[MOD] Diablo 3 Classes: Patch 5.1 Released

Nice work @Grimer! Keep it coming.

A side note: The Skeletal Archer node (D3 Necromancer) - Is it possible to have the pierce damage changed to vitality?
I think doing this would enable it to fit in with other pet-base builds, as little conversion exists for cold-to-vitality OR pierce-to-vitality without significantly gimping pet stats.
Also, could you explain the ‘enforcer’ stat on Skeletal Archer, please.

Aside, the Rathma set could do with a few more resistances for pets, pierce being one as hard to cap this.

Some examples:
Cold Build (not a problem): Beastmaster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (Diablo 3 Classes Mod)

Vitality build (Problematic): Lord of Undead, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (Diablo 3 Classes Mod)

Your thoughts on this.

it does the same thing as Command Skeletons, spawn 2 skellies per cast, instead of just one.

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll take a look.

Thank you for this amazing mod! I have a few suggestions:

1. Can you increase the duration of Archon by 10s for the “Vyr’s Amazing Arcana” set ? A small quality of life update.
  2. New item that support “Ray of Frost” (100% chance to pass through enemies) and “Rune of Kalastor” (Fire + Cold) or Cold “Aura of Censure” would be cool.
    Edit: Also the combination of “Black hole” and “Rune of kalastor” would be great too.

Not mechanically possible. Vyr’s Archon, yes sure. Kalastor I’ll see what I can do.

2 Likes

Wrath of the Wastes and Raiment of the Jade Harvester sets: Visual rework.

8 Likes

Hi @Grimer ,

Some random food for thought:
The Storm mastery (Grimarillion) has the skill “Thunderball” with one of the modifiers “Thunder Scourge”, which allows the lightning to fork to multiple nearby enemies in a single cast. This makes the skill look/feel amazing (is a personal favorite).

So I’m wondering, the Wizard skill “Electrocute” - perhaps replace the “chain Lightning” modifier with “Thunder Scourge”, forking after hitting the first enemy. This would help the skill feel alive & engaging. Perhaps as a 2nd modifier, add something like a Primal Strike effect, with lightning bolts coming down from the heavens to strike & stun enemies!
To me, the Electrocute skill currently feels underwhelming, requiring significant investment to extract moderate/poor endgame performance. Switching to the “Seal of Skies” component, is more worthwhile.

Just in general, the Electrocute skill, considered a signature skill in D3, needs something to make it’s investment worth while, especially some stats/augments/prefix/suffixes would help also.

3 Likes

Excuse me, where can I download this patch?

(WIP) = not available yet

Forking only works when it comes out from you, not from skills, like Torrent from Primal Strike. I don’t see how this or the ‘lightning bolts’ will help the skill itself, it would be just for good looking, in the end, it’s all about damage numbers.

1 Like

@Grimer ,

Theatricals’s play a reasonable part in the enjoyment of a skill (along side massive damage numbers).
It just feels Electrocute needs something to spice it up.

Below is Thunder Scourge arching from the initial hit target to other nearby enemies, not forking from the players character.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know it would work, just presumed it wouldn’t, good for Thunder Scourge, not for Electrocute. Electrocute has item transmuters, acid, aether, vitality…It ruins the immersion to have a Vitality Red-Colored Electrocute, while one of its modifiers is still proc’ing blue chains and dealing lightning damage. That’s why Blessed Hammer gained many item-modifiers that change its vfx colors, but only after I removed the ‘fire path’ it used to proc from its Burning Wrath modifier. That’s it.

2 Likes

Hydras, Golems and Clones:

Command Golem will receive a visual rework, I decided to use the Flesh Hulk model after @RalfDenner suggested to change it. Also, improvements to skills vfx, like Bone Tornado.

bonegolem

Blood Golem and Ice Golem preview

ice_golem

blood_golem

Frost Hydra will have a proper ice breath vfx and all Hydras can apply “Elemental Exposure” (Lightning Hydra → -25% Lightning Res e.g). With this change, Fire Hydra will be able to stack damage per hit just like in older patches.

hydra

Elemental Exposure's Fire and Lightning vfx - Preview

firehydra

lightninghydra

Mirror Image is getting a complete purple-themed new look. They will cast the new version of Meteor on next patch. Some item-modifiers for it are on the way as well.

mirror

9 Likes

Great Work Dude!

1 Like

Awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi DendiDondo,

Is this the sort of Black Hole/Rune of Kalastor build you’re after?

1 Like

Yeah I’m currently using almost the same build as you but with a little different (Cataclysm set). It works really well and is fun to play (I love Black Hole and Rune interaction). This is my full build: Truenamer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (Diablo 3 Classes Mod)

I fought Diablo, the Prime Evil, for the first time in about a year or so, and whatever changes you brought to it, I hate it. I can tolerate most things, but the constant Nullification has got to stop. Especially when it can combine a long-lasting trap with Nullification to kill you before you can put your buffs back on.

I got to around the 3rd(?) phase where it was around 50% or so (where it says “how do your loved ones feel when you fail them” or something like that), and then the Nullifcation spam + traps became too much. Playing this as a Diviner’s Set Necromancer in SR75.

If you’re playing Grimarillion, those are changes I made, not Grimer (or okami). No one ever gave feedback after I made the changes so, I never adjusted them since.

I’ll look at it tonight and make some tweaks, I might have missed something resulting in way too much nullifications, but he has always been able to trap/nullify you, even before I adjusted him.

The third form (the red form after the blue/black one) has a ‘grab’ skill (nullify and trap) which should only be used if he has trapped you with a cage and is in melee range, I don’t remember if I got it working properly. It was meant to be a thematic thing since that is how he works in Diablo 3.

Wave of Force - VFX Rework:

original

Scepter of Chiroptera

chiroptera

Rimeheart

rimeheart!

Stormshield

Stormshield

Monster Infrequents

D3 Modifiers will be added to vanilla MIs, so the leveling experience can be more fun.

Preview:

Korvan Casque

Korvan

Ronaprax Sting

Ronaprax

Chosen Mask

Chosen

6 Likes

I know you hate the question, but bloody hell you have already teased so many cool new things, sooo… when si this coming? :slight_smile: