[Mod] Central GD-Zenith Thread

is this DAIL or Zenith or NCFF

My Terror/Soldier had different gear that caused it. One was a doombolt proc, a contagion proc. My friend with the same class had fire and bleed procs that effected him. Devotions, I have assassins blade that effects me.

My cenobite/defense has a celestial power on the fire aura that causes bleed. That procs onto my teammates. I also believe the messenger of war proc is hitting him.

It’s almost like everyone is in a PvP state even though we are grouped. I’ll ask my friends if they know exactly which devotions, procs, or celestial powers are negatively impacting them

Seems like its the vanilla GD problem.

i have found something like this as well i have doom bolt its 5% chance on attack but when i activate pierce aura it hits all my minions and my little bro as well kills them all instantly.

Nothing in Zenith should directly harm other players (a single player may be harmed by Terror Knight’s self-lifedrain), nor does it modify gear/devotions/procs (yet).

Yeah, isn’t this the same bug that’s been in the game for months where some auras like Piercing Aura seem to hurt other players in multiplayer?

First post updated with some lore and another preview of Zenith’s world!

Previous first-post content:

[spoiler]And Alpha v0.2 is here!

Try out the Outrider - Zenith’s dedicated ranged mastery -, and confront your enemies with unrelenting ranged superiority. Featuring more projectiles than you thought possible!

The Outrider is one of my prouder creations in terms of Grim Dawn content, topping off at approximately 50 hours of work…I’m glad it’s done.

Also part of Alpha v0.2:

• Many skill tooltips that weren’t especially informative now provide additional information. They might be a little wordy, but it’s better than the nothingness they provided from before.
  • Both the Elementalist and Terror Knight have undergone a slight balancing pass. Terror Knight especially. There are likely still things to be done, but Terror Knight should no longer feel completely over-the-top broken in some respects.
  • For those of you into datamining (e.g., opening a text file), you can get a sneak peek at three lore entries for Zenith with zero context whatsoever.

Next time, for Alpha v0.3…the Champion mastery![/spoiler]

Very nice lore. Also great foreshadowing for the story of your mod. :cool:

Not sure if this has been fixed/reported yet or not (using DAIL) - but “Ice Surge” in the elementalism tree is missing a tooltip that it requires a 1-handed weapon. Tried to use it with a staff from Asylum101’s mod but it wouldn’t work until I equipped a 1-hander. :cry:

Also cool lore! I’m looking forward to new areas!

Edit: Thanks for the explanation on elemental conversion :slight_smile:

Ice Surge has no weapon requirements.

Well I don’t know, it doesn’t work with the staff equipped. But as soon as I switched to 1h it worked.

Here I’m trying it on a mutated zombie with staff equipped (using RMB), but nothing happens.

I thought the Terror Knight was supposed to be all about cursing and debuffing enemies, however there is little to no cursing or debuffing going on?

Conquer, Well/Swarm of Fears, Blood Siphon?

They appear to be more damage skills with very very minor debuffing (smallish chance of fear) unless they’ve been changed?

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I suppose its a matter of opinion. I consider a buff that deals damage over time (not necessarily a DoT like Burn, but, say, Fire damage for X seconds) to be a debuff, i.e. Blood Siphon. Swarm of Fears has significant Total Resist Reduction. There’s Terrifies and Slows scattered throughout the mastery. The idea behind Terror Knight wasn’t to enable it as a pure caster - despite the massive CDR available with Entropic Reign - but to allow for casted skills to augment a combative playstyle by empowering you or weakening opponents. When it comes down to it, how many debuffs does the Occultist have? Two (CoF + BP)? And one of them is a damage debuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course you can make a caster out of the mastery if you’d like; combine it with the Elementalist, or - later - the Riftstalker or Necrotic and you can probably get away with a lot of debuff/casting action.

\Zenith\source\Text_EN	ags_skills.txt (1 hit)
	Line 165: tagClss02SkillName12B=Fire Pillar

Class

Hasn’t this been brought up before? I fixed that a while ago.

i must have re broken it with the last update ;o

ill check your files next time i merge

From the DAIL thread:

Agree and disagree. Terrify is a very potent tool for taking on larger packs of mobs that may otherwise overwhelm you. But I am also certainly aware of the issue you describe. The intent is both thematic and defensive…

…buuuuuuut, ultimately, I believe you may be right. I’ll leave the Terrify Retaliation, I think, as that suffices as a defensive aspect of the crowd control. But I think I’ll change the on-attack Terrify to a Slow instead, which should help make sure your enemies can’t get away from you, no matter how scared they are. :slight_smile:

It will only proc on skills with % Weapon Damage (I haven’t tested the Fangshi, but only a couple of Terror Knight’s skills do have %WD).

Did you figure out why ice surge didn’t work with staves equipped from GQ?

I have mixed feeling about the Terrify.

First, I HATE it on Melee but having tiny amount like .5 Terrify is really good as all it does is disrupt or ‘scare’ them slightly to make em flinch not run for the hills for 2 seconds then come running back. I never notice the Terrify proc…ever

Look at the Ranger - has a passive attack that causes Disruption/Terrify and Phys to stun. Basically you shoot a mob and it does what the descriptions pretty much states “enemy panics doesnt know what to do” or something - they are almost frozen as you just smash bullets into them.

Also FYI Fangshi Soulcalibur skill life steals for you, its the only ‘pet’ that leechs for you that I know of and TK’s Leech and other things make you VERY hard to kill even reflecting the damage back as you have 4 Swords+you and TK allows Soulcalibur to be up 100% of the time whereas standard cooldown is 15 seconds and scales ridiculously well with a 2handed weapon, also this character has achieved something like ‘390271 Damage Dealt’ at lvl 80…

If Terrify becomes a problem you can just replace it with confusion.

Thanks for the answer ceno. I think the terrify effect is a nice addition to the mastery but as some skills are for two-handed-melee only, running after mobs can be really annoying. It’s possible to compare it to D3 classic echoing fury, which was annoying as hell.
I would suggest you either make the effect last only for a very short time on both, retaliation and hit, or add a snare/heavy slow to it, so it’s more like a stun.
I’ve also noticed that retaliation or the on hit works like AOE, because when it procs 5-15 enemies are running away from me :frowning: