MI’s and Dungeons

Typically I avoid Monster Infrequents because they are a pain to farm. So why in the world am I trying to acquire one then? Well sadly it fits a build I want to try.

I have already made post about dungeons needing to stay open once you have beaten them once (meaning once per game but no need of a key). I know this will never happen. That is such a pain to not only have to farm bloods to make a key for a very slim chance of getting items once in the dungeon.

This problem is magnified 10 fold when Magi Hunting. Yep attempting to find the Ring of Orissia in the last dungeon. Thus far I have only burned through a dozen or so keys with zero luck not just in finding the ring but for even having a single game with that particular Magi spawned. Really this is crazy!!

I know 12 times is a drop in the bucket and many will say that’s not enough times. Well found a document of another who framed them 100 times to see the outcome. His approach is like mine, clear the room and exit to not waste more time in the dungeon. His results were not great. Specially zero rings from Orissia!

Should I just give it up? Or perhaps Grim Dawn devs need to re work dungeon keys to not require bloods so making them isn’t another slug of farming mats. Perhaps even re work that room to have 7 seals that need to be broken break the two who you want to fight and at least then the odds are so incredibly stupid on the luck factor. Will my game have the right magi will the magi drop what I want. One of those things need to change.

Yes. 12 runs is definitely not enough with current droprates.
With recent +50% drop rate to them I think an average number runs to get a particular legendary Magi ring is ~100
(was around 150 before the buff).
Of course it might take you 10 runs or 300 runs if you’re unlucky.

[edit] precisely 1/(2/7 * 4%) = 7/2 * 100 /4 = 87.5 average number of runs
I wouldn’t count on Zantai buffing the droprates again soon.
We :hamster::hamster::hamster: need the :ferris_wheel:

If you’re low on Blood but overflowing with Brains/Hearts there is the option of visiting Horrus in Necropolis to exchange materials.
Maybe Crate could introduce ~2 more blueprints for Skeleton keys that make use of AoM/FG crafting materials. At the same time the cost of 1 key could be raised, because player would have more alternatives.

Ahhh just my bloody luck , 5 runs in today and bam the ring of Orissia drops and out of my excitement I failed to notice I was being killed with dot damage before I could pick it up!!

Anyone want to trade ring of anubar or the sitheris one for it?

2 Likes

other option if there is a way?

Can you make a save folder, say with 10 keys. burn through those and if item isn’t found, revert back to save folder and try again?

ever since my stupid moment this morning have now burned up 40 keys with nothing to show. GRRRR

so tedious and boring the long run just to the entrance, to do dungeon and not even have right magi spawn!!

Not sure what are you pondering about. Sure there are a lot of ways to cheat this game.
Use whatever you like just be careful not to lessen your enjoyment and satisfaction from the game in the long run:

• use older saves as you’ve mentioned, but this doesn’t make any sense since you can just

• gdstash the keys

• teleport into the dungeon with Grim Internals

• trade

• GDStash the ring

If you farm the ring fairly it will certainly have more meaning to you.

1 Like

Sure. And it works exactly as you described as long as you are using local saving instead of cloud. Or, you could just use GD Stash and give yourself as many keys as you like - which, if it were to bother me that much, is what I would do instead of wasting time reloading save files.

/ninja’d 25 minutes ago by @tqFan but I dun care :wink:

1 Like

Well after about 60 runs after my excitement screw up and no luck trading I broke down and downloaded GD Stash!

Thank you who ever made that.

Now I have the ring and don’t feel bad about it.

Who didn’t use “idgod”

Everything else for build will be found ;). Maybe feel sort of guilty but I’m sorry if it hadn’t dropped I wouldn’t have cheated but dying right as I click on it on the ground was a slap to my face!!

I always felt that MIs, that have only a single drop source should have much higher chance to drop compared to the easily farmable ones. Doubly so, if they are only in a dungeon. Makes farming them excruiciatingly boring.

If a normal trash enemy that can spawn in great numbers has an MI you want, it’s a breeze to farm it. But unless they are somewhat close to a rift gate, I never wasted time farming a singular specific enemy, because I don’t feel like getting fucked by RNG over and over. And when it finally drops, it’s Thawing of Psyche or some other trash. No thanks.