Mini Guide to Leveling Alts in Crucible 1-50

You shouldn’t SF in Crucible. Won’t say it’s not possible, but levelling speed there extremely depends on the quality of your build and gear. In MC you’re less burdened with crap gear and build, yet exp is capped by enemy’s levels as well as how fast you can travel.

Wha?! Since when can you get devotion points in the crucible?

What is SF?

The acronym list failed me again :confused:

self-found… :rolleyes:

nice guide… though i havent tried lvling in cruc…

Ah, makes sense. Thank yee!

you’ve always been able to get devotion points in crucible. theres a vendor in there that will let you buy them.

I’ve missed a trick here! I thought it was exclusive to the campaign so I’ve been going through that and back to crucible - back and forth!

The number of hours depends on your choices of mastery/spells. My current Demo is at 11 hours and level 46.5. My Arcanist leveled much faster due to kill speed (2 Olexra’s Flash Freeze +2 Trojan Sky Shards kills most waves.) There could be a more streamlined hyper optimal version of leveling, but this guide wasn’t for that. This guide is the Dynasty Warriors version of a guide xD.

As for self found, it’s not that bad. The main damage comes from your component and spells so gear can be mostly anything that helps survival. Armor, resistance, really whatever. Just recently switched my Demo’s component spell to Dreeg’s Gaze poison because I found a sweet poison damage wand. If you have no crafting recipes you will probably find a few from the chests you can use. Once you hit 25+, you will start finding more blues mixed with greens so you’re more likely to find those Herald’s/Perdition pieces.

I agree your very first time playing Grim Dawn should be a normal run through the campaign (to gather some resources and experience). After that, you can level alts just fine in Crucible or campaign. I’ve done alts through both methods just depends on your mood :).

Lol . was going to ask how to get crudely scrawled note without having to go into the prison .

Went into a game with a new character , and lets say , well , that was easy :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice :D, there’s a few other books on the way to Olman’s Axe and Francis’ Gun. That first note is a huge amount of xp.

Just a heads up, I updated the guide a decent amount. Added an example gear setup, added more info on tributes (cost/usage), and added example run.

I will be trying this when I start a new character. Thanks for the info!

This sounds pretty cool. As an Altaholic, I’m getting a bit tired of the MC. And I have most, if not all, of the gear you’re talking about. I think I’m going to give this a try.

Question: I plan on making a Necro as soon as the expansion hits. What class do you expect to compliment that build?

i prefer to start up crucible. grab the loot from the body in front of the main npc. buy a two handed weapon and a armor piece i don’t have off the vendor. use it to dispatch the first 10 waves. from there the rest of your steps would likely match up.

just grabbing the axe or gun takes awhile. the two handed lightning sword would be the better option. altogether none of them will be used long enough to make them worth while though. every item will be out leveled after the first trip through the crucible. saves lots of time to just start on the crucible.

Love the guide, it’s very helpful.
Shame that leveling in crucible burns me out really fast for some reason even when I try to entertain myself by watching something on the other monitor.
Its very monotone, especially with lack of instant xp/item drops, but instead having to go through all the waves first.

Idk enough about the Necromancer atm to adequately answer this, but it appears there is a heavy influence on elemental damage from the Inquisitor side. I’m hoping it will pair well with the Arcanist (make the old school fantasy wizards and such). For the necro side, I believe it will be Aether/cold/trauma/vitality decay so multiple classes will pair well with it.

The time/effort (maybe 5 min) to grab the axe and the gun serves a few purposes. First, you get a nice chunk of exp/levels on the way (spells/stats). Second, you will have decent items to put your components into. Third, they are both one handed, so you can use the tome or shield. The 2hander is strong, but you put yourself at risk with limited to no pots. I tend to stick with the gun and just spam fireballs/shoot until I can get the ectoplasms and wand+tome.

The majority of the damage done is not melee. The idea of the build is ranged spell combat so what gear you use does not matter in regards to weapon slots. Just whatever can fit the components (ideally +magic damage too).

It can be boring for sure. I like to turn on a podcast or music when I level this way. You can add little challenges to make it more interesting. For example, try to wiggle your way to the next boss level and beat it earlier than you “should be able to”. Swap some talents around to try new spells you haven’t used.

I plan on updating when the expansion comes out. Let’s see what changes :). The inquisitor looks to be a possible addition to recommended masteries. I may or may not be biased to elemental damage xD.