[Melee Warlock] Fire based Warlock using Beronath's Fury - Ultimate Viable

BUILD HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

I respec’d an old DEE Warlock just for fun and made this build. Didn’t expect it to even kill the Warden but i did manage to kill the Mad Queen with it. Warlocks are actually pure casters but i still went ahead and made this and it turned out to be better than i expected.

Concept:-

1. Flat Damage and Choice of Weapon-

You need not worry too much about your modifiers since the high %spirit, auras and devotions cover that. But to make use of this high modifier you need to stack flat fire damage. Which is why you need daggers they’re far better than Warpfire as the plus skills from it don’t really benefit us since we’ll have a lot of points to spend.
Using Daggers also gives you the advantage of attack speed, this build has 196% AS.

2. Defense stacking-

You need a shit-ton of defensive ability, more so in the recent patch since somehow someone thought everyone plays a defensive tank or a blademaster. Devotions, Gear and Augments from Devil’s Crossing cover this department. A level 4 maiven’s gives you absorption equivalent to a level 12 Possession allowing you to go for Reckless Power for % fire damage.

3. Using Meteor Shower-

Since Warlock doesn’t have the insane flat damage bonuses of demo, high % WD of Cadence and DW line WPS it isn’t suited for melee combat which is why you would lack single-target damage no matter what you do.
This is where Meteor Shower comes into play. To explain it better it is to this build what Devastation is to a PRM build. Get the picture?

Concept Extension (Dual-Pistol Warlock)-

This concept can be used to create a Fire-Based Gunslinger Warlock as well :wink:

-Use the Barrelsmith Twins set and keep the rest of the setup same and use Meteor Shower Nuke
Relic slot is freed up for you guys to add something defensive or offensive depending on your needs

-Other guns can be used like Exterminus and Deviltongue, in this case relic slot is taken up by Plunderer’s Talisman but the best part is you get more RR

GrimCalc (w/ Plus Skills and Devotions)-

http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-b9xcU2

Playstyle-

LMB - Beronath’s Fury (w/ Acid Spray)
RMB - Calidor’s Tempest (w/ Eldritch Fire)
Keyboard 1 - Curse of Frailty (w/ Flame Torrent)
Keyboard 2 - Blood of Dreeg
Keyboard 3 - Mirror of Ereoctes
Keyboard 4 - Nullification

Meteor Shower should be bound to Mutilate a WPS granted by the item Blademaster’s Talisman

Screenshots (Include toggled auras and Blood of Dreeg which stays up 24/7)

Rashalga kill -

Items-

Weapon 1- Infernal Ritual Blade of Wildfire
Weapon 2- Infernal Ritual Blade of Voracity
Helm- Ulzuin’s Headguard
Chest- Chestguard of Justice
Gloves- Handguards of Justice
Shoulders- Stonehide Benn’Jahr’s Pauldrons of Kings
Legs- Stonehide Solael-Sect Legguards of Vitality
Feet- Stonehide Exalted Treads of Kings
Belt- Phantom-Thread Girdle
Amulet- Empowered Essence of Beronath
Rings- 2x Incorruptible Cronley’s Signet of Attack
Medal- Mark of Divinity
Relic- Blademaster’s Talisman

-The daggers i use aren’t an absolute must. You can use Ortus or Elite Legion Firestarters. Elite Legion Firestarters can be purchased at the black legion vendor when you are level 70 and are at revered with them.

Leveling Guide-

-Since you’re going 50/50 in both mastery bars you don’t have to worry about making too many mistakes.

-Just make sure not to invest in anything but physique! Spirit investment is only allowed when you really need it.

-Dreeg’s Evil Eye is the strongest skill you can hope for when levelling. It can take you from level 1 to all the way to elite (and even past it).

-Respec to melee when you have the appropriate gear, the main weapons can be purchased at the Black-Legion vendor (as i mentioned above).

Bosses-

This is melee warlock is strong no doubt but do expect some kiting. You can kill anything in a decent amount of time. But time your skills perfectly to make sure you don’t die. The defenses are strong enough to mitigate burst damage.

In Closing-

Kudos to Stoya for suggesting Aspect of the Guardian.

Ranged Warlock is also possible (see Concept Extension)

I made this build while respecing my DEE Warlock, never expected it to work this well. It’s a fun build with a unique playstyle, hope you guys enjoy it.

(Reserved)

Reserved for later

Nice :slight_smile:
Did you tried with Ortus, Firestarter or Grim fate instead MS? It seems that having fire dmg instead of chaos on at least one of your weapons would be nice?

Huh? Chaos damage? I don’t have any chaos weapons

My bad sry, thought that those are Masters spelblades not ritual blades :undecided:

Traded with a friend, gave him the entire DM set to get these

Well done. If the youtuber who was searching for a challenge hadn’t disappeared due to lack of interest, he could’ve used this as a referrence.

Sigh. I wish Shard of Beronath had no “melee only” limitation, the idea about a DW ranged warlock with 2x Arcanum Sigillis just can’t get out of my mind. :cry:

Yeah i wanted to make a ranged warlock but then realized i had no default attack modifier. Oh well. I just hope Inquisitor or Necromancer introduces a new default attack modifier. Kinda gotten bored of seeing the old ones.

Thanks for compliment btw. I still need to finish the guide. I feel so lazy though :stuck_out_tongue:

Another nice build! Looks like a combination of my saboteur and melee dw pyro :smiley:

Thanks Tomo

Sorry about the big bump. But this guide wasn’t finished and i got busy with other builds. The guide is finished now.

Added a leveling guide as per request.

solid build mate GZ :wink:

Lol, ty /10char

Updated a few things

Patch 1.0.0.9 players

Concept extension for you guys since for you Shard of Beronath is applicable to ranged weapons