[Mod] Build Expansion

Build Expansion

v1.0.0

This mod aims to expand upon character building in Grim Dawn, Allowing for combinations that otherwise wouldn’t be possible. It does this in the following ways:

• Every level you get 4 skill points and on your first level (2) you will get 35 skill points to kick start your build
  • You get 3 Attribute points (phys, cunning, spirit) rather than 1, every level
  • Maximum character run speed increased from 135% > 150%
  • Optional xp boost via ring, this experience ring gives +50xp & 10% increased movement speed to speed up the leveling process (liked the idea of an item so you have the option to un-equip at any time to revert back to standard xp rates) This ring can be found at the Devils Crossing faction vendor upon hitting friendly rank in case you want to get it back at any time. (you can equip two of them for doubled effects)
  • Every Devotion Shrine rewards you with 5 points up from 1-2 giving a total of 295 points, and thus the cap has been increased to 295 as well to accommodate this change.
  • Increased mob density by 5x
  • Increased champion density by 2.5x (experimental change)
  • Increased global difficulty by 3x so the game doesn’t become too faceroll with all the increased skills/stats etc.

Installation Instructions:

Click mega link and download the zip

After you download, extract the zip to desktop or somewhere easy to find.
You should have the folder now unzipped called “Build_Expansion”

Now go to your Grim Dawn install directory typically “\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn”

Create folder called “mods” and then paste the “Build_Expansion” folder in there

it should look like this “\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods\Build_Expansion”

To activate it simply change game mode on the Grim Dawn menu screen and select “custom campaign” and choose Build_Expansion. Create a character and it should all work fine.

Link to mod:

https://mega.nz/file/IMAinSTJ#rCDBR-nrMtxqM5eSbXAKoi8H4jlnC-d0bxQFrNvPdkc

I’ve had this mod for my own needs for a while and felt I’d share it, I stripped out all the wacky experimental changes I’d made like increasing briarthorn slam projectiles from 8 to 36 lol. This is my first mod, if you have any feedback that would be greatly appreciated! expect more mods from me in the future :slight_smile:

Edit:

• Added installation instructions
  • Changed download link to zip

v1.1.0

After feedback the mod gave too much skill points etc I have toned them down so as to make builds still require some thought.

• Changed mob density down from 6x > 5x .
  • Changed champion mob spawn density from 2.5x > 3.5x .
  • Changed devotion cap to 75 down from 295. You still get 5 points per shrine to expedite build creation.
  • Changed skill point acquisition. You now get 40 skill points on first level (2) from 2-10 you get 5 points per level, then after that you get 3 points per level from 11-100. (old version was 427 total points, new is 350 points total up from base game 248).
  • Fixed Experience ring custom item to now correctly show item tag and description.

Quality of life changes:

• Changed awkward delay between walking & channeling Eye of Reckoning, now the transition is seamless.
  • Healing & energy potion now stacks to 500 up from 100.

Link to v1.1.0 (this is a standalone version from v.1.0.0 giving you the choice of two options)

https://mega.nz/file/lEQnHIgL#yRithUKZM_WTc56mBRC8qZTLRK4tTuq8myqRnmn5ws4

3 Likes

Looks like a lot of fun. Can’t wait to sink some time into it.

1 Like

Seems fun but how to actually install it and use it.

have updated to include install instructions sorry about that.

I| will try it right now. Thank you so much, totally will come back with a feedback thread.

Update. It does not work at all. No offence but with this link from mega is not giving me anything it works just like vanilla.

Thanks for this nice little mod. Its very easy to make new characters and love the extra shrine points. Works just fine for me and so far no crashes. Thanks again.

Hmm strange, are you sure you clicked “download as zip” on mega? it’s my first time uploading there so I may have done it wrong. I recreated the install by following my instructions and it worked for me just fine, did you make sure to change the game mode to custom game and select the mod?

Edit: try again now, I fixed the download link to a direct .zip instead of that weird directory listing earlier, was first time ever uploading a file so was learning experience. Let me know how you get on

With the first link I had it used to only give me 3 Points when I leveled up and the second updated link does nothing special. It is a possibility that not all files were uploaded on mega.

Update : Everything works as intended with the new link.

I can say that after a few hours of playing on this mod it has become my favourite up untill now. Everything is so finely tuned that it just feels right. Thank you for your hard work on this mod and for actually trying to help me.

nice to see a more simplistic mod, looking forward to trying some potentially overpowered builds.

Sounds nice…unfortunately mega.nz just doesn´t work for me. I just get to the site loading and that´s it.

hi your mod look amazing and i really look forward to try it out. But i have a question: do anybody know if its possible to mix up two mods together?
I’d like to play with your mod and grim dawn reborn [MOD] Grim Dawn Reborn

You’d have to merge them into a completely new mod.

and i think it will require some tweaks to make it works? i have 0 xp in modding x)

All the tools are available ingame and there are plenty of guides and tutorials on modding here