Map Generation: No rivers?

Loving the game so far.
Feedback would be in the area of why are so many ‘homesteading’ tools left out. (Not developed yet?)

A huge one: Rivers were free energy / heightened output for less effort: grain mill, lumber yard, bellows pump for foundry, etc. Lots of derived ‘perks’ from a good river, not just fishing.

4 Likes

I would love to see rivers, but in order to allow them to be generated in maps, they would also need to provide the ability to build bridges.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks for the cross-post/info!

It is not necessary to build bridges to cross a river. Providing randomly placed fords solves the problem without adding construction.

Would love to see rivers [exploitation] in Tier 4 or 5. Big tick.
How about aqueducts?
How about moats?
and as stated above, water powered buildings.

I doubt rivers would ever be part of a “tier”. If they ever get implemented they will just be part of map generation.

Now…

…actual buildings on the other hand. That’s more tier material.

1 Like

Or just digging irrigation ditches for farmland. Right now crop fields are affected by heat and cold, but not by drought. That could be an interesting addition, which the player can then compensate for by properly irrigating the fields.

Oops, my mistake. Edited the original post. :laughing:

1 Like

Docklands DLC pls! Just look at trading, wagons bring little to no goods and buy little. With ships we could finally have proper larger scale trade.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.