Melee 2H Chaos Pyro [1.0.3.2]

Hi all,

First of all, this is just a theorycraft atm as I’m currently trying to trade for all the gear I will need for the build, so I’m posting my work in progress for critique and suggestions. Anyways, the build;

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAve5wZ

The idea is to make a tanky dps sort of character that can move around swiftly and dispatch things in a safe way. I decided to make use of revamped Darkblaze set (which is pretty good atm) without taking a generic DW pistol route.

Damage wise, the idea is to stack as much flat fire/chaos damage as we can and convert physical damage to chaos for better scaling. DoT potential is pretty low here, that’s why we need to be able to tank our targets, which can be done by stacking a lot of phys resist and having decent sustain. Here’s how we do it;

8% from gear/devotions + 12% BoD + 14% Possession + 15% boots (50% uptime) + 18% Ghoul proc = 67%, BWC should also be taken into account for physical damage debuff as should Blast Shield for absorb.

Since we focus on a single damage type it is very important to support it with plenty of resistance shred;

33% Hellfire Mines + 23% Solael’s Witchblade proc + 15% CoF +10% Voidheart ring proc = 81% + 25 flat RR from BWC

Sustain pretty much rests on Ghoul constellation’s 4% ADCtH and SoC, regen. is used solely to negate Hungering Void proc which will be up 80% of the time.

As for constellations, my last minute addition is Aeon’s Hourglass just because it was close to Dying God. Upon closer inspection I realised that it could be pretty useful in this build (defensively) since I have plenty of good defensive cooldown skills (although no hard circuit-breaker is included). Skills that benefit from Aeon’s proc;

Blast Shield, Hungering Void, Blood of Dreeg, Ghoul, Wayward Soul, Korvaak’s Blazing Charge (on which the proc is bound to) And couple of other that aren’t that important.

With 2900 OA the build will make the most of Hungering Void’s massive crit bonus, and the unimpressive DA which is sitting at 2500 can be supported with BWC, CoF, Seal of Annihilation and Wayward Soul proc to make us uncrittable.

That pretty much covers the build, any advice to further improve it is always welcome, that’s pretty much why I posted this in the first place.

Cheers

I had been thinking about trying something like this… I made some changes
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAve5wZ
Gains:
DA: ~140
6% Adcth + twinfang proc for extra sustain
Acid spray for -28 res
Max stun resist (relies on double rare green tho. gl crafting :rolleyes: ) + 3% phys resist
30% eng absorb from spells
5% crit damage
11% total speed + a little hp regen from picking up vindictive flame

Loses:
~1k hp
160 armor / 5% absorb
~1k wep damage
60 OA

Net:
Should increase damage and sustainability