[Mod] Grim Armory

Do you intend to add cuatom textures ?

Not really, because I have no artistic talent whatsoever.

For that reason I try to choose existing items that are close-enough to looking compatible/relevant to the set itself.

1 Like

download

0 artistic talent , and a disaster when i match colors :rofl:

1 Like

More than a year later, this mod is being updated…again!

The third set, Twisted Adornments, joins the fray, slicing apart enemies and grappling foes with Chaotic energies!

Download link in the first post contains the latest version of the mod.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Coinciding with the release of Grim Dawn Version 1.2, and being almost exactly 2 years from the last update to this mod, this mod has been MASSIVELY updated and has been rebranded! Please see the first post for more information.

5 Likes

Hotfix 1 has been released. This hotfix resolves an issue which prevented potion skills, such as Tonic of Clarity, etc., introduced in Ashes of Malmouth from being used properly.

The download links in the first post are up to date.

1 Like

Hotfix 2 has been released. This hotfix addresses a couple inconsistencies that had cropped up between testing versions of the mod as well as adjusting something from 15% to 33%.

Note, for those of you that enjoy digging around through source files, the next set(s) are somewhat visible in this Hotfix. There is currently no way of obtaining them, however, and they are largely statless/without custom artwork/effects. But if you want to spoil yourselves, some of them are in there.

1 Like

Grim Armory Version 1.1 has released, bringing with it a brand new set!

Additions:

• Added the Felsic Flow set, inspired by - and referencing - one of Grim Dawn’s most prominent players! Summon the powerful Obsidian Defiler known as Ma’s’Ka to shield you in battle and crush your foes!
Ma's'Ka in action!

Bugfixes:

• Fixed many, many issues involving something that totally, definitely has nothing to do with the Steps of Torment.
  • Fixed Moneybags Martin’s boss marker not appearing at proper ranges.
  • Tidied up internal files. Again.
4 Likes

Grim Armory Version 1.2 has released, bringing with it a brand new set, 6 “Variant” items (see below), and 1 Original Legendary item, as well as some community-requested features to make certain Augury Cards not-so-obnoxiously frequent!

Additions:

• Added the Soldier of Fortune set! This is a Pierce Primal Strike/Flashbang/Ring of Steel set with some fun tricks up its sleeves to control the battlefield!
  • Added the ability for Inusat to craft ‘Variant’ items which are vanilla GD items with a unique variation on their functionality/damage type support. Crafting a Variant item only requires having the original item (of its highest level) in your inventory; for instance, one can craft the Variant Leviathan, which supports Cold Damage instead of Physical Damage, by offering up a Mythical Leviathan to Inusat. Crafting Variant items is IRREVERSIBLE and does NOT preserve crafting bonuses.
  • Added 6 Variant Items to Inusat’s blacksmith toolkit:
Example Variant Item

• Added one standalone, original Legendary item. One can find it where the heavier forces of the Aetherial Vanguard patrol.

Bugfixes:

• Significantly reduced drop chance of Vampire Augury cards from base enemies and heroes. Sources from bosses are unaffected. {Source: player feedback}
  • Significantly reduced drop chance of Unstoppable Augury cards, from 40% to 10%. {Source: player feedback}
  • Fixed issue where the Felsic set was not granting its +skills bonus at 3/4 set pieces as was originally intended.

4 Likes

Why are there two database .arz? Obviously the one with a different name than the directory is invalid, so how can I make it work?

They are both valid. They’re both there because I had merged Augury with (what used to be) the “Protosets” mod.

I am unsure if removing Augur.arz will break anything or not.

As far as I know, the Augur.arz content is not touched at all when the game loads unless it is merged with GrimArmory.arz.

Other than this one item, I don’t see any difference from the original game.

1 Like

Pesky Asset Manager only performing its check of unassociated files once per session!

And yes, I confirmed that Augur.arz is no longer necessary, thank you for pointing that out!

Both download links in the first post are updated with the fixes to the above.

Version 1.2 Hotfix 1:

This Hotfix contains a few fixes and optimizations identified by using the tools available in the Grim Dawn Modding Suite.

Bugfixes:

• Fixed issue in which the Soldier of Fortune helmet could not be obtained without transmuting the setpieces. It can now be crafted as intended via Inusat.
  • Fixed issue in which The Pauper card could sometimes craft nothing.
  • Fixed issue in which The Antagonist card could not craft Aetherial and Aetherial Vanguard Warrants.

Internal

• Shrunk mod source size significantly, reducing the extracted data size on disk from 55MB to ~36MB.
2 Likes

Grim Armory Version 1.3

Additions

• Purity of Being - An unarmed Warder/Archon/Warlord set that breaks all the rules! Focusing on Counter Strike, Upheaval, and Ascension, players will need to figure out a way to maximize their offensive power without access to weaponry or core attributes (Physique/Cunning/Spirit)! But the rewards are well worth it, as the set raises the Attack Speed cap to 300% and the Movement Speed cap to 170%. Get your monk game on! :facepunch:

Internal

• Further cleaned up mod files, removing lots of extraneous data.
  • Prep work for future content.
2 Likes

Ever since Retaliation added to Attack was a thing, I’ve dreamed of a build where the enemy slaps me and Doom Bolt comes down from the heavens, smiting the enemy. I don’t think Doom Bolt can be turned into a passive skill like Counter Strike, but it has given me an idea of adding a Occultist / Demo / Shaman Fire Retaliation Set that adds RATA to Doom Bolt and gives good bonuses to Grenado. It should probably be a 2H weapon set as you can convert 50% Physical damage to Fire using it (and make use of Physical Retaliation items like Ring of Sethris), while making sure it’s not obsoleted by Blazerush. Shame that Stormcaller’s Pact converts 15% Physical to Lightning, cause I want to see big Crits with this thing.

Some modifiers would be like this:
Amulet: 10% Physical Damage converted to Fire
+2 to Doom Bolt
+2 to Temper
+1 to all Skills in Demolitionist
100% Vitality / Chaos damage converted to Fire to Doom Bolt

Weapon:
50% Physical Damage Converted to Fire
+4 to Stormcaller’s Pact
+4 to Ulzuin’s Chosen
+4 to Doom Bolt
1200 Physical Retaliation to Stormcaller’s Pact

Head:
+2 to Aspect of the Guardian
+2 to Shattering Blast
+1 to all Skills in Shaman

2pc Bonus:
120% Fire Damage
120% Burn Damage
120% Fire Retaliation

3pc Bonus:
120 OA
1840 Fire Retaliation
+3 to Shattering Blast

4pc Bouns:
+3 to Aspect of the Guardian
+3 to Oak Skin

100% Acid Damage converted to Fire to Blood of Dreeg
28% Retaliation Added to Attack to Doom Bolt

This is an initial doodle, but I hope you get what kind of idea I’m promoting here. It’d be really cool to see this sort of concept made into a set!

1 Like

I have given this some thought.

Stay tuned for the next release!

There may be existing vanilla items that might mesh with your idea nicely…

Grim Armory Version 1.4

This is an earlier release than was originally intended due to the discovery of two fairly critical bugs in the mod. (See below). It includes a brand new set craftable via Augury cards, but may itself be a bit rough around the edges due to the importance of getting the bugfixes out. It is not impossible that the new set may see some slight additions/alterations in an upcoming hotfix.

Additions

• Added the Mediocrity’s Vengeance set - a Fire RATA set that provides bonuses to Doom Bolt and Callidor’s Tempest with assorted support for Demoltionist skills as well.

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue in which The Fool Augury cards could not drop.
  • Fixed an issue in which the Purity of Being set could not be crafted.

Internal

• Further cleaned up mod files, removing lots of extraneous data.
  • Prep work for future content.

I cant seem to summon inusat, he just keeps exploding in gore on me.

edit - had to restart game and he was able to be summoned.

I don’t quite understand, parts of the sets just drops from mobs or do you need to forge something at the blacksmith for this? Thanks!