Make this build capable

Hello everyone, almost ten years in, still too dumb to make a good build. A challenge for you: can you make this trash able to kill ravager at least on elite? Witchblade, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Stats with auras and blood of dreeg on
1.PNG
2.PNG

Your gear choices are okay but devotions and components are completely wrong and irrelevant.

Try this Witchblade, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator didn’t change any of your gears but only components and devotions; this should facetank ravager without much problems. If you have enough resources; craft helmet, amulet, shoulders and boots with %4 armor bonus.

3 Likes

My variant Witchblade, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.5) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator. Used same components except for gloves (you can use wrappings if uptime War Cry constantly and do not waste Blood of Dreeg) and different augments. Oleron gives a ton of %OA (which you need for Assassin’s Blade devotion and its big -%Phys res, it works on crit). Also, you do not need Manticore, its flat RR does not stack with flat Phys RR from Break Morale. Oleron’s Blood is not a good endgame component but if you use it to proc stuff/do not have Seal of Might/Blades - it may stay. Use Ugdenbloom/Jelly potions, do not shy from kiting and get some Aether Clusters, they can be useful even in Softcore :grin:.

1 Like

I used oleron’s blood for damage reduction. Thanks for clearing it out with manticore, I was under impression it wasn’t useless. According to my experience, however, there’s no way to rely on critting ravager with less than 3k oa. You and fordperfect both seemed to go for damage to health sustain. In what scenarios menhir’s bulwark is even useful? Damage absorbtion seemed valuable.

War Cry with 100% uptime makes this component obsolete. To proc stuff - maybe.

Even with my variant the build has 3k+ OA and another big DA shred from Blindside, so its about 3.3k+. Enough to crit even Ravager.

Mostly in S&B builds, Retal and if you use a weapon with special modifiers to bulwark (like this). Yes, it has absorption and even flat Physical Damage, but Oleron gives more needed stats, at least for this BA build.

2 Likes

I tried your build. I swapped oleron’s blood for haunted steel for highest damage to health. Well, it certainly can’t facetank it, especially when the fucker gets bellow half health. And the very moment fumble pool spills it’s a run for your life. I died when he was at like 2% hp :frowning:

Literally all buff potions were used.

If gear choice is autistic, say it like that. What would be best gear to have?

Why? You’re physical damage build and using a component that converts %10 of your physical damage into vitality damage? Please read the descriptions.

Which Ravager are you trying to facetank? If it’s Ravager of Souls then you are damned already since it’s fumble effect makes almost impossible to kill him with auto attack builds.

Your gear choices are good, maybe belt and medal affixes can be changed that’s all.

Good observation, I forgot about that.

I believe it’s ravager of minds. Guess I am doomed then.

To what? I farmed mogara’s fangs, balthazar’s medals and those damned belts for a week to only cheat then in anyway because all I got was 3 full stash pages of “shrewd … of the sea” garbage. I really don’t care at this point, what affixes would be best?

Do I just… remake it into a DEE caster build?

Best way to kill celestials;

So basically as is a phys witchblade lacks the tools to comfortably kill ravager? Well this is sad.

You know this started as an acid 2h cadence, it was cursed from the start

No, Blade Arc Witchblade can easily kill Ravager of Flesh or Minds with the setup I linked to you but no melee can kill Souls with ease. If you have skills and patience, you can play as hit>move away from the pools>hit a few more> move away from the pools etc but it’ll take some time and nerves since after second half Ravager can kill you while you’re not hitting anf lifestealing. But Ravager of Souls is for casters and retaliation builds mostly.

3 Likes