Missing all characters after disabling cloud save

I decided to disable cloud save because i installed grim internals. So i disabled it, and closed out of the game. When i booted it back up, everything was just blank. all characters gone. Do you think they just got moved to a local save? Or did they just get wiped? Sorry ive never experienced this in a game. The closest thing to this was 20 years ago when i saved over a lvl 80 dark elf in morrowind with a lvl 1 wood elf…which was a much worse event than this considering i was playing it on an xbox, which crashed morrowind 30 times a day and all loading screens were the length of a tv show. Anyway, thanks for any tips on getting my hardcore toons back!

follow this

save location changes location on your drive when disable cloud in game settings, so your characters need to be moved to the new corresponding location

Ok, sweet, thanks alot! I will for sure try this when i get off work. So i guess im not understanding how my characters wouldnt show up. I understand they got moved to new local location but since i disabled cloud saving in game, and on steam, and my files are now local, wouldnt they appear when the game is launched? Or when i disabled cloud save, the saves are still there but not usable until i move them to the local folder? I 100% know that im done with the cloud saving for sure. Man i dont get to game like i used to so the 150 hours i have in this game would suck to lose! Thanks for that visual!

this, the saves are still on your system, the game just doesn’t read them because you pointed the game save path in a different direction
as you’ll see in that guide, when you have cloud save on in game, on steam version it stores the saves physically in a steam folder for your acc id and grim dawn app id
when you then click cloud off, grim dawn changes save location to documents folder, so the saves need to be moved there for the game to be able to read them
if you clicked cloud on in game settings again you’d see your chars are still all there and the game can read it, since now you pointed grim dawn to steam folder save location, where they are physically located on your drive

just make sure your follow the guide, powbam made nice picture step by steps, and it will all work out :+1: