Men and Women Stereotypes in Games

the glories communism :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually exactly the opposite. In communism massive pro army country. Like impossible to count number of tanks and very harsh military system. After fall of communism like every other sector-complete chaos and anarchy. So army is now 100% professional or volunteer.

Yes, we can be moderators just as well as men. :wink:

And yes, women should serve mandatory military service if it’s part of their country’s profile. Why not? Many would probably argue that doing that and having children later puts a crimp in their careers, but if you want equality then you’ve got to take the bad with the good. They wouldn’t lose out here because employers have to continue to pay those men doing their military service so they’d have to do the same for women.

On the opposite side of the coin, women who are pregnant here can’t be fired or if they are it can’t take effect until after they’ve had their maternity leave and returned to work. Doesn’t work that way for men of course, they can get fired at any time.

Because there are plenty of ways to serve your country without a gun. And I do think men are biologically more suited for combat - e.g. greater muscle density. Did you know that men are better able to tunnel vision than women are because men used to hunt more than women did? And women have better peripheral vision because it helps them with child rearing.

If I’m looking through the sights of a rifle, the former is a better evolutionary trait to have.

Ideally, of course, would be to allow both genders perfect freedom to choose.

But if a quota needs to be met, if there needs to be a certain number of bodies in green to ensure the safety of my country, I would personally want it to be men wearing the uniform.

1 Like

But that also applies to men. Plenty of other ways to serve their country. And here it might also be that you’re considered unsuitable for military service so would do civil defence instead - or if suited for neither you’re declared unfit.

I feel that the necessity to contribute to your country by firing a gun only is completely archaic and outdated as concept. If you want really peace, you can’t go in the same rabbit hole and continue you “pretend” you’re doing good deed by teaching the kids how to kill. I think these stereotypes have no place in modern days society.

Yes, that’s why I think NS should be extended to women as well. I just don’t think women should be forced into combat training.

But as it currently stands, there is a quota which needs to be met. So the vast majority of men are denied the luxury of choice.

Also, I’m not even getting into the fucked up part of the political machinations of the SAF yet.

For example, our greatest threat is malaysia. For a whole host of reasons I won’t get into, there is a lot of tension between Singapore and her much larger (albeit more poorly armed) neighbor.

As a result?

The vast majority of male Singaporean Malays are drafted into the civil defence force - i.e. firefighters, police officers.

That way, as reasoned by our government, should we ever go to war, we wouldn’t need to be as concerned about singapore malays deserting the military, or them turning against us.

I forget where I read this, but…

The only thing which stops a bad person with a talent for violence, is a good person who’s better at violence.

While it is extreme, there is a degree of truth to it.

@medea_fleecestealer: Yup. Sorry!

Again, we’re straying into politics in this thread.

2 Likes

“All roads are leading to Rome”

But the whole topic started and strayed completely different from the initial idea.

I blame mad_lee

1 Like

Very cruel is the world . Even sorcerers with immense talent and intelligence need to have abs and muscles.

Even greater female wizards, needs to have big balloon breasts and have to dress like burlesque dancers.

1 Like

Don’t we all aspire to have it all though :rofl:

1 Like

When you make your next Nightblade build, take this picture:

Nobody will think about messing around with this lady.

Nuuuupe.

Mortred the phantom assasson.

How many of the geniuses and greatest writers/scientists/composers/painters in the history have abs and big muscles?

Wanting to have it all, and actually having it all are 2 different things mate. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well having big muscles would not helped by any means Dostoyevsky, Leonardo, Mozart or Mendeleev. At same time if you look games, very often male nerds or scientists have big muscles, they know all the martial arts and can kick your ass.

Female scientists/nerds have always dress sexy, they’re covertly Victoria’s secret models. It’s just stereotypes man. Some argue in the thread that they apply only for women, in reality they’re applied to both gender. But even topic name isn’t done properly. :smile:

Well, do you ever went to a reading with Henry Rollins? Quite impressive, all things considered.
Sure, he is no genius and not the greatest writer but still…:wink:

Dr. Nitrus from crash bandicoot would disagree with you. :stuck_out_tongue:

@nery: Bro. Do you even lift?

1 Like

That’s interesting and when I think of myself in that context I can see that it might be so. I find the ‘tunnel vision’ bit especially revealing as in my case as a male I’ve always found it very easy to become hyper-focused when something interests me that I want to learn how to do. Some people don’t like repetitious activities, jobs, etc… but I’ve always kinda reveled in it, being able to shut off the mind and just do, just react.