Mechanics behind IEE & PRM

I am trying to wrap my head around something when it comes to Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange and how it affects PRM.

When it comes to IEE, at level 1 it gives 12 Elemental Damage & +10% elemental damage. Now I understand that elemental damage is comprised of Fire, Cold & Lightning which is why after taking 1 level in IEE it gives 4 to each of the aforementioned stats:

elemental-stats

What I am trying to wrap my head around is if increasing Fire, Cold or Lightning damage affects PRM or is this extra damage only added on to weapon damage? In which case is PRM’s damage only affected by the +10% modifier?

This, unless you have an item with a mod that adds weapon damage to PRM.

1 Like

Any global flat damage you get anywhere on your character, be it from a buff like IEE, a piece of gear, an augment etc. is tied to your weapon damage. Global here meaning it’s not linked to a specific skill, like an item modifier that would add flat elemental damage to PRM, for example. If your skills are not dealing any % weapon damage the global flat damage will not be applied. The same goes for “attack damage converted to health”. You can have 20 % global attack damage converted to health but if your spell is not dealing any weapon damage, you can’t leech from it unless you find a way to add leech to that skill specifically.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought as much.

Does that also apply to chance of effects? For example do I only have a chance to proc the extra damage from Overload if I use a weapon attack or can it also proc off spells?

Yeah, you got it, same thing applies there. Chance of extra flat/DoT damage, like on Overload, only procs off weapon damage. But when it comes to “chance of % increased damage” that is once again global, cause it’s not flat added to attack, it’s a character-wide increase. You can find that on the Iskandra’s Balance relic, for example.

Edit: also, forgot to mention, the amount of flat damage that gets added to your attacks is dependent on the amount of % weapon damage that attack has. So if you have 100 global added flat Elemental damage and your attack deals just 30 % weapon damage, you only get 30 flat, not the full 100. But you probably guessed that.