Mechanics Questions

Over the past few weeks as I have been delving deeper into endgame character building I have built up a little list of questions about game mechanics that I have been able to find the answers to by searching eitehr the forum or the game guide. If anybody can answer any of my questions it would be much appreciated and apologies in advance if these have been asked before.

Q1) Total damage modified. So I understand that this stat is multiplicative with usual damage bonuses but is multiplicative with itself? For example if I have a Barthollem’s Warmaul that has 5% total damage modified to fire strike as well as the 2H transmuter giving me 20% total damage modified, will my final damage be multiplied by 1.25 or by 1.2 then 1.05?

Q2) Retaliation damage added to attack. So I know that this damage scales with +% retaliation damage rather than +% all damage, but what about weapon damage, charge levels and wps skills? So if I have Righteous Fervor with 10% retaliation damage added to attack from Retribution, should I multiply this 1.20 (charge levels from skill), then by 1.3 (weapon damage from skill) and then by say 1.30 from weapon damage on smite wps? Does the answer to this question change if the retaliation damage is added directly to the base skill through an item skill modifier?

Q3) Retaliation damage added to attack DOTs. So if I have say 1000 poison retaliation damage and a 100% retaliation damage added to attack skill, are these counted as separate sources of DOT and therefore stack with each other for a total of 2000 poison DOT?

Okay that’s everything, any light anyone can shed on these questions would be much appreciated.

Nope, all stats are additive with themselves.

There’s probably a multiplicative interaction edge case with WPS but on a singular skill itself (e.g., Righteous Fervor) no, Retaliation Added to Attack is not added to Weapon Damage.

Nope.

Does that also mean that say total damage on Savagery with 2H transmuter and Maiven’s sphere are additive with each other?

Yes (for Savagery itself; that damage mod no longer applies globally while you have Savagery stacks like it used to :wink: )

So here https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2G7zLk2 you get total damage 13% on Savagery?

(yes I know that it applies only to savagery)

Yessir.

POST MUST BE AT LEAST 10 CHARACTERS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJKFLDHBGJHDFB

danke bitte schön

Brilliant, thanks for taking the time to help Ceno!