[Mod] Nydiamar

Planned New Location – [b]Nehada Desert Ruins[/b]

A new environment coming with Update 7. Continues where the current end of Nydiamar is.

Some pictures
Click on each picture for a higher resolution

[b][u]Nehada Desert Ruins

[/u][/b]

Planned changes to current content (so far)

[ul][li]Changed ‘Shard Quest’ – Quest will be initiated by picking up the first shard; Quest progress will update only when all segments are found; No NPC-interaction required to complete the quest (well, besides the lever).[/li]
[li]Environmental improvements – as in Music; Sounds; Weather.[/li]
[li]Dialog & Text rewriting and improvements – Renaming of many NPCs (Lana …); Rewriting of Lectern of Wisdom dialog, to make it less confusing; Adding more dialog to the Point of Interests.[/li]
[li]New NPCs and Point of Interests.[/li]
[li]Changes to enemy encounters / placements – Relocating and removing many encounters, for example Alkamos; Making encounters less chaotic; Making difficult encounters more spread out.[/li]
[li]Balancing loot from chests and adding new ones to the world.[/li]
[li]Perhaps a story to go with.[/li]
[/ul]

Previous Location – Snowy Landscape.

I thought I should drop by and say something about the current state of my mod, since nothing happened here for a long time at all (well, more like just a few weeks).

Turns out most areas are taking more time than I thought, heh … but still, I’m working on it and making decent progress recently.

The next update brings another new challenge dungeon. This one took most of my time, you may guess why if you get around to play it someday.

A New Challenge Dungeon (No name yet)
As always, click on each picture for a higher resolution

The Snowy Landscape is done by now too. I planned to open up the ruins shown in the upper part of the picture below, but cut it since it would’ve been too much work on top of everything else. I may do it for a future update.

Snowy Landscape Ruins

There will be two Transition areas - and eventually a third one, leading up to the final fight, may follow in a future update. You probably will hate it, but I love the atmosphere. :slight_smile:

???

Right now, I’m finishing up the last two areas you will visit. The layout is done, so all I need to do is adding details to the areas. The second area called Ashes or something will be pretty huge compared to everything I have done so far, especially if you consider the first area a part of it (So overall, let’s call them together Otherworldly Areas). Huge enough, so you will be able to unlock a shortcut in the second area, to be able to skip the first one in future playthroughs. You can make the final battle in Ashes more challenging and rewarding by interacting with two lecterns scattered around the area. The extra challenge will be randomised. You will encounter random traps and one new enemy type in the second area, too.

First Area (No name yet)

Ashes

I don’t think I will do another post about an upcoming location. My next major post will be the update itself. Probably in one or two months.

[b][SIZE=“4”]Previous New Location Posts

Nehada Desert Ruins

Snowy Landscape

The Hawton Mine[/SIZE][/b]

looks great! take our time. no need to hurry :slight_smile:

dude thats lit as fuck! :smiley:

Ignore this post, please.

Thank you very much.

Update 7: Doubling the Content

“Wanna gamble? …”

7+ New Locations

New Location – Hawton Mine (Challenging)

Acquire the Office Key and eliminate the Boss. You will claim your rewards above the Idyllic Waterfall.

The key spawns at a random location inside the mine. Includes a small challenging side area where you can let your anger against wasps out by decimating their populations.

Hawton Mine

Above the Idyllic Waterfall

New Location – An Ice Cave (Challenging)

It’s cold down there.

You will constantly receive damage, and therefore won’t heal up automatically. Find heat sources to warm yourself up.

An Ice Cave

New Location – Odul Aela’s Dungeon (Challenging)

You will gamble the outcome. Pay an entrance fee, choose how many rooms you want to take on, and hope you won’t receive the worst outcome and end up with the Most Pathetic Chest.

Several different outcomes, varying from chests and ambushes to NPCs and eventually a goat. Currency used are Aether Crystals - you will drop them regularly from nearly all chests. You can exchange other materials for them as well. Still a Work In Progress, since I could not test all 50+ different ambushes.

Entrance

Room II

Room IV

New Location – Ancient Ruins (Inner Part)

The continuation of the Nehada Desert.

Ancient Ruins

Keep going.

New Location – Transition

Foggy. Atmospheric. Disorientating. Annoying.

To make up for this, the second part is linear.

Transition Part I

Transition Part II

New Location – Snowy Landscape

An idyllic snowy landscape.

Tip: The amount of undead ascending from earth at the crater is indeed near endless.

Snowy Landscape

Depraved Ruins

New Location – Above the Waste

A twisty area leading to the Ashes.

Above the Waste

New Location – Ashes (Challenging)

The largest area in Nydiamar so far. You will encounter one new enemy type there.

Possibility to increase the difficulty of the final fight, which grants an additional reward. You may unlock a shortcut leading to the Ashes temporarily for the session or permanently by completing a specific quest. I really tried to make the huge area as interesting as possible.

Ashes

Final

New Enemy Type – Chthonic Crystals

Multiple variations – Three different sizes, as well as two splitting crystals.

Five different skills, including summoning multiple chthonic traps around it and spawning an ambush on death.

I have completely reworked the previous content. Only a few things are left as they were. Overall, it should now be a much more enjoyable and polished experience.

Noteworthy changes to the world

• Changed ‘Shard Quest’ – Quest will be initiated by picking up the first shard; Quest progress will update only when all segments are found; No NPC-interaction required to complete the quest.
  • ‘Balanced’ the fun items – The Rusty Knife increases experience gain by 250%; The Bomber requires expensive special ammunition to not annihilate the holder (don’t exploit this!); I’m Attractive makes you extremely squishy, but attractive; Illuminated Hat does what it does; Sword In Stone got tuned down; Removed Don’t Touch Me, Smelly Pants (You can still sniff the filthy peasant) and Flashy Shoes.
  • Denial Play-Through – You may now access the Redemption Hub when you are higher than level 85 for a high fee, but you won’t be able to receive iron bits from the Lectern of Wisdom anymore, so you might actually save your iron bits to be able to buy anything there.
  • Added new level rewards to the Lectern of Wisdom – Besides some new higher level rewards, all Talismans (Relics) have been added as rewards.
  • Balancing of existing quests, including the Lectern of Questing.
  • Environmental improvements – as in Music; Sounds; Weather; Expanded the Yamuna Forest a bit; Changes to the Graveyard and Entrance to the Catacombs.
  • Dialog & Text rewriting and improvements – Renaming of many NPCs; Rewriting of nearly all dialogs and quests, leading to less cringe and better readability.
  • A new NPC added to Edge of Eternity. Pet it.
  • Changes to enemy encounters / placements – Relocating and removing many encounters, for example Alkamos; Making encounters less chaotic and drastic; Reduced the difficulty of the first area.
  • Chests – Balancing loot from chests and adding many new ones to the world (~10-15 new variations; an example: jewelery boxes); Hidden One-Shot chests added (currently 11).
  • New Quest – a small new quest given by the Woman at a Campfire, now named Yosefine (will reward Mistborn Talisman, since you could not acquire it till now).
  • Quite a lot of other changes and fixes

Finally getting this out. Bugs expected. Feedback appreciated.

Enjoy~

DOWNLOAD (Size: 385 MB) (Patch 1 included)

PATCH 1 NOTES

MY GOD MY GOD what do we have here?!?!11111oneoneone :smiley: ok now chill out, breath deep :smiley: HOLY COW hype as hell :smiley: man i was looking every two days for any news :smiley: nice <3 :smiley: I am truly amazed and thankful for Your job and work You put into this :slight_smile: now i am going to trigger-download it NAO! <3

what do we have here? this mod is looking much much better than Shattered Realm already:cool:

in fact might put it to shame haha

So, did someone manage to play till the end so far? It’s a little demotivating to get so few replies, since I invest so much additional no-fun time to play test everything (apparently not enough, heh) for release, and then don’t even know if people actually play till the end.
I don’t want to fish for replies or anything, but it does bother me a little bit … oh well, I guess the community is just that small or not interested in that type of mod that mine is?

Nonetheless, I guess I will start working on it again when the next expansion with all those precious new assets to work with drops, so if you are interested in Nydiamar, stay tuned till then. Already got some great ideas.

But for now, here’s patch #1.

Update 7: Doubling the Content

PATCH 1

Odul Aela’s Dungeon

• Drastically increased the difficulty of most non-boss encounters. Still needs some further adjustments.
  • Added more materials to exchange for aether crystals.
  • Receiving the same outcome in Room IV & V should no longer be the norm.

Chthonic Crytals

• Reduced their life.
  • Increased their potential damage output (from nearly nothing).
  • You can no longer confuse them. (Other effects hopefully won’t break them any longer too.)
  • Chaos waves will now reduce your elemental resistances.
  • Crystals will now cast chaos vortices. Higher types will cast multiple ones at once to keep you moving.

Overall, they are now a lot more dangerous.

Changed up the final event.

• It should now be more chaotic and interesting, as well as more challenging. As a final should be.
  • After dying and reentering the final event area, the gates will now close properly.
  • Fixed the rift zone in Ancient Ruins – your personal rift should now appear on the map in there too.
  • You will now receive a so called ‘level token’ which you can’t get rid of (seriously, you can’t) after accepting a reward from the Lectern of Wisdom. This token prevents you from taking the same reward on a different difficulty again. A Quality of Life change since you no longer need to remember which reward you took last after switching difficulties.
  • You now need to play on higher difficulties to be able to accept higher tiers of quests given by the Lectern of Questing – now you won’t be able to easily get to level 100 by playing only on Normal. I’m currently considering a level cap for enemies on Normal (55) and Elite (75) to further prevent people from farming lower difficulties.
  • Rebalanced several level rewards. Devotion points are more spread out, equipment rewards got reduced since you already get plenty enough from playing.
  • Rebalanced all rewards from quests.
  • Added more encounters to the first area, since there were a few parts where you did not encounter anything.
  • Increased enemy level of the Strange Well (and therefore the difficulty).
  • Some other minor fixes and changes.

Nothing to say here except …

… Enjoy~

DOWNLOAD (Size: 385 MB) (Patch 1 included)

(Patch) Installation: Delete the old folders ‘Nydiamar’ and ‘NydiamarMainCampaign’, then drop the new ones.

Please please do not think people are not interested.
Your mod and grillmarillion are the only reasons I keep playing this game.

would there be any way to incorporate yours and theirs together? I love the story and map extension, but also the additional classes in gril.

Tho i didn’t get a chace to play game with this mod it doesn’t mean that I am not interested in this mod. In near future i will have time for myself to have a little break so i can finally chillout playing GD with Nydiamar :wink: But i am wondering about making NEW char to start from lvl 1 and make all content again. Btw idea about caping monster levels is good idea coz going all normal till 100lvl is easy (and belive me i am lazy player who will do that on normal without effort and i do not want that to be there) so You better do that monster level cap coz this sounds more reliable and enjoyable :wink:

P.S: Don’t get this attitude about Your mod coz it only make You to abaddon this mod :confused:

I created an account here just to post a big THANK YOU for pouring in the hundreds of hours you obviously have into making this mod.

I’m a relatively new player to Grim Dawn (picked it up in Summer, haven’t even reached Ultimate / 100 on my main), and I’m having a blast starting a new character with your mod.

The maps are incredibly atmospheric and I especially loved how environments can be so different, from a misty road to a pitch black fort to a desert that reminds me of Titan Quest’s.

I’m loving the increased challenge; already died a couple of times using the headstart option and I only just reached level 20.

Another thing I appreciate is that you haven’t added new classes. I’ve only played two builds (Pet ritualist, retaliation warder) and still have the rest of base GD’s classes to try out. The one thing stopping me from trying other new mods is that they had new classes and change a lot of mechanics, and I start to feel overwhelmed.

Nydiamar is very new-player friendly, and that makes it fairly unique amongst the big mods, as far as I can tell.

Really enjoying it so far, and the experience is helping me pad out my blueprints on my main game main via a little GD Stash light cheating.

So I noticed that you posted about nobody really talking about your mod and was wondering if people are playing. I can’t speak for everyone, but I am definitely playing, and I’m assuming there are a bunch of people who are, too, but don’t have forum accounts. Looking forward to getting to the end of Nydiamar.

Thanks. I can’t see how many people download my mod through the mega.nz link, so, as CedricFP said, I’m just wondering if people are playing since there is no other indication than the Nexus page and comments posted here. I would guess that most people playing Grim Dawn don’t even know that mods exists, so I’m not even mad. My mod is not that easy to find, either.

Unfortunately, this would not be possible, since Grimarillion is a mod compilation that changes the main campaign a lot and not just adds classes. But I will look into the separate class mods and may message the other authors before releasing the next update to see what can be done. If I should incorporate them, then as a separate version of my mod.

Take your time. :slight_smile: I won’t stop working on it, that’s for sure.

The level cap is currently something so obviously that is missing that I may even patch it instead of waiting for the next update.

I really appreciate to hear that! I will keep that ‘new-player friendliness’ in mind when working on future stuff. Maybe because even I am not that experienced after all - I haven’t reached level 100 on my main either, heh.

After all, I’m just running out of ideas to improve what’s currently there, and the expansion which adds new assets and changes up everything holds me back starting working on new environments right now.
The problem I have is catching bugs and odd things. For example the crystals I added last update - you could completely break them by confusing them through the Flashbang skill. I only found out about this by accident. So, again, if you catch something odd, report that back. I’m mostly working after the Trial & Error principle, which happens to let quite a lot of bugs slip through. That’s why I would like to hear a little bit from people who did play through.

But, to not leave the impression that I might abandon my mod, here are some current ideas and plans I have for now:

• Level cap for enemies on each difficulty.
  • The way you currently gain Devotion points through the level rewards is a bit boring, so I’m considering this as a more interesting way to gain them:
    Since the world currently is too small to put all the shrines in there, I might create a new arena where you can spawn the devotion shrines from the main campaign. The shrines are locked behind milestones you have to reach first, for example reaching the Nehada Desert on Elite unlocks the next 3 shrines to take on. You need to complete the previous spawned shrines first to be able to spawn the next set of shrines. Putting a min level for enemies on each difficulty ensures that the player won’t easily get all points, since he can’t play through Ultimate while being only level 50.

Alternatively, I may put some shrines into the world instead, with increased difficulty and Devotion points to gain from.

• When you get to level 35, you instantly unlock all factions with maximal reputation after taking your level reward. A bit boring too.
    So, again, I might add a new arena to level up each faction on your own. My current idea is that you choose the faction you want to receive reputation for and then proceed to complete the arena.

The arena is split into multiple connected rooms. Something like this (quickly done in Notepad):

R = Room with an ambush; B = Room with a random boss fight; C = Room with a chest.

After completing a room, a randomly chosen path leading to the next room opens up. You won’t end up in the same room twice, so you always somehow advance towards the end. The length of the current run depends on your luck.

The reputation quests are split into multiple tiers. The first only lets you get to the first boss fight and only rewards a small amount of reputation. The second one rewards more, but requires you to reach and complete the second boss fight.

The longer you need to go to complete the quest, the higher the risk that you may die and start over. Similar to Odul Aela’s Dungeon.

Eventually I may add some rooms with the same mechanic as the Elements part in the Strange Well - to spice it up.

The environment will be a desert (so I’m waiting here for the expansion once again), mixed with some other exotic biomes, again similar to Odul Aela’s Dungeon where the environment slightly changes the further you advance.

• Endgame. 4 new areas, which you can access through several randomly spawned rifts. Similar how the Ashen Waste works. The rift for the 1st area might spawn somewhere inside the Nehada Desert. The 2nd in the Snowy Landscape. The 3rd, I don’t know, probably in the Transition parts. The 4th and final one inside the Ashes.
    The 4th one requires keystones that you receive by completing the previous areas. The keystones will be difficulty locked. Since those areas are supposed to be endgame, you finally get to fight some of the harder bosses, probably those from the main campaigns challenge dungeons, like Alkamos.

The environments for those areas are going to be awesome, got some crazy ideas.

• New hidden challenge dungeon near the Entrance of the Catacombs, accompanied by a lengthy quest.

I probably will change quite a lot about my plans before getting through the list. If you have any great ideas, I may add them, just tell me.

Van Houck man! if i would live somewhere near You (or if i was rich guy then i would just fly there heh :P) i would put on a bottle of vodka or a keg of beer to drink for Your awesome work and creativity :wink:

Speaking of the next update, do you plan to make your mod ‘compatible’ in the sense that the campaign map included will also include the next update?

Right now I’m starting all my new chars in your mod because I’m just burnt out on the campaign, but will be transitioning them to campaign in ultimate to beat the game once, rather than have to go through the campaign 3 times.

Also, another campaign question: If I complete quests like the hidden path in campaign, they are going to reward me with a skill point. Are these additional skill points offered in Nydiamar in any fashion, or should I just play Hidden Path quest on 3 difficulties in campaign to attain those skill points for a character?

I really appreciate to hear that! I will keep that ‘new-player friendliness’ in mind when working on future stuff. Maybe because even I am not that experienced after all - I haven’t reached level 100 on my main either, heh.

I can’t understate how much this was a draw for me in picking your mod. It was this, and the entirely new maps of course <-- this was actually the biggest factor.

I love what you’ve done with the new maps. I recently played the fogged-up challenge dungeon in the Lowran Mine (I may have spelled that wrong), and the effect of killing ghosts in the fog is really, really cool, and so different from anything base GD offers.

With that said, the fogged up transition area with ghosts was maybe a little long and confusing :stuck_out_tongue:

After all, I’m just running out of ideas to improve what’s currently there, and the expansion which adds new assets and changes up everything holds me back starting working on new environments right now.
The problem I have is catching bugs and odd things. For example the crystals I added last update - you could completely break them by confusing them through the Flashbang skill. I only found out about this by accident. So, again, if you catch something odd, report that back. I’m mostly working after the Trial & Error principle, which happens to let quite a lot of bugs slip through. That’s why I would like to hear a little bit from people who did play through.

I understand bug testing isn’t really possible for just one person. The smoothness with which Nydiamar runs is already breathtaking.

I did encounter one issue yesterday, I was in Hortan Mine and unlocked the office door and killed Cronley. But then I went back out the office door that I entered, and wasn’t able to re-enter and therefore had to exit to main menu.

Is this a limitation of the way door locks work in GD?

[ul]
[li]The way you currently gain Devotion points through the level rewards is a bit boring, so I’m considering this as a more interesting way to gain them:[/li]
Since the world currently is too small to put all the shrines in there, I might create a new arena where you can spawn the devotion shrines from the main campaign. The shrines are locked behind milestones you have to reach first, for example reaching the Nehada Desert on Elite unlocks the next 3 shrines to take on. You need to complete the previous spawned shrines first to be able to spawn the next set of shrines. Putting a min level for enemies on each difficulty ensures that the player won’t easily get all points, since he can’t play through Ultimate while being only level 50.

Alternatively, I may put some shrines into the world instead, with increased difficulty and Devotion points to gain from.
[/ul]

I actually prefer the shrines method in the game world, rather than additional rogue dungeons. I think it would offer more variety to the game world itself, and when a shrine pops up on the minimap, it’s always nice in the campaign because you beeline straight for it for that devotion point.

In Nydiamar, the prospect of getting 2 or 3 devotion points when you see a shrine would make it even more exciting, and I think you can increase the difficulty proportionately, to even a point where sometimes you have to progress a little more before backtracking to get the shrine.

Making them a tough challenge is all good with me, I enjoy the steeper difficulty of Nydiamar so far (at level 50 now, not doing leveling quests, in the snow mountains).

[ul]
[li]When you get to level 35, you instantly unlock all factions with maximal reputation after taking your level reward. A bit boring too. [/li]
So, again, I might add a new arena to level up each faction on your own. My current idea is that you choose the faction you want to receive reputation for and then proceed to complete the arena.

The arena is split into multiple connected rooms. Something like this (quickly done in Notepad):

R = Room with an ambush; B = Room with a random boss fight; C = Room with a chest.

After completing a room, a randomly chosen path leading to the next room opens up. You won’t end up in the same room twice, so you always somehow advance towards the end. The length of the current run depends on your luck.

The reputation quests are split into multiple tiers. The first only lets you get to the first boss fight and only rewards a small amount of reputation. The second one rewards more, but requires you to reach and complete the second boss fight.

The longer you need to go to complete the quest, the higher the risk that you may die and start over. Similar to Odul Aela’s Dungeon.

Eventually I may add some rooms with the same mechanic as the Elements part in the Strange Well - to spice it up.

The environment will be a desert (so I’m waiting here for the expansion once again), mixed with some other exotic biomes, again similar to Odul Aela’s Dungeon where the environment slightly changes the further you advance.[/ul]

I like this idea as you’ve put it. Dungeons for faction rep makes sense to me, as in the game you gain it by killing and it takes a long time. Giving it to players at level 35 is a little OP, IMO, as faction gear can often be used for strong leveling builds, and farming rep was the gate for that in the main campaign.

[ul]
[li]Endgame. 4 new areas, which you can access through several randomly spawned rifts. Similar how the Ashen Waste works. The rift for the 1st area might spawn somewhere inside the Nehada Desert. The 2nd in the Snowy Landscape. The 3rd, I don’t know, probably in the Transition parts. The 4th and final one inside the Ashes.[/li]
The 4th one requires keystones that you receive by completing the previous areas. The keystones will be difficulty locked. Since those areas are supposed to be endgame, you finally get to fight some of the harder bosses, probably those from the main campaigns challenge dungeons, like Alkamos.

The environments for those areas are going to be awesome, got some crazy ideas.

[li]New hidden challenge dungeon near the Entrance of the Catacombs, accompanied by a lengthy quest.[/li]> [/ul]

I LOVE the idea of endgame areas and dungeons. I don’t have the crucible DLC and the idea of just playing in 1 dungeon over and over against waves of enemies is not super interesting to me.

I am so sick of the campaign map, so the idea of 4 brand new areas for end-game farming really sounds good to me.

I would like it if the spawn points for the rifts are maybe 1 of 4 places that aren’t too far apart. For the most part, for endgame, I think that making me run all over the Nehada map, for instance, would probably just annoy me a little, as the goal is end-game farming and not so much exploration or quest completion.

Once again, I wanted to thank you for the time you’ve put into this mod. As far as I’m aware, it’s one of the very few mods that offers brand new game maps, and in the quantity Nydiamar has. I still love the Nehada Desert, and often farm skellies there simply because it’s fun to just blow a bunch of them up. The maps are so detailed, I can only imagine the hundreds of hours you’ve put into crafting them.

If you don’t mind, I’d like to share a couple of things that have been on my mind playing Nydiamar:

1. For the crafting quests, I’m at tier 2 which means I get 2 blueprints. However, more often than not, I’m getting duplicates or blueprints I’ve already learned. Is the pool of blueprints that are rewarded really small?

I was hoping to do these quests constantly just to pad out my blueprints and hopefully get some good legendary blueprint drops at at least a greater frequency than the main campaign.

1. The forest outside the Outpost is a little difficult to navigate. I’m sure this was your intention, but my first time going through there was a little frustrating. This is just a personal thing and not a criticism, but offering a slightly clearer path may be good for players new to your mod, as the environment is already very interesting, especially with the crater (which was awesome, if I may say).

2. To be honest, I find myself imagining a stronger narrative thread. I understand it’s not meant for lore, but you’ve got these great locations and already have a few quests (the woman at the Outpost, for instance). Tying a bunch together as a stronger throughline from start to finish could be really cool. This is just something I was idly thinking about.

3. You mentioned about graphical settings so I think I should share my unique setup. I am playing on a 6" screen on the lowest possible settings at 720p using controller input (it’s a handheld computer called GPD Win 2), and I haven’t run into any problems or issues that I know of. I guess it’s just a data point you can add to how your maps run. Framerate is actually often better than the campaign (except for the tomb where I’m smashing vases, which was a bloody excellent idea to implement, btw).

4. Last one, and I really hope you can answer this because I’m tearing my hair out: Where the heck is the “Apt” shard? lol

And finally, I actually laughed out loud on the train when the bench killed me, so that was a good joke. Thanks. (I play GD on my commute to work using my portable handheld computer).

It should work without any changes made by me, since I only add my items, for example the shards, so they won’t get removed when switching the campaign. Everything, like the world map or enemies, is untouched and always up to date, since nothing gets overwritten.

I might add an option, similar to the current Head-Start, where you can start playing on Elite (while Normal will be locked) with all the stats you would have gained by playing through Normal first. This way you only need to play my mod once, and then can jump right into the main campaign on Ultimate, or continue to play through mine once again. Something like a pre-made character with low faction reputation and no allocated stats and some starting equipment.

How it’s currently done, playing through Nydiamar only yields you the rewards (through the level rewards) for the Hidden Path Quest (3 skill & attribute points for all difficulties). So you can skip this one. But, doing some simple maths, I pretty much missed 4 skill points you gain from other quests (looked up the wiki).

What I will do next when adding the enemy level cap is lock the rewards behind the difficulty. If you play through Normal in Nydiamar, you will have the same amount of additional skill & attribute points as well as Devotion points as you would have acquired if you had played the main campaign through Normal. Same goes for the other difficulties.

Love to hear that. That’s what I enjoy the most, creating some new interesting locations with some twists. Elements (also inside the Strange Well) and the Tomb are my personal favorites, since they offer something new instead of just being a new area.

No, that’s just something I did not think of. Looking at the script, the door should stay unlocked for the session. I will test this when I got time. In the worst case I will just lock the door permanently when the boss fight starts, so you can’t enter the mine again, or let you keep the key till you enter the reward area.

I think I might do it this way. Instead of the shrines I will put spheres (marked on the mini-map) into the world - so you can still find them on your own. If you come across them, you can pop them. Popping them adds them to something like a map room. Interacting with the newly added sphere there takes you to a themed small area with multiple shrines, lets say 2. The small area is themed as the location you have found the sphere in, so if you find a sphere in the Nehada Desert, the area will be desert themed; finding a sphere inside the Strange Well will have a catacombs themed area for the shrines.

The problem with putting the shrines directly into the world would be space and the possibility that the player discovers them, but doesn’t have the required materials with him, so he’s forced to replay for example the Strange Well only to complete the shrine, since he can’t use his personal rift in there. On top of it, he would need to remember all the requirements. Only putting the shrines inside areas you can use your personal rift would exclude a huge amount of potentially great locations for shrines.

I might add a hint for each rift to a NPC or something. So, depending on the location of the rift in the Snowy Landscape, the NPC at the camp offers different dialog. For example, the NPC spotted a mysterious rift near the crater or inside the Ice Cave, and will tell you that. For the Nehada Desert, there might be something like a pillar, casting a shadow towards the rift.

Running randomly around looking for the rift might indeed be annoying, so some guidance towards the rift will be present.

Oh, I thought you could not get any duplicated blueprints. I remember when they changed it, but apparently only for drops from monsters and chests. I think the Extremely Rare Unique Special Chest in Odul Aela’s Dungeon does always drop quite a few blueprints, so this is currently a way to get new blueprints - but it’s extremely rare. I will look into the duplicates, maybe spawn a chest or sphere in front of the Lectern of Questing instead of giving the rewards directly.

I agree. I once even put some enemies into the forest, that was awful to play through, heh. I could remove some trees near the path to make it more visible.

A story is something that I really want to add, but since English is not my native language, it’s quite hard to get it right. After I have added a few more locations, I might start working on it and see how it turns out, already got some ideas.

The graphical settings are more about the caves and ruins in the Nehada Desert than about performance. Basically, the Ancient Ruins is just an outside area (with the same lighting as the desert) with a few extremely large rocks up in the air casting a huge shadow over the whole area to simulate an inside area. This way there is no loading screen between the inside and the outside area (except the entrance) and some cool looking small outside transitions are made possible. The transition from the Lorshade Mine to the Flooded Mountain Woods is done differently, but I can’t remember how exactly I did it back then.

If you lower the settings too much, you won’t have any shadows. The requirements I have put up there are the absolute minimum to have these shadows. Without the shadows, that specific area would look really weird, I guess.

Right at the end of this post, you can find some pictures which show the locations of the shards. The Apt-Shard should be the one under the marked stone at the lonely tree on the far right side of the first picture (inside the Yamuna Forest). Quite a confusing description, but I hope it helps. And be ready to fight a nemesis if you want to complete the quest.

Who knows, maybe I’m already working on a boss fight including a bench, some chairs, and eventually some tables. But that would be weird.

Absolutely love all this new content and really imaginative ideas. Thank you!!

Playing through this now and I think it’s pretty cool, I like all of the unique stuff you’ve done.

I’m not exactly sure how you’re supposed to get through terrain damage hell in the well though. Is there something I’m missing there?

There are many patches where you won’t receive terrain damage (the normal floor). It’s like a path you need to follow to get through.
Every time you are on a non-damage tile, you heal up. So use your constitution wisely, and stock up on potions before you enter.

You can see the path in the first screenshot (inside spoiler) for the mid part of the area. If you want to get some additional rewards, you can take the risk and follow the blue path to the chests and then back again.

The damage you receive is fixed though, so getting up resistances won’t help. You lose exactly 30% of your life every tick, no matter what.
There are some small camps, as seen in the second screenshot, scattered around the intended path where you can get your constitution up again and eventually some additional potions.

Then there are enemies roaming, not quite many, but a few to make it more interesting. The enemies you need to look out for are the Skeletal Golems. They may trap you during … inconvenient times.

Basically, always look out for the non-damage tiles. If you get close to dying, just pop a potion and run further - this should get you through the more difficult parts.