Map Pins w/ Tags

It would be helpful to have the ability to place pins on maps that could be tagged and used as reminders. Reminders of something at that location ( iron ore… ) or where you want to place something in the future ( guard towers, outer walls, industrial district… )

The iron ore icon is the worst for me. It blends in with the grey, out of season foraging resources. I know that I can use F4 to pull up mineral deposits, and then scroll around looking for something that has a 3 or 4 digit number next to it, but I will eventually forget where I found them. Being able to pin mineral resources, as you start exploring the map, would make it much easier for planning, and save time rediscovering.

2 Likes

There is the ability to save screen positions, but only a total of three. That way you’re able to tap a hotkey and return to that specific screen.

1 Like

This isn’t really a solution. Having an area of land covered by a saved screen position only tells me that there was something in that view that I either wanted to remember was there, or that I wanted to remember to build something there.

This is why i am suggesting Map Pins, along with a comment slot. Give them a toggle so you can see those you have placed, or hide them all.

I think using the saved screen positions to allow you to rapidly zoom to extreme points of your village makes more sense than using them as location reminders.

It’s a solution until they implement something like this, but apparently suggesting a similar function is taken as denouncing your entire idea. :+1:

That’s a good idea. Another one is a mini-map that you can click on to go somewhere fast. If you play anything bigger than a small map you’re gonna spend way too much time scrolling around the map for stuff.

Maybe incorporate the two ideas. Have a mini-map on which you can place pins with notes. You can zoom around quickly and make plans for down the road.

I would love a mini-map for the exact reason you mentioned. I spend so much time scrolling around. Using the saved screen positions is really helpful in that you can set them up for the boundaries of your village. Then I just cycle through those and the built in Town Center view.

2 Likes

There is another tread on this subject. Just saying. :slight_smile:

It would, in theory having pins, stop labours getting out of step because I laid down a building so to not forget it, like wells. :slight_smile:

There is? On the map pins or mini-map? I searched up to about 45 days for any post with “map” in the title, and I did not find one about pins.

I had problems with the form search also, but my point was to say that I agree with you and others had as well. :slight_smile: By the way here is the original post, Map pins to help find places - #12 by Crochy

1 Like

Thanks! Obviously I need to be drinking more coffee…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.