Meanwhile in D3 powercreep

Are we talking about D3 or D2 here?

Because I’d nominate D3 to be the worst story/storytelling in the Diablo series. I can forgive everything else, but having Deckard die to butterflies was one of the worst ways to kill off such an iconic character.

who was casually murdered by Maghda, the 2nd most annoying video game villain ever (first place goes to Azmodan a.k.a. the chatterbox). Way to butcher a story :rolleyes: D3 was a very enjoyable experience for me, but the story did not contribute to that at all, in fact it lessened the enjoyment a lot, up to the point where I stopped listening to dialogue halfway thru act III on my first playthru. Whatever great epic story line the original Diablo writers thought of, it was apparently dumped by the D3 writers.

I don’t think this was specifically aimed at wanting the D2 skill tree, but skills you can invest in directly instead of being unlocked by level and automatically increase with level

Than again, infact i miss a Skilltree in general and might so far the biggest flaw of the Game

it is a huge flaw and resulted in me gaining 10+ levels without bothering once to look at my skills

Smoot and Amazing Combat

smooth yes, but thanks to the rest of the game, I was already bored with it before I even finished it once

Artstyle / Graphic Engine, which can if you can get into Cell-Shading Optics still deliever proper Diablo Atmosphere

I don’t know about that. I prefer realistic graphics but can live with a more comic look. D3 was just too washed out and blurry even for that though, like a watercolor painting next to an oil painting, mobs were ok, but background / floors were awful

Best Story / Storytelling for Diablo and any Hack’n’Slay so far

seriously? this was a god awful story… Deckard dying to the fairy godmother, Asmodeus or whoever constantly bragging how he is such a strategic genius, always telling you how to defeat him in the process… it is the worst story of any Diablo, maybe of any ARPG, but I concede that I may have forgotten one with a worse plot

But then again, i won’t argue further, i have bad experience with talking people about competitors and i’d argue if we begin to talk about diablo 3, even the “nice” Grim Dawn “community” shows their “toxic” and “hater” Nature…

I do not hate D3, I am disappointed in it. Different tastes…

@LightningYu how do you think a skill tree should look like? I like the D2 and GD skill trees it feel natural to me

If there was a worked out storyline at all, I doubt it to be honest. Virtually everyone who worked on D1 + 2 was gone long before D3 started being developed. Which is why 3 felt hollow, there was no connection to the early days anymore. Schaefer, Roper etc where the ones who made it work.

Sadly yes :cry: The good give place to the evil

And it still sucks, unless you’re like P3000 or something.

Diablo is a weird game these days.