Map needs rethinking

Hello!

I (for one) encounter a small inconvenience while moving from one place to another. I have to drag the map every time I have to:

• continue my progress
  • go back to town
  • go to a location where I want to grind something
  • go back to my opened portal

I wonder if it is possible to make a list on the side of the map with all the waypoints so you can scroll them and click on them, and maybe even make a favorite list of common waypoints?
Below is an example

If that is not possible, than maybe expand the map full screen so all are visible and bigger?
Also some markings on the map in order to remember where a dungeon is, some mobs can be found, or a quest is would be awesome.

Or at least spit the map into zone easier to be explored

Thank you!

1 Like

Would be cool to be able to put our own markers, with custom titles too

In what way is scrolling through a list faster than dragging a map for 1 second.

1st - sorry that my photoshop skills are not that good and didn’t make an exact ratio of the text, it was an example not an actual implementation.
2nd - you would have a better visual of the waypoints and maybe even the ability to mark some as points of interest / favorite sites
3rd - it’s a scroll - you use the scroll wheel and find the wp you need.
I just dragged from one point to the other of the map to find a random WP, it took me about 5 scrolls while trying to identify and find the correct one, while having the list would be easier to identify after you have completed the game once or when you are following a guide.
Precise example - from Devil’s Crossing to Fort Ikon you need 3 drags, and to Necropolis 4.

Just because you don’t find the usefulness of a thing, it doesn’t mean others won’t benefit or find it useful.

Trying to make some mechanics easier doesn’t mean that I want to make the game easy, it would make it more enjoyable. I have to waste less time using an unfriendly map that got too big for what it was intended and needs a rethink. I would find it useful, and maybe from this idea they implement another mechanic that would benefit all.

Yes, this a very good idea my friend. Something that I personally find useful. And no doubt Crate has thought of this as well. The way Diablo 2 done to divide the maps is the most convenient way to me but Crate had their own style to boot a different set of engine rules to abide not to mention the lore that they need to follow. Whether they will make this change is entirely up to them and I trust their judgment would be the best for the community. Just don’t feel bad if they wont implement this, given we are under post development phase but expect Crate to do something else for you. "Lets see this coming next Grim Misadventure., what other surprises they have for us. Who doesnt like surprises?