'Missing Builds?'

I tried the HoG acid Deceiver, and it works well for my standards :slight_smile:
It would need tweaking a bit to make it viable in SR or crucible, but I facetanked Theodin Marcel and never felt in any kind of danger. Despite low armor and health, it’s surprisingly tanky for some reason.

And it gets rid of trash mob as easily as any build I have ever played. The constant near-screen-wide confusion/damage reduction/damage every second that triggers abomination more than half the time gets rid of anything without a star next to its name in just one shot.

For someone looking for an Occultist build that’s unconventional and that can clear pretty much everything campaign has to throw at it, I think this is good enough.

2 Likes

Next up: Chaos stun jacks :rofl:

See?

Yes, that is what I mean. I have also played off-grid-builds which seemed invincible, without me understanding why, and vice versa, super Defensive Builds, in which I put a lot of effort and thinking, that just sucked and died all the time.

Never tried Horn of Gandar though…

Looking forward to what’s coming next.

Do you use GDstash or something to have those builds tested quickly?

Yes
I had a deceiver already, just needed the gear

well… maybe I have to rethink my GDstash attitude then… don’t know…

Here’s a missing build - Acid Panetti, the only one I haven’t seen and looks totally doable as far as skill points to the skill and conversion are concerned.

2 Likes

It’s actually really fun & more powerful than most would expect. But as many have said & I agree it’s a bit odd seeing the original color and assuming that it’s doing it’s original damage~
IF ONLY the fire damage on the Gulgazor heart was actually elemental…
:frowning:

1 Like

This is how my Acid PRM looks like. Is yours different? :laughing:
Oh wait, it’s Panetti-Dreeg Replicating Evil Eye that they invented together.

Not sure what skill are you referring to but for Acid PRM I’d use Putrid Necklace. Seems tailor-made for this and Acid Arcanist in general. And The Paragon of Panetti for skill points. That’s about how far I thought this out.

3 Likes

I think he meant the fire to acid on Gulgazor, if it was ELEMENTAL to acid instead

Between Putrid Necklace, Vilgazor’s heart and Gulgazore’s heart, there are a LOT of different possible builds :slight_smile: I love this set of items, they really are archetype definers by themselves :slight_smile:

Theorycrafting it right now, question: does multiple sources of damage absorbtion stack (Possession and Maiven’s )

1 Like

They stack. Multiplicatively. But it’s still good, I’d take both.

3 Likes

Here’s a hastily thrown together base (no augments, not all components, some dubious choices probably)

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwo8wnZ

1 Like

Nice!

• devotion looks great except 1 point in Magi you left by mistake, maybe put it into free Yugol’s node

• Serenity could be good here for a lot of additional skill points

1 Like

Fixed both, thanks!

That point in Magi was a misclick :slight_smile:

I tried Serenity + Tome of Arcane Wastes for +2 All but I’m not sure if it would be necessarily better because you seem to have a lot of skill points to begin with.

However I noticed that you have Aether to X on one of the rings and on Seal of the Might which ruins your Aether to Acid conversion a bit from Putrid Necklace.

Also nice usage of Aether Corruption.

1 Like

Agreed. Since this is a weird match in damage type, I have more skill points than I need, maxing out Blood of dreeg and Panetti is more important IMO

Yeah, I know… but the upsides seemed like they were worth the tradeoff.
Though anything else that’s useful could go there if you find something

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

I have another proposition. Although I prefer Bat to Eyes of Guardian in general
(doesn’t require melee range, far more ACDTH, bigger change to proc, using it on DEE for example)

here you got no Pierce / Vit to Acid conversion and cannot really benefit from Bat too much
(you’ve got no Weapon damage, even Physical damage on the scepter, and Bat only takes 30% from it)

You could consider this slight tweak to devo that has Guardian instead of Bat:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYrmWW2

Eyes here are more useful because of your Chaos to Acid conversion on the off-hand that they would be without it.

Sailor is the cost though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hate to lose sailor, and bat was there really because it gave me some red and green affinity… but that makes a lot of sense :slight_smile:

Edit: If that life leech isn’t needed, this could also be pretty good I think :
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7Okb5V

Aetherfire on PRM should proc pretty often, and be fully converted

We even have one point left

Good idea as it procs on your targets
Maybe use this spare point for Sailor you wanted: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25OBmKZ
(actually just notice you lack healing in this build, might be kinda sketchy)

@DeputyChuck Going for Mythical Scion of Bitter Winds and maybe some other source of Vit -> Acid (i.e. Ring / Chest) and Bat could be an option too

so I think I’d personally go back to your first devo with Bat + Sailor but get Vit -> Acid to make Bat work

1 Like

@DeputyChuck If we allow for GDStash impossible builds, we could do this:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0ml0EZ (added Shuroth)

:laughing:

Also let’s just take 2 x Shuroth for 100% Vit to Acid with Scion of Bitter Winds and don’t overthink it :wink:

Btw nice defenses:

• 40% Phys res
  • 2 x Absorption (Mirror + Possesions)
  • Damage Reduction from Yugol
  • Mirror / Nullification
  • Bat
2 Likes

Wow~ I need to include epic sets more often in my set searches! That one totally flew under my radar and both me chosen helm and shoulders can easily be replaced for those! although I REALLY do HATE loosing RR but there are cases where it’s justified. A am happy with how many points I have in the line currently 25/16 - 21/12 - 20/12 - 17/12
But the insane amount of points that a set that simple contains for the skill I’m using seems like a no brainer!

2 Likes