Memory Leak

Hi everybody,
I just bought the game but as soon I start a new game it takes a lot of memory and then crashes my computer, I don’t know what’s going on! Can you help me?

My specs are Ryzen 9, RTX 3070 and 16 gb RAM, so I don’t think its my pc the problem

Thanks guys!

Edited: I have 16 gb RAM

From my testing, there is a memory reclamation issue when rerolling maps.
Check my post for my results: System Resource Usage and Map Reroll Time v0.7.4
Maybe this is what you are experiencing. If so, all I can suggest is to limit the number of rerolls between restarting the game entirely.

I didn’t do any kind of actual testing, but when watching my system go up to 6Gig ram usage on my processor and fan rev full speed, I accidentally clicked the screen with the mouse and it gave the “The game is not responding” pop up. I just told it to wait, then I noticed a few seconds later the game process went from 6gig to 0.5gig. Did this on a few map rerolls… right after I clicked the screen forcing the “not responding” pop up.

Yeah, I played with the game a little bit but every once in a while it crashes and make my computer restart. Is there some solution or are we bound to wait for some update? I never expected that this game would be too much for my system.

Sorry, but what do you mean with ‘rerolling’?

If you don’t like the map you have you can either reroll to get a different one or choose the restart option to start on the same map.

Ah ok, but mine just crashes in the middle of the game

There is a memory leak that does not have anything to do with map rerolls. I’ve been playing the same map for hours and watched in the task manager as this game slowly climbed from less than 4 GB to over 6 GB in usage. I have 64 GB installed so I’m not really that worried about this as it is pretty slow, but just a quick save and reload from save dropped it down to about 5.5 GB. Then I closed the game completely and restarted to “continue” and the map loaded in with only 4 GB being used again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.