Mark for immediate repair doesn't work for Mines

I have a mine that needed repairs with just 7 ingots. When I clicked to mark for immediate repairs the button turns green but the repair icon doesn’t show. Several game years later the mine gets condemned. I don’t think the requested immediate repairs would ever happen. It seems to affect mostly mines.

They can’t repair until all the maintenance materials are supplied. The issue is buildings can deteriorate further while waiting for materials. So once you supply the 7 gold ingots, it already needs more materials, and you enter a cycle where you can never get all the repair materials there in time. Almost everytime I’ve seen this happens to someone, it’s a deep mine away from the settlement.

You can turn your road to a stone road so builders can get there faster with the materials, which helps a bit but likely won’t solve the issue by itself. Normally it’s because one of the maintenance materials are stored far away; which makes builders have a much longer travel distance delivering materials. Since it’s a deep mine, most likely all your logs, iron bars or gold ingots are stored far away on the left side of the map.

In that 3rd town cluster that’s furthest south east, you want storages that always have some logs, iron bars and gold ingots available. You can use minimum values to ensure this, as long as you have enough of the resource. It doesn’t have to be tons of the resource, just enough to cover maintenance. I’d go with something like 50 logs, 25 iron, 250 gold. Might need more, depends what else is in that town cluster. This should mean resources are close enough that builders can keep up with maintenance.

I have no faith the repair would ever happen so I ended up demolishing the mine and rebuilt it. Cost a lot more tham the repairs should have but it got done.