MI Sect Pants Adjusted Drop rate?

Anyone know if they adjusted the drop rate on these pants? I know there is some dissatisfaction with the number and rarity of the affixes, but the pants themselves seem to drop a lot less. I used to farm these religiously and my drop rates were always around 20-30%, now it is a lot less. I did 20 Dreeg and Solael runs last night (gave up on Bysmiel) and got 3 pants total.

It could be bad luck, but it just feels different and I have done hundreds of runs.

Attachment: Untitled.jpg

I haven’t seen quite as many as I recall but that’s easily RNG, small sample size sort of deal. The bigger question on my mind is why do they roll so much “tough” “of thorns” “of mending”, I haven’t seen much more than a hint of the single res prefixes. But again RNG and new system.

All MIs drop less often, but the higher quality ones drop as often (or even more frequently) as before.

Basically, all of the variants that used to drop that you’d never use, ex. single-affix versions, don’t drop anymore.

Am I the only one who used single affix ones? With a rare prefix they are perfectly fine, I don’t get why those got nuked.

Single affix rares became Rare+Magic.

but how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Kubacabra pop?

1…

2…

The current state of MI rolls in a nutshell

Indeed my first Kuba pants (took only 4 deaths on elite…) were tough of protection. Talk about adding insult to injury.

All MIs drop less often, but the higher quality ones drop as often (or even more frequently) as before.

Basically, all of the variants that used to drop that you’d never use, ex. single-affix versions, don’t drop anymore.

Just so I have this straight. Using the MI Hidden Path pants as an example. The pants drop rate seems to be less than 10% now, it was 25-30% before.

However, I was letting a lot of crappy single affix (and low % ADCTH) pants to rot. So, the pants I see way less frequently should be better quality. I guess I am not seeing this. Maybe my sample size is too low. I will keep farming, but it is very discouraging and I am a very patient farmer.

OK, I did another 20 runs last night, 22 actually, which is 44 kill. I got 3 pants to drop, one of which I kept, Mighty Dreeg of Thunder, but even they were meh.

IMO the new system is very discouraging. Even crappy pants that I let rot were at least giving me a feeling of progress. A Skinner box has to actually dispense a goody every once in a while to be effective.

My preference is to farm in game. I have always enjoyed this kind of mindless activity. But, 2 hours in Crucible last night (which I consider anethma to RPG’s) netted me 3 really good MI shoulders. SO now instead of farming the game, I have to go and get what I want from RNGesus in the crucible.

I think this new approach to MI drops deserves a rethink.

I have to agree.

Farming these things already was incredibly boring, something I did on autopilot while watching tv. Now it’s even more boring, didn’t think it was possible but it is. Sure now when you actually get a drop it’s maybe not awful (there are still plenty of trash affixes) but the sense of progress is gone because the gaps between drops is too large.

Was wondering about the same thing, have been on the look out for a upgraded sect pair, and did about 20 or so runs yesterday without a single drop.

A bit too low drop chance now it seems, even though I could have had terrible luck streak going for me.

While we are on the topic on MI’s, I have also been looking for a Aetherwarped Cleaver, which is gated behind a Skeleton Key and a pretty long slog through the first part of Port Valbury.

So that one is gonna be a real pain to get a good roll on, if my very low sample of runs and some posters experiences here is to go by.