Minor xbox fix ideas

I love the xbox port, and I was worried about how well it would be done. I wish Titanquest wouild take a look at this port and redo their own, but we know that won’t happen.

2 things though, just little things although one can get very annoying.

1. Have the last played character be the one selected when you log on? It isn’t a big deal, but I tend to hit start without thinking and I am playing the wrong person. Any way to just make the last played character the one automatically selected at startup?

2. Starting point in game always makes sense, until Malmouth sewers. Even after unlocking Steelcap District, every time I log in I start in the sewers. Any way to make the Steelcap district your starting point? Again, small issue as I can summon a portal, but it would be nice to start in an area where everything is handy and easy to sell and bank and whatever else.

3. Is there a way to brighten the screen on my TV without just changing brightness on the tv itself? A setting in game would be really nice. My TV looks amazing for skyrim and other games I play, but Grim Dawn is extra dark for me, and I played thousands of hours on my computer, so before anyone says it is meant to be dark, no, not like this. I literally can’t see dynamite chests unless the msg pops up to open it. Can we either get the ability to lighten the screen, or maybe make clickable objects stand out a little bit more?

1. How strange, because the PC version remembers your main menu settings, unless you crash or exit the game with ALT+F4 or the like.
  2. Setting your spawn point to the Steelcap District hub has been a popular request. Crate has ruled it out, so that people do not accidentally set it as their spawn point as a guest in a MP session, if they have not conquered the place in their save game.

I turn the gamma all the way up on my PC and you could look for items with light radius on them which might help too. Even then, sometimes it’s too dark for me.

Yep and this is what I was hoping for.

On the xbox when I load the game it goes to the bottom person on the character list every time. A character named “Tagoguy” (don’t judge me, my son named him!!!) and all the other characters right now start with K. I haven’t tested to see if someone with a U or higher in the alphabet would be the new person it started with.

Has it always been like this, or only since the release of Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.4? If the latter, it might be an unwanted side effect of this:

In any case, I guess this is something they hopefully take care of in an upcoming patch.

Since the PC version always takes me to my last character when I first start it up and has done so for as long as I can remember I’d say it isn’t recent.

Starting up first time today

Chose one of my other Conjurers, played that for a minute or so then exited the game completely. Went back in and

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.