[Mod] Nydiamar

If the tags are included in your source files (I don’t see why they wouldn’t be) then the translation files are all there waiting to be translated already.

I think the problem is with the Quest and Conversation Files. They can’t be edited through a text editor. The actual Localization Files are normally provided by Crate and not included in the source.

So there doesn’t seem to be a way to easily convert the Quest/Conversation Files to a simple text file that can be translated. Here is a way listed to do it manually, but there are 198 different Quest Files (mostly Bounties) and 96 Conversation Files to handle.

Then there is also this particular long and nested file, which would take a really long time.

As I already said, this would be an insane amount of work to even do the groundwork.

When I port over my environments to the main campaign, I probably will remove 95% of all Quest and Conversation Files, so might as well provide the text files then. But for Nydiamar it’s not possible, unfortunately — except if someone finds a way to convert them all through a script or something.

But I really need to do translation work. The current English interface makes many players feel uncomfortable. I will try to transplant the skills to the main line, which will solve some of the problems!

Hey, is anyone having problems with the shrines? When i click on them, nothing happens. :confused:

They are unfortunately not working since the latest hotfix. They were changed to SetPieces (so they can spawn randomly), and now they need to be grouped to actual work.

I will release a patch in the next few days to fix them.

1 Like

Patch 4

New Secret Location — Crate

Accompanied by a short quest, which rewards a Skill Point. You can access the location somewhere after the Snowy Landscape.

Level 100 play-through

You can later on craft a Merit Token that unlocks this specific play-through.

In this play-through you start out with:

Level 100 or 80
55 Devotion Points
50 000 000 Iron Bits
4 Attribute and Skill Points
All Factions fully unlocked
All Riftgates on Normal and Elite unlocked
As many Loot-Spheres (Blueprints) you want
Access to all relevant Uniques

Everything else stays the same.

The blueprint for the token can either be acquired by completing multiple requirements or by completing the “Shard of Nebulbeth”-Quest. You can not acquire it on difficulties lower than Ultimate.

The requirements are:

• Reach Level 100
  • Complete the Hawton Mine
  • Complete the Strange Well
  • Complete the Tomb
  • Complete the Sanctuary
  • Complete Odul Aela’s Dungeon
  • Complete the Ice Cave
  • Reach the third zone of Part III of Siegmar’s Challenge (Faction Arena)

You get the unlock instructions after completing Ultimate once.

The Merit Token is quite expensive. Crafting it costs you 1 000 000 Iron Bits and other expensive materials. This is due to not devaluing the also expensive access to the Underground Fortress (Extension). But it does have unlimited uses, so you only have to craft it once. You could also just cheat.

Other Changes

• Monster Totems are now working again
  • Added more Monster Totems to the world
  • Some spawn locations of Monster Totems are now random
  • Part I of Siegmar’s Challenge (Faction Arena) now only has one boss to fight instead of two
  • Adventurous Cavern (Devotion Dungeon) can now only be accessed once per game session, since dying during any encounter broke the dungeon
  • Further decreased the difficulty of the first area (excluding the Dream) for an easier beginning
  • Lowered Level-Offset on Normal by 1
  • Colored most of the dialog from Siegmar’s Landing/Challenge for better readability
  • Improved writing & fixed some typos

If you have trouble completing all content, use the Nydar Mode. Feedback is always appreciated.

Patch can be played with characters created in Update 8.

Follow the instructions from the Main Thread!

The Level 100 play-through is unfortunately not working in the version I uploaded yesterday. The Main Quest bugs out as soon as you leave the Dream, should you have already completed the next objective. Thought it might work for once without testing.

Download the fixed version in the OP. It also moves the Respawnpoint slightly so it actually triggers.

You do not need to download the fixed version if you don’t intend to play this play-through.

Regarding merging my maps with the main campaign.

Seems like I can only port ~25% of my mod to the main campaign before it gets buggy and the game crashes. There must be some kind of engine limitation for regions or something.
As a reference, the main campaign must have ~1450 regions, whereas mine has ~550. So I assume the limit must be around 1600 regions per world.

25% might be 3 or 4 Rogue-Like Dungeons, not enough for me, unfortunately. Previously I planned to add 15.

Other than that, merging two worlds is quite easy. Everything carries over, even the layers, so completing the whole project would only take me a few hours. If someone figures a way out to save more regions to a world, please let me know!

LOVE YOUR WORK! Thanks for including the source files so I can peak around. I’ve built my own mod for my own enjoyment. I’d love to play my own classes with your extended campaign. To merge the mods, can I just combine the appropriate folders, and build the assets included? Some of your folders in records are named “_foldername.” Would I just include them in my mod the exact same way? Because some folders are named the usual way, like “creatures.” This is all for my own enjoyment obviously not uploading anything to pubic. Any help would be appreciated

It should work , if it is a custom file then it is no problem .
Only the original GD files that allows you to make stuff avaible in game have to be in default folders , like the class selection for example.
Make sure the version of the game you have is the same with the extracted files and if you decide to change the names of some folders remember to change dir and have in mind that some files need to be in their original location.
Tri to see what happens and good luck .

My source is a bit messy …

I guess you could just drop everything inside the records-directory. Ignore the _folders (as cosminkz indicated, only the default folders are relevant). I actually did not edit that many default files, so it should work fine.

In case you need to overwrite anything, just send me a message, so I can tell ya if the file is important or not.

BUT: If you build the source anew, most archives in resources will be emptied. You can see that this is happening when building takes place. You need to manually add them again by copying them from the downloaded source. Pretty annoying, I know.

Basically like this:
  1. Build the mod
  2. Open the downloaded source file (the .7z archive)
  3. Copy these files from the resources-directory
    • Creatures.arc
    • Music.arc
    • TerrainTextures.arc
    • Textures.arc
    • XPack.arc
    • XPack2.arc
  4. Copy them to “mods/Nydiamar/resources”, overwrite all

As long as you don’t close the Asset Manager, you won’t need to do the above again when building — only at first start. Check the file sizes to make sure everything is correct, Music.arc for example should be 163 MB.

Also keep in mind that the current source uploaded is outdated. If you can wait a few more days, I might release an updated (and cleaned up) source, accompanied with Update 9!

Thanks so much for the reply! I don’t mind waiting a few days.

I’ll have to play around with it if/when you release the new source. Issues I forsee are overlap with my .arc files.

creatures.arc : I have edited my own creatures.arc so I cant overwrite it. I unpacked your creatures.arc, looks like a bunch of ambient npcs? are they actually enemies/interactable npcs or just for scenary? I should be able to build them into my creatures.arc but its kind of painful, if they aren’t 100% needed I won’t

textures.arc - looks like only two small PSD files. I should be able to include it in my own source file, build asset in assetmanager and to create a new textures.arc that includes my textures.

TEXT_EN.arc : are just text documents. Do I just dump those in my resources folder and rebuild so they are included with my text documents?

As I said, the source is quite a mess …

Creatures.arc only contains scenery animals. Needed? Depends. For example, the dog would went missing, which actually can’t be tolerated.
Yes about the other two. Drop your files into the source-directory, then Auto-Create Asset them through the Asset Manager.

I will upload the actual source files next time, so you can build it normally. Just forget what I wrote in my last reply.

Looking forward to it! Thanks

This update looks sick! I’m going to play it tonight, super excited!

Hey! Unfortunately I did not find a way to add (and compile) the source files the normal way.

I’m using a few TQ assets like the Snow Textures or Scenery Animals. These assets can’t be compiled through the Asset Manager. Throws something like 1300 errors should you try.
This annoyed me, so I removed them from the source and wrote a short batch file to copy the finished .arc archives to the resources-directory every time I build my mod for the first time.

I also don’t think you can easily rebuild the archives even if I added the files. So lets do it with the Archivetool.

You can read this tutorial about the Archivetool here, but it doesn’t cover what you actually need to do.

Therefore a short tutorial from me instead.

Create a folder somewhere and drop all you need into it (to avoid messing up). That would be:

• ArchiveTool.exe (from Grim Dawn installation directory)
  • zlibwapi.dll (from Grim Dawn installation directory)
  • All .arc archive files from Nydiamar, for example Creatures.arc
  • Your files from your source-directory (not the folders named Creatures, Textures and so on, but only their contents)

Now open a Command Prompt. Use the CD command to change the directory to your newly created folder. For example:

CD "C:\New Folder"

You can type Archivetool for a list of available commands. Use -add to add your files to the archive.

Command might look like this:

Archivetool Creatures.arc -add Animation.anm "C:\New Folder" 0
Archivetool Music.arc -add Songtitle.ogg "C:\New Folder" 0
Archivetool TerrainTextures.arc -add Texture.tex "C:\New Folder" 7

Or if you want to add a directory/folder with eventually multiple files:

Archivetool Creatures.arc -add Foldername "C:\New Folder" 0

Check if you did everything right with this command:

Archivetool Creatures.arc -extract "C:\New Folder"

Afterwards drop the updated .arc archives into the resources-directory of Nydiamar. You need to readd them every time you build Nydiamar for the first time (after opening the Asset Manager).

I will release the update with an updated source probably tomorrow.

Thanks for the update and the explanations! I appreciate it. I’ll have to play around with it to add my own source files

Update 9: Dreaming

New Location — A Nightmare

How about another dream? You have a 35% chance to trigger a nightmare when sleeping on Your Mattress (after completing the main quest objective).

You will play through 4 different environments with varying twists to them.

Bloody Massacre

Has a very high monster density and is overall a bit fucked up.

Darkness

Lies in full darkness. Monsters scale 50 Levels above the player. A buff called Courage increases the players Health and Damage drastically, but it will only last you 45 seconds. You can renew it at differently located lecterns, but only once on each one. Hurry to find the exit.

Catacombs

Requires you to activate four different levers to unlock the exit. You will only encounter Skeletal Golems. Many of them.

Abandoned House

Covered in spikes and many chests. While the chests do look very worthy, they actually contain nothing, except one, which drops the key for the exit.

The area can only be accessed if the player is Level 40 or higher.

New Quest — A Young Girl and Her Heirloom

You may encounter a Young Girl and her friend Papenbard in front of the Entrance of the Catacombs. Helping her out yields you great rewards, including a Skill Point.

Changes to Existing Content

• Added a Pet Bonus to the Nydar Mode (+20% Health & +40% Damage)
  • Added Exchange option to unlock Nydar Mode for 25 000 Iron Bits
  • Added Exchange option to get Experience Scrolls
  • Added Exchange option to get absolutely nothing
  • Increased rewards of A Quest in the Desert
  • Quest Items are no longer Soulbound (they now drop on the ground should you have a full inventory)
  • Fixed some enemies not counting for Bounties
  • Fixed Pathing in Overrun Fields (you could previously walk out of the map)
  • Fixed some Pathing issues in Sanctuary
  • Fixed Respawnpoint not triggering
  • Fixed a few typos
  • Cleaned up the Source

Feedback or discussion appreciated. Especially since I’m running out of ideas.

If you have not played since the release of Update 8, then check out the various patches.

They added ...
  • A New Location & Mechanic — Underground Fortress (Extension)
  • A New Secret Location & Quest — Crate
  • Monster Totems
  • Difficulty Merits
  • Entrance & Quest Markers
  • Level 100 Play-Through
  • Various fixes and balancing

– Update can be played with characters created in Update 8 –

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

1 Like

Hello I love the mod, this new update is amazing! I have a few points of feedback though

the devotion dungeons are amazing, but I wish we didn’t have to go through super tedious and hard to find areas like the tomb and sanctuary to actually unlock them.
I’ve had to scour the internet to find a reddit comment explaining that I have to activate a random torch to unlock a secret passage in the tomb (which was already so difficult to navigate through). I don’t think hard to find places like this are a bad thing if it’s optional, but we’re basically forced to go through this for devotion points :confused:. Same thing with sanctuary, I’m still yet to find the devotion sphere for sanctuary and I’m about to give up haha

I LOVED the adventerous cavern dungeon!!! That was a lot of fun, I love how all the choices are permanent even after death.
The devotion dungeon from the ashes is really annoying, I usually kill waves within 20 seconds or so, and have to wait 100 more seconds for the next to spawn :frowning:

then it goes from 0 to 100 in difficulty haha
faction arena is amazing, so happy for it.

keep up the good work.

edit: also, loot spheres are amazing, I have so much fun collecting them and popping a bunch at once, and I love how there are so many different kinds!

Great feedback!

I will think about something, maybe add a Notification or Lore Note about the Torch Lever. Or making the walls transparent.

The Devotion Sphere in Sanctuary can be found here (You need at least 4 Vanishing Keys to get there):

I might add for each Devotion Sphere a Notification if you are near one, for example “You are close to a divine revelation”.

Yeah, it’s quite hard to balance this dungeon, especially since I’m only using one character build for testing. But this one is supposed to be incredibly hard, considering it’s the last one and rewards 6 Devotion Points without requiring any offerings. I might even say it’s currently the hardest part of the mod and probably can’t be brute forced. Consider using the Nydar Mode to get through it for now!

Tho, I think I will reduce the downtime in the beginning and add a few seconds to the last few waves, so the player experiences the expected difficulty sooner but doesn’t get too easily overwhelmed.

Great to hear about the rest, the Adventurous Cavern took me a really long time (and motivation to actually finish it), so I appreciate that you mentioned it.