'Missing Builds?'

I’ll play around with those, thanks!

Yes that’s me :slight_smile:

Did pretty much every gear/skill guides for Salvador at the time, and some general ones too.
My “Deputy” build is still one of the most played one right now, if Twitch and Youtube are anything to go by :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

More like one of the most broken one ever. Just next to pimphabs :rofl:

1 Like

I had the luck of finding that quirk in a game where the devs rarely patched anything out. So it’s still a monster build to this day. (Was told that the issue was too deep-rooted in the code for them to be able to address it)

Those were the days :slight_smile:

Before BL3 came out, they made one last expansion for BL2 and increased OP levels even further… I tried it out just to be sure and yep: it still absolutely wrecked, I think I 3-shoted the final boss :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah I also tried lilith dlc tho I’m primarily a maya player so I only tried it with her (and derch’s skill setup which just works so well on almost every item combination) and it still kicks ass like nothing’s changed after a few years. Haven’t played bl3 tho. Didn’t have the money at launch and afterwards I heard the story’s shit.

1 Like

Derch’s stuff was absolutely great. I miss the collabs with him for his channel.

The story itself isn’t too bad in and of itself … it’s the … pacing I guess ? or the themes ? I don,t know how to describe it but the magic isn’t there…

It’s kinda like They understood what Borderlands was all about, but not what made it special…

Trying to find an example…
Fallout 3/4 were undoubtedly fallout games… They had the humor, the enemies, the visuals, the tone… but something was off…

Fallout 3 was … a fallout
But New Vegas WAS Fallout, for real

BL3 felt like the former…

Kind of have to agree. I haven’t played through completely, made it partway through to Promethea just after Gigamind and had to stop, hope to get back to it when I’m feeling like it but for what I played, most of the story and side quests felt like they were going through the motions, things were just happening and it felt meh. Not the kind of feel BL2 and some of it’s DLC (like Tiny Tina’s) gave that really drew me in.

The gameplay has been pretty damn fun though and probably the biggest positive. I don’t mind the story being so off if it’s just fun to slaughter stuff. I would say more but I think we’ve gone way off-topic.

1 Like

Let’s stick to the topic folks. Missing builds in GD.

1 Like

This time I have to agree :smile:

I tried the HoG acid Deceiver, and it works well for my standards :slight_smile:
It would need tweaking a bit to make it viable in SR or crucible, but I facetanked Theodin Marcel and never felt in any kind of danger. Despite low armor and health, it’s surprisingly tanky for some reason.

And it gets rid of trash mob as easily as any build I have ever played. The constant near-screen-wide confusion/damage reduction/damage every second that triggers abomination more than half the time gets rid of anything without a star next to its name in just one shot.

For someone looking for an Occultist build that’s unconventional and that can clear pretty much everything campaign has to throw at it, I think this is good enough.

2 Likes

Next up: Chaos stun jacks :rofl:

See?

Yes, that is what I mean. I have also played off-grid-builds which seemed invincible, without me understanding why, and vice versa, super Defensive Builds, in which I put a lot of effort and thinking, that just sucked and died all the time.

Never tried Horn of Gandar though…

Looking forward to what’s coming next.

Do you use GDstash or something to have those builds tested quickly?

Yes
I had a deceiver already, just needed the gear

well… maybe I have to rethink my GDstash attitude then… don’t know…

Here’s a missing build - Acid Panetti, the only one I haven’t seen and looks totally doable as far as skill points to the skill and conversion are concerned.

2 Likes

It’s actually really fun & more powerful than most would expect. But as many have said & I agree it’s a bit odd seeing the original color and assuming that it’s doing it’s original damage~
IF ONLY the fire damage on the Gulgazor heart was actually elemental…
:frowning:

1 Like

This is how my Acid PRM looks like. Is yours different? :laughing:
Oh wait, it’s Panetti-Dreeg Replicating Evil Eye that they invented together.

Not sure what skill are you referring to but for Acid PRM I’d use Putrid Necklace. Seems tailor-made for this and Acid Arcanist in general. And The Paragon of Panetti for skill points. That’s about how far I thought this out.

3 Likes

I think he meant the fire to acid on Gulgazor, if it was ELEMENTAL to acid instead

Between Putrid Necklace, Vilgazor’s heart and Gulgazore’s heart, there are a LOT of different possible builds :slight_smile: I love this set of items, they really are archetype definers by themselves :slight_smile:

Theorycrafting it right now, question: does multiple sources of damage absorbtion stack (Possession and Maiven’s )

1 Like

They stack. Multiplicatively. But it’s still good, I’d take both.

3 Likes

Here’s a hastily thrown together base (no augments, not all components, some dubious choices probably)

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwo8wnZ

1 Like

Nice!

• devotion looks great except 1 point in Magi you left by mistake, maybe put it into free Yugol’s node

• Serenity could be good here for a lot of additional skill points

1 Like