[Mod] Nydiamar

You right, just delete the key. Gonna remove it in the future.

1 Like

I love this MOD. Im 72, but cant find the shard Earq. Can anyome help? its my last one

This shard is around the Abandoned House from the beginning, inside a tree stump near the river.

Thank you!!! I appreciate the help! I found it! Is the Otherworldly rift just the rift at the end game? Is that what is is referring to?

Oh nevermind found it in the first act

Update 16

Also called Another 'Another Final Update’

ThE GoDs aRe DiSplEaSed

Damn it, not again

New God Events

The gods now have a few more ways to their disposal to punish you for your failure.

The gods are about to halt your progress …
A mass of zombies appear around the player that cast the Curse of Disappointment on death which applies a negative Experience Modifier, leading to the player getting dumber (Read: losing experience). If the player is agile enough, they might manage to avoid their curse.

Explosive clusters are about to blow you up …
Explosive clusters appear scattered around the players location creating a highly dangerous minefield. Before the event happens, the player has a few seconds to either relocate somewhere safe or to stop right where they are to avoid accidentally running through multiple clusters when they pop up.

Re/anIm-ATorS aRe ABou!T tO aPp?eAr …
Very weird and disturbing stuff is then about to happen. Scales with Corruption.

In addition to the loot explosions the gods now have two more ways to reward you for your efforts.

The gods are sending you aid …
Friendly (random) creatures, including (random) bosses, are summoned to your aid — a very powerful advantage depending on the players current situation. They are not tethered to their spawn location and will seek out near enemies. Scales with Corruption.

The gods have rewarded you a Skill Point …
The player is rewarded one or two Skill Point potions. Has an 8% chance to happen. Scales with Corruption.

You have become a bit more communicative

Your character now says some stuff occasionally. They will mostly comment on God Events, sometimes before they even happen, hinting on the possible outcome (For example “I have a bad feeling.” or “I should pet the dog more often.” > High chance of a bad event happening in the next minute or so).

Nemesis Hunt

A new bounty type with the objective to find and eliminate random invading Nemeses. You receive the information about their rough location after accepting the bounty (for example “Hunt the Nemesis located in the Nehada Desert or the Ancient Ruins”), and should you get near them you also get a “Nemesis spotted!” notification.

The bounty is only active during the current game session and can be repeated after completion. You pay a high fee for the bounty which you get refunded on completion, but only if you have not died once. The rewards are very worthwhile and varied.

Be gone unique content

You already played Nydiamar and the thought of doing some of the Devotion Dungeons again annoys you? Well, you can now skip them completely! Not for free though

Changes to Existing Content

Classic and Ultimate now share the same world map to make changes easier for me. This is not fully tested and should you encounter bugs or odd stuff in especially the Classic version, then please report back.

• (+) You can now capture Nemeses with the Capture Apparatus, which means you can then summon them to your aid through the Binding Stone
  • (+) Friendly creatures summoned through the Binding Stone received several changes
    • Creatures now move around more and actively seek close enemies
    • Creatures are now of the Player Faction
    • Creatures are no longer targetable, reducing clutter
    • Creature groups now have a larger placement radius, reducing initial clutter
  • (+) Fixed the “already caught” notification of bosses always popping up when killing them again afterwards
  • (+) Escalation now unlocks from the beginning
  • (+) Escalation now rewards Faction Tokens in addition to the previous rewards, making it an alternative to Siegmar’s Challenge
  • (+) Rebalanced the entry fee for Escalation
  • (–) Added a Wisp to the beginning of Sanctuary and the Dunnart Swamp that grants a powerful timed experience and speed bonus when killed to make both dungeons more worthwhile
  • (–) Increased the God Events Minimum Level from 15 to 20
  • (–) Reduced the cost of Influence Favor of the Gods by 10 000 Iron Bits
  • (+) Defense Materials can now be crafted by default
  • (–) Lowered the damage taken from Damage Layers (such as the ones inside the Strange Well)
  • (+) Added a stash to the Sedaah Ruins
  • (–) Expanded the final arena of the Shard of Nebulbeth-Quest
  • (–) Nemesis in the Nehada Desert now only spawns once
  • (–) Removed the Information Tokens in Devotion to reduce bloat
  • (+) Disabled the Personal Riftgate inside Nightmare
  • (–) Fixed final rewards spawning more than once during a game session
  • (–) Updated visuals of some locations and added some flavor NPCs
  • (+) Updated the Diablo 3 Classes mod by Grimer

(+) = Nydiamar & Nydiamar Dungeons
(–) = Nydiamar

Eh?

Enjoy. ~

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

5 Likes

In order to update the mod, i can just copy the new update over the files in the mod folder right?

Yes, just overwrite the old version.

Patch 1

Changes

• (+) Fixed God Events not happening
  • (DUNGEONS) Fixed Devotion Spheres not rewarding any Devotion Points (Potions)
    • Should you have missed any points due to this, type this into the in-game console for each sphere: game.incrementdevotion 8

(–) = Nydiamar

REMOVED — Now merged with the full version

1 Like

I just discovered this mod…
Does Rainbow Filter work and if it does, which version to get?

The standard version should work just fine, but should the mod crash (outside of exiting the game), try removing Rainbow Filter first to see if this fixes it.

Re-uploaded all versions with these changes:

• Merged Patch 1
  • Added effect to Capture Apparatus (on use)
  • Improved effect of God Events
  • Improved effect of Binding Stone (on use)
  • Added delay to friendly units summoned through God Events or the Binding Stone

No reason to re-download the mod for just that.

I have never done a proper full play-through of Nydiamar & Nydiamar Dungeons (at least not after all these reworks), so I’m gonna do one now. Lets see how awful it actually plays.

3 Likes

Hey it’s been a while :smiley: I made an updated Video on this awesome mod - Grim Dawn Mods - Nydiamar Overview - New Endgame System and "Ultimate Mode" - YouTube - I love seeing how far it’s progressed !!! This new stuff is awesome

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, very much appreciated! I have added it to the OP, great to have some video that explains both these systems.

Let me know if you have run into any issues while playing.

I recently re-uploaded the mod with some changes, such as different God Event effects, improved maps, fixed dialogue, low chance version of Affixes for Uniques, as well as updated Diablo 3 classes to 3.9. No update post for that, but still putting it here.

Nice video.I haven’t had much time for games been playing some dom over the weekend.I actually think i’ll download Ultimate d3 as it’s look much more interesting.How well does pet builds work?One of my favorite classes are witch doctor.

Leveling is so quick here that you can find that out quickly on your own by just trying the class! Though I expect it to work really well.

ah thank you.I will try a summoner for first playthrough on ultimate.I have enough experience to play on ultimate(i think :grin:)

Remember if you die a hero,your still dead :joy:

Minor Update

Changes

• (CLASSIC) Fixed the Nydiamar Dungeons version included in the Classic standard version not working at all
  • (+) Improved text and dialog by rewriting stuff and fixing some typos
  • (–) Improved visuals of
    • Prison (Prelude)
    • Edge of Eternity
    • Mystic River
    • Passage II
  • (+) Added FX and sound effects to several actions, such as receiving Level-Up Rewards
  • (+) God Events
    • Reworked the cluster and debuff events
    • Improved FX and sound effects; Different effects depending on which one was triggered
    • Fixed some of the summons spawning hostile creatures (e.g. through on-death skills)
    • Rebalanced Sacrifices, making them more viable
  • (+) Mystic River
    • Fixed the entrance portal sometimes not appearing
    • Added several difficulty levels that limit the Grid Level
    • Added dialog option for current Grid Level
  • (+) Where the Time Goes
    • Mutator (Monsters): Increased -25% Health Points to -500%; Removed +15% Total Damage modifier
  • (+) Adventurous Dungeon
    • Reduced Health Points of Harpy bosses was ridiculously high
  • (CLASSIC) Devotion Dungeons can now only be skipped on difficulties higher than Normal
  • (+) Reduced amount of loot dropped from armor and weapon stands, as well as the monster-infrequents chest
  • (+) Updated the Diablo 3 Classes mod by Grimer to version 3.9
  • (+) Reduced mod size (the map file was previously bloated)

(–) = Nydiamar

EDIT: Rewrote this post.

Play-through is taking too long, have to take a break. I might continue eventually in the coming months and improve some other stuff.

Mod is quite difficult, gotta admit that.

Enjoy. ~

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

3 Likes

Hello, I had a chance to play your mod and it’s great work what you have done. If I may, I have a few questions I would like to ask you if possible.

1. What is the “Merit Token that unlocks level 100 playthrough” for using a new character and how do you use it? Does it level up the new characters we make to level 100 automatically with all 55 devotion points given? I don’t think I have seen the unlock requirements on that note since it wasnt added in my inventory.

2. If you make fixes in this mod, do I need to create a fresh install of the mod, such as deleting the old files and downloading the new updated ones?

Other than that, keep up the great work.

Yes, it is basically a cheat mode where your character gets either leveled up to level 80 or level 100, with access to unlimited iron bits and equipment. You can only unlock this playthrough in the Classic version when completing Ultimate. If you still want to unlock this in the other version, you have to use the in-game console for that — Type character.grantplayertoken L100_PT_SKIP into the console after having created a new character on Ultimate and then continue to the first lectern. Though keep in mind, has been a long time since I tested this.

No, you just have to copy the new files over the old ones, that’s all.

1 Like