Mnemosyne - Pet Conjurer

Seen anything in the latest public test changelog that you’d add to this Maya?

1 Like

Rektby getting rekt’d by pets on HC. Boris swiftly followed. :grinning: That was at L24.

1 Like

Might make a lazy Briarthorn Pet build once the new patch rolls out with the same concept instead :stuck_out_tongue:

Familiar Pet buffs seem mostly centered around 1 Birb builds and other changes will require less lazy approach :sob:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gzaAON (experimental link although I am pretty sure dropping Familiar entirely would be better in favour of taking Zaria’s amulet + Briarthorn Off-hand)

Planned Lazy Briar build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dD1zL2

11sfsf

1 Like

Yeah, I was wondering as I played the Conjurer today whether just having Briar and Hellhound might be possible. :thinking:

It can take down Callagadra, albeit slowly…

So, definitely a viable option. That said, I need to try Crate before making any final judgements on the build. My standards for even meme builds keep on rising :sweat_smile:

EDIT: Tested Cally with the briarthorn build (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dD1zL2)

Took 30mins, but no potions needed and pets rarely die. So lazy, yes. But once new patch rolls out, will be even slower :expressionless:

1 Like

Damn! Got too greedy and died. Was heading out to get the cannons for Homestead and had the pets attack a couple of aether crystals in the aether crap; one was a cluster when they destroyed it. Since I was on HC I tried to run to it and pick it up then get back to safe ground before I died - I failed. :woozy_face: Had the cluster too so that’s lost as well. Will have to start all over again. I’m not having a good day today with my pets in GD.

2 Likes

Has the relic Bysmiel’s Domination been tried on these chaos builds? It seems to proc all of the time and the damage is crazy.

If you want more damage, then yes, Bysmiel’s dom will be better. But, a lot of sacrifices will have to be made to fit it in due to no longer having access to the Pet resistances or +1 to skills from Mog’s ardor.

1 Like

It was literally less than 10 seconds since I posted that you were replying. I play self found (no blueprints) which is why these patches hit me harder than most - no GD stash or mods what-so-ever. Mogdrogen’s Ardor it is then and yes, I knew you would have looked into this: grinning: I haven’t hit level 94 yet and haven’t had a chance to seriously compare the relics. As an aside, I’ve decided not to value my character but just the items with pet bonuses that I keep in my personal and shared stash tabs, which is a shame. I don’t want my head to explode after every new balance patch. No more self found for me. And my character named Raven will probably be deleted after the next update as that name won’t fit anymore. Thanks as always Maya, love your builds.

1 Like

:blush:

Wait, the newest patch hasn’t nerfed any of my builds. So you don’t need to worry about that.

The last “nerf” was before this build was made. So it shouldn’t matter.

The builds getting nerfed are Skeletons and Briarthorns :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, if you want Bysmiel’s Domination, this should work: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAjql7Z

You know, if I had taken 3 extra seconds on your main build page to read the titles of the builds further than the first word, I would have seen you had already made a walking simulator build instead of me trying to tweak random pet builds I came across haha.

Did this ever come to fruition or was this just a mock-up, and could you touch on the differences between the two builds? To the inexperienced eye they look almost identical!

Loving the guides, by far the most significant resource I have to enjoying the game better.

Thanks!

also totally not asking but is a toggle only walking simulator possible for the necro/occ or necro/shaman classes?

2 Likes

Glad to hear the guide is being useful :blush:

That Experimental build ended up becoming this: Conjurer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.1) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
ver.2 > Conjurer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.1) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

I am waiting for the new patch to drop before fully testing and posting it since the amulet and offhand used are getting nerfed a bit. It is however, 100% viable atm :+1:

As for Cabalist, should be easy enough since you can simply take Blightfiend and Reap Spirit (extra button, kind of… but can be put on left click). Something like: Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.1) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (Untested though)

Ritualist… I can’t speak for without proper testing. Unless… I am allowed to take the easy way and just make a Diviner Reap Spirit Ritualist without any other active skills on purpose and call it a lazy build :sweat:

1 Like

Phenomenal as always, thank you!

Maybe for ritual it could be some briarblight combo if the items exist haha, poison bleed sounds cool! Knowing me though, I’d take every toggle in both trees before even putting my first pet point- togglemancer ftw!

Thanks again!

1 Like

:blush:

I must confess that I have no idea how to make Poison/Bleed work with Briarthorns and Blightfiends, even on a non lazy pet build :sweat_smile:

I mean, it would still do SR 75 and stuff… but things like Callagadra is what I set as minimum standard for my builds unless it is a completely meme one. So I often end up disappointing myself and deleting the chars. For every build I have posted, I have deleted like 3 more :sweat:

Hello, first time playing GD (on XsX), absolutely clueless of the game, noob and lazy.
I’ve just signed to say THANK YOU for your nice pet builds.
Started today and i’m killing everything (well, on normal difficulty but let’s not talk about it :joy:) plus i love some fluffy, stinky, angry friends.

1 Like

The author of the build is no longer on these forums.
But you may reach them on reddit where they go by the name of MayaGD.

In the meantime, I shall convey your thanks to them :+1:

1 Like

Giving this another go in SC this time. Aldric downed easily at L24.

No Boris spawned though.

Hardcore try again, Aldric going down.

Boris soon followed

L23 this time. :grava_yes:

It seems Maya made a budget version of this

https://www.reddit.com/user/MayaGD/comments/qel59g/comment/ho9ifaw/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

2 Likes