kinda whacked. Take his 'lock for instance - why not eternity/aeon’s instead of ishtak/agrivix?

Considering the fact that devastation has crap single target damage, dropping it entirely to hardcap wasting can easily net you an effective 180 DA.

First time I went to fight Morgoneth, I didn’t know what to expect. I played a kiting build, so naturally I tried to kite. Big mistake, he just insta-gibbed me.
After that debacle I tried facetanking, and it worked. Now I facetank Morgoneth everytime, with any build, regardless of playstyle. So far it worked 100% of the time, I never died again.

Fortunately, the Morgoneth fight does not spawn Magi, it spawns Shades. :wink:

I know, i was just comparing the Morgoneth fight with the magi fight that has the physical magi, and why the physical magi is even more dangerous than its shade version.

Thread title should be : Make Morgoneth harder, please! :smirk:

“I have spoken.”

Challenge accepted :stuck_out_tongue:

I have killed him with kiting builds but he can be a dick to that type of build. It’s a contrast to other rogue dungeon bosses which you can dance around and have them miss most attacks.

The leap attack and the conduit in the middle of the arena shooting projectiles all over the place makes kiting quite difficult.

1 Like