The MISSING builds compendium

All added, thanks!

Cabalist, Conjurer, and vindicator all need just one build to complete. We also just need cold shieldbreaker and Warlord to have a second completed damage type

Bleed Sentinel: :white_check_mark:

20220623111748_1

I couldn’t believe a mastery with double RR skill in the least resisted damage type was still not done, but the synergy wasn’t quite there, at least the way I went about it.

But it was a good way to test out the new buffs to bleeding bloody pox.

Overall, the build is a bit of a mess, with significant portion of my damage output in pierce, but with very low % pierce damage. It still managed to take down Theodin Marcel with laughable ease, which is more of a testament to how powerful bleeding damage and Vire’s might are than to anything this exercise was.

Bloody pox, even when not as supported as it could be (I barely have any % vitality damage) was cleaning mobs by itself very effectively. Fevered rage is a great match for bleed builds as a support skill: the lowered DA makes you crit more often and for more damage, and the confusion mitigates the undesired effects. Going with Vire’s might as my main damage dealer made sure I was zipping around enough so that I was never swarmed anyway.

2 Likes

I guess you could do Gutsmasher bleed EoR Sentinel too, but this hot mess of bloody pox / vire’s might is cooler lol

1 Like

Cold Grenado Shieldbreaker

This wasn’t without deaths, and don’t bother fighting Fabius with it, but I was able to successfully complete SR, so I’ll gladly take the points. It’s far too squishy for my tastes, but a 100K Cold Grenado every 2 seconds is money, and the double mobility skill makes it great for avoiding unnecessary damage.

That means the last Cold mastery to solve is Warlord, and I already have a Grimtools planned for it. I’ll test it this weekend and I see no reason why it wouldn’t beat SR65 as well.

1 Like

Awesome, added!

I couldn’t wait until the weekend. More additions to the chart:

Cold Cadence Warlord

Cadence and Silverbolt are too strong of a combination together. Made for a very easy and deathless SR65-66 run, meaning that Cold damage is now complete across the table.

Elemental Cadence Blademaster

Tri-Elemental Cadence - I never felt so naked with only 48RR between both masteries. Thankfully, the mace has a neat on-death effect, and it was sturdy enough to get through even enemies like Fabius which is surprisingly resistant to Fire as well as Cold. This may not be a full Lightning build, but having Lightning checked on the table is a good enough redemption for the legend of FACTS guy.

Don’t ask me to do Vitality Blademaster. I have no idea where that sort of idea would even begin.

1 Like

:man_cartwheeling: :tada:

Awesome stuff :slight_smile:

I really need to find the origin of that inside joke :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator maybe ?

One more surprising (in a good way) result:

Pierce Reaping Arc Ritualist

Of course, most of the damage you can’t see because Blood Pact and Soul Harvest contribute a ton of converted Vitality damage, but Reaping Arc does just enough to kill things to my liking. SR65 was deathless, SR66 had a few deaths, but was completed as well. -35% RR from Devouring Swarm and fully converted Tip the Scales help it function as a build.

My first drafts weren’t particularly good for this one, so I’m happy that I’m able to add it to the list.

EDIT: Acid Shieldbreaker was already done by @RektbyProtoss in this video: [HC] Grim Dawn Build Highlight - Acid Retaliation Bomberman Shieldbreaker - Grenado & Canister Bomb - YouTube

The video shows him beating Morgoneth, so it’s definitely viable for the list.

1 Like

Added both, great stuff!

So Pierce damage is the only damage type left that Cabalist hasn’t completed yet, so I took a stab at it for the sake of completing the table. Here’s what I came up with:

Pierce Acid Purge Cabalist

Final verdict: I failed at every juncture I tried. I tried SR, I tried doing regular totems, and I died each time. Good luck getting Cabalist to do 100K+DPS for Pierce damage, as I genuinely think this was the best shot in obtaining it. It’s just overall too weak, too squishy, and too vulnerable to even Hero mobs to stand a chance.

I think that outside of the Pierce supported classes (Nightblade, Inquisitor, possibly Soldier), you’re going to have a bad time completing this challenge for pierce damage. The general lower % values and lack of decent RR makes it very difficult to pull off.

1 Like

Yeah, I was looking at the chart too, and pierce and vitality are gonna be the hardest IMO. Pierce because RR is rare, and vitality because you need a lot of RR to make it work.

I was theorycrafting pierce Conjurer, but you apparently already did last year:

Shaman and Occultist have a few tools to make this work (Rancor, 2 conduits for Devouring swarm and bloody pox, Jarinthor’s head and cowl of the venomblade)

all remaining classes have ways to convert a good attack to pierce, but no way to access RR.

There’s always bladetwister signet, pestillence of dreeg with the right prefix, Ravager’s gaze and Necrosis relic…

Bleed Reaper : :white_check_mark:

20220624134837_1

Not much to say about this one, it was very easy to build and pilot, Demonslayer and scarab shield are a great combo, the build basically plays itself.
Mobbing can be done with just siphon soul and the pets, which is a good thing because PB costs a lot of energy, so I had to chug a lot of energy potions during my Korvaak fight.

Bleeding is quickly becoming my favorite damage type.

It’s not just about getting the RR, it’s about making sure your main attack does enough damage while also giving you the sustain necessary to survive against packs. Yeah, Occultist has Jarinthor’s head to provide Pierce RR, but what is a Conjurer (or Cabalist) going to attack with to make use of it? I thought about using Chillspikes, but I distinctly remember having a very poor performance every time I tried to use it as a main attack. The removal of Crit damage to these items make these attacks very rough to sustain yourself, and instead are meant to be easy proccer’s or filler damage.

The reason Elemental Blademaster did so well, despite the low RR, was because it had 30K weapon damage and Cadence is a really good default attack. Something like Savagery with only 15K weapon damage (like in my theorycraft above) simply isn’t going to cut it, at least for my testing purposes.

Here are some additional theorycrafts to fill up more of the chart. Whichever ones are the most promising are the ones I’ll test out next.

Chaos Beronath Reaper - I know Chaos Witch Hunter can go quite high in SR, so a Reaper shouldn’t be too terrible, especially with 100% WPS including tons of leeching and decent Weapon damage.

Lightning EoR Sentinel - A dual-RR mastery with a fully capped EoR shouldn’t be so bad, as long as we avoid Grava, right?

1 Like

It’s weird since except vit support, reaper does not contribute anything to your gears and playstyle; but there’s a helmet that supports both class and bleeding damage; like custom version of demonslayer but atleast some reaper support Reaper, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t give that build much thought to be honest. I knew Demonslayer and scarab shell could carry the build on their own, so I took this opportunity to test out the buffs to siphon soul. Having a constant -400 OA debuff on everything (including veil of shadows) really shows.

That’s much better than what I threw together :slight_smile:
I still have a lot to learn

1 Like

Honestly I think you can just slap Silverbolt+Pack of Treacherous Means+Bladetwister Signet+some pierce rr conduit to make pierce anything that includes shaman or occultist work.

Just tweaked my grimtools for pierce savagery vindicator for these:

Conjurer: Conjurer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Cabalist: Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Can’t get to full conversion, but maybe tankiness from % absorb and blood of dreeg and massive +skills can carry enough for Korvaak and maybe SR50 something.

@DeputyChuck @thepowerofmediocrity

1 Like

Poor Pierce Cabalist…
Forced into the Troll Rage meta :rofl:

2 Likes

Pierce Silverbolt Death Knight: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GAzRGZ
It’s really really rough. There is pretty much no RR at all (which is why I took Necrosis of all things as relic), Conduits don’t help, so I tried to pump as much Cunning and %wpn damage on WPS to even out
Resist and DA are also pretty shite and the devo map I made up at the last second, so I have no idea if it’s even capable of finishing the Ulti campaign+DLCs
On the plus side, it does get a ton of HP and half-decent armor, but I’m not sure those can save it from having like 30% total RR :sob:

1 Like

Chaos S&B Warlord: Warlord, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
Aether DW Warlord: Warlord, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
2H Physical Savagery Elementalist: Elementalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
Vitality Blightlord Shieldbreaker Caster: Shieldbreaker, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
Vitality DW Blademaster: Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

My pc is about as quick as a decaying slug corpse, so I have no idea of how well these do in-game, but it’s the best I could do with these classes

1 Like

Chaos Reap Spirit Ritualist

Let’s be honest - the pets are doing the yeoman’s work here, and there’s no reason to pick Ritualist over Cabalist, but here’s a build to show that you can run Chaos pets with Ritualist and clear SR65-66 deathless. Since I’ve already done a Chaos Reap Spirit Cabalist, this build was easy to construct and easy to pilot. Making sure the Reap Spirit pets do enough damage is the most important part here, and with tons of pet OA and Primal Bond, you get to see big damage numbers.

This makes Ritualist fully complete!

2 Likes