Mechanic behind Wendigo Eyes -50 DA to Word of Pain modifier

there are two ways to interprete that mechanic and i dont know with one is in effect.

a) only WOP alone ‘benefits’ from reduced DA value on enemies for better hit chance/crit dmg. other spells and attacks hitting an WOP afflicted enemy dont see the reduced DA.

b) an enemy afflicted by WOP gets its DA reduced by 50 (as if WOP had -50 DA as debuff in its description) so other attacks and spells hitting an WOP afflicted enemy benefit from it

so, im curious which one is right. mb b) is too op, but who knows?

global 50 DA is not OP, come on :wink: it’s as if you had 50 OA more (passing over +%OA for simplicity’s sake)
My guess it’s b) and my argument is that there’s an item with

-80 Offensive Ability to Aura of Censure
-80 Defensive Ability to Aura of Censure

-80 OA is obviously a debuff to the enemy not a skill modifier
so it’s most probably the same in case of -80 DA and Wendigo Eye

1 Like

makes sense. so unless some guru explicitely states the opposite, id agree (and yes, its not op, just tried to be humble :slight_smile: )

We need to wait for someone to confirm.

I wonder if it’s the same in case of Storm Box which has “-X Defensive Ability” embedded in it
while Flashbang has “Reduced Target’s Defensive Ability”.

I wonder if there’s a difference between them besides the fact that bonuses of the 1st type stack and of the 2nd don’t

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s B. Word of Pain is a debuff so it should apply all of it’s effects to the target directly such that other skills benefit from the ones that apply to them (e.g. RR, -DA etc.).

Other than how they stack together and how they apply, there’s no difference.

2 Likes

Just to clarify:
Wording like “-X Defensive Ability” means the effect is tied to a debuff. When the debuff runs out, the effect is also gone.
“Reduced Target’s Defensive Ability for X Seconds” means that effect runs out X seconds after the last application.

1 Like