Mech Commander Gold - Darkest Hours -

This has just recently came to my attention, first off, the original mech commander has been released as freeware!!! so its now legal to download and play this game. (you need an ISO mounter software to mount the ISO and install it) The game was and still is a good game.

However, a modder has made an even better version titled “Darkest Hours”

http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=4427.0

(download link and 3.3 patch at the bottom

Quote from the mod author

It combines Original & Expansion Campaigns with all famous usermade campaigns ever built for MCG. The difference is you can play 130 instead of just 42 campaign missions total. Campaigns in “Darkest Hours” are much longer then Vanilla campaigns. They are telling other sub-stories who took part at the same time within invasion. Darkest Hours simply offers fun for much more total-playtime than Original Version ever could & it gives players a new level of freedom & possibilities while now it is possible to mod and play around with original missions - what was impossible before.
Further i have rewritten many of the game files and solved bugs. For the player nothing really changes but the bandbroad the game has to offer.

The game works on modern OSs, also has different res exes, while the title screen is still the same res, ingame will switch to a higher res if the exe is used.

I thought I would give this a shout out, as I got the original disk somewhere, but not played it in ages. It still a great game, and a lot better then battletech, (ok that is turn based, while MC is real time) but BT isn’t as good as I hoped it would be, and fails on a few levels.

Mechcommander is still a classic game, even though its dated, still a classic.

any mech commander / warrior fan should certainly give MC:DH a go.

An update,

Also mech commander 2 has been released as freeware,

you can download that game from

https://gamestand.net/dl/mechcommander-2/

it works on modern systems, extract, then run the setup, then start the game using the Mc2Rel.exe

so far, seems to be working wit hout too many issues.

enjoy :smiley: