Merchant Goods

It would be nice to make the merchant more useful. They actually buy and sell random goods.
Money is not a trouble at some point. Really. Cash is usually overflowing once the village becomes town because :

• It’s easy to buy cheap and sell high.
  • It’s easy to produce high stocks of any valuable goods not depending on ltd resources.

But my current map locks my development. The map is low on sand. And this sand is far far away. For the last 15 years, I didtn’t have the oportunity to buy glass and sand only twice in small quantities.

For the last 15 years I have been making money that I can’t use to satisfy the glass demand. Sure the city is rich but it makes nothing of it in regard of its needs.

So the idea is to boost up the supply and demand chain through the commerce centre.
Could it be possible to highlight what the city needs in the goods list so that the merchants do their job and make good money of it during their next trip (their primary target because actually they just leave the city with copper in pocket). That will of course increase the price because of the demand.

The second idea about the merchant is to offer what a city can not produce. It’s been done with spices. We can imagine resources like marble, exotic fruits, wine, rice etc… But I guess some kind of list has already been done by community and devs team for the next future.

Thx for the game.

2 Likes

Already looking at trading.

1 Like

Oups, failed finding it.
Thx for update and glad to hear thats on the way.

1 Like

I’d add also a third idea, not conflicting with the other two: make an option to order what you need (but with no control on the quantity perhaps), with a “ordering charge” so that what you order will be always above the average price.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.