Messed up my Revered reputation

I just messed up my reputation with the Death’s Vigil by accepting Kymon’s Chosen in Elite difficulty. Damn it. I was thinking about my alt when I did it too. My fault I know. Still, how is that even allowed? Kind of pisses me off. It should have prompted me the same way if I was a Necromancer. Now I have to play all the way through elite and have to remember to choose Death’s Vigil in Ultimate and get Revered all over again? That’s just f’n stupid.

Anyone else do that?

I like having armor augments from both factions. Btw it’s kinda hard to mistake the two emissaries.
Hitting Alt + F4 just after making a choice could have killed the game without saving but I’m not sure.

This might help you a bit:

2 Likes

then you couldn’t change faction once you’ve made the choice, which would be dumber/worse
this way you can get all the story all the items and recipes - which is good
congratz, get revered with kymon buy a stack of their armour augments and get revered with death’s vigil again on Ultimate and you now have access to all augments and any build eventuality

2 Likes

I went into Ultimate and got my reputation back. Now I just needed a fast place to farm. Good call, especially on Ultimate since it is in the beginning. At least I still have that 50% bonus on the reputation, so maybe I’ll get it back in an hour too.

1 Like

WOW! Now that is thinking ahead of the curve. Good idea. I can’t do that with my main, already got my Death’s reputation back, but I can do that with my alt and all other alts afterwards. I will too.

usually the way i do it is (with alts = i have a Mandate)
get revered with Kymon on veteran (since i clear all the quests/expansion means i get revered on 1 playthrough easy with a Mandate), - if you skip to elite after act 4 you might need to kill some more/do couple of bounties
^buys a stockpile of their armour augs
then on next playthrough (for me that’s usually Ultimate now due to merits Veteran → into Ultimate), i go revered with Death’s Vigil
^i now have access to all augments on that character

i do this to such extend, that unless it’s on a clean slate character (no merits to rush Homestead), i even delay my Necromancer class choice until after going friendly with Kymon, so i can still get Kymon augs on that necroX build, “just in case” - who knows if i need 9-9chaos-vit or 18 fire res aug (actually have ended up using them quite a number of times on end builds)

1 Like

Man, that’s a nice strategy. I never thought about doing that with the Necro class. I’ll have to try that some time. I always have an idea for an alt on the back burner. Though I need another class to pair with the Necro. I used Spirit so far, used Visions of Death spell, but I want to choose one from the actual game instead of the mod. I was thinking Soldier to be a Death Knight. That just sounds too cool to pass up. Plus its been a while since I played a DK too. Same with WoW as well, years.

Then again, in the GrimQuest section, there is Defense and Warfare, so I might give those a shot first to get more experience with Grimarillion mod and to remember the good old days of Titan Quest. It would also be interesting to see what the archtype class would be.

I looked at the D3 and Zenith ones, but none of them seem to jump at me, especially the D3 ones. I am playing this now because I am done with the Diablo games. This game is much more fun, not just because it’s new either. Now, off I go to get my rep back and to start up a new alt.