Mastery: The Mesmer (WIP and not available...yet)

I’m not trying to imply you use every single skill or anything, that’s freaking insane. Instead it simply gives lots of things to draw inspiration from in the translation.

I won’t lie and say I’m not disappointed, I think GW1 is a much better game than GW2, but I’ll take what I can get.

I am super excited for this!
I am a huge fan of the GW2 Mesmer and this sounds like a complicated and intricate class! I hope you are able to balance this reasonably well, since this would be a sweet asset if it’s not too overpowered or underpowered. I hope that it does enough damage (in other words, not as weak as the mesmer in GW2 lol)

Also, I really hope that you continue making classes based on GW2 :slight_smile:
I would love to see a GW2 style Warrior (more offensive and different than the Soldier), maybe even a really cool support Rev (could be really good with auras/buffing), a guardian buff style class might be too similar to a soldier…maybe a cool thief poison class, or a sweet Necro…so much potential to convert to a dungeon crawler style.

This was a really neat idea, and if I was anywhere near talented enough to do this stuff I would do it myself :stuck_out_tongue: haha

Edit: something to consider…I think that the aether ray style attack (the big beam) would look really awesome if those swirls were tighter (had less air, closer to the beam), basically if you worked the image a bit and tightened up the swirls (perhaps adjusting the size via free transform, or however you’d do it). I think it would look so much nicer without the huge gaps of air! It would look a pure wave of devastation, fully concentrated and strong. Just my opinion, of course :slight_smile:

Huge fan of the mesmer, too! I am just about to the point of it being playable with every skill fully working and half-assedly balanced with reasonable values. I should be done with that part probably either today or tomorrow. From there I am going to playtest it a bit myself to see if there is anything I think needs to be done and then hand it off to a few friends to do the same. Then release it. I still need to do more work on PFX as well.

Balancing is going to be the toughest part and I’ll continue to tweak things even after release. It has quite a bit of potential to be overpowered so I have to adjust everything to compensate. Many of the abilities are based off extremes - huge bonuses with equally huge penalties to boot such as the time warp style skill with its long cooldown. The ray pierces through enemies but does less damage than aether ray and is still mana hungry. The attack replacer provides significant attack/cast speed boosts with total damage penalties to compensate done with the “blurred frenzy” 1-h skill in mind. Stuff like that.

I’ll consider tweaking around with the ray graphics a bit. Seems like it would be a pretty simple thing to adjust just to see how it looks. Just take the existing texture that I posted before, shrink it vertically by 50%, and copy/paste itself so it doubles it up with the same size texure. I’ll give it a try!

First iteration has been finished. All skills are functional and given values that may or may not be balanced… PFX have been made(but may be changed). Other graphics and whatnot have been set up.

Offering it up to a few friends to play test so I can give it some semblance of a balance pass then I’ll release it public.

LOL! Last week I started building a Chronomancer mastery too, but without creating any fx effects, which makes my idea less original than yours, I guess :rolleyes:. Luckly, I’ve came to take a look at the forum, searching for someone who had the same idea as me. I think I will just step back and wait for this Mesmer’s mastery. Keep up the great work! (Sorry for the bad english) :stuck_out_tongue:

Any updates on how this mod is coming along and a release date?

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

He hasn’t visited the forums since his last post in this thread, I think it’s safe to assume he’s been quite busy lately.

Ah ok fair enough didn’t think to check to see last time he was online…