[Mod] Nydiamar

That last chest in sanctuary…

You can carry at most 6 keys (even though I was awarded 7), there are 5 rooms and that means you’ll have only 1 key left at the end. The last chest needs 2 keys… :thinking:
Edit: nope. It didn’t work first time but I stood next to it this time and clicking it allowed it to pop open after all :grinning:

Edit: Are certain things like Skill Potions meant to be tradeable? I could put it in shared stash so this would mean I can complete quests on alts and dump the potions on my main character? Is this the same for Attribute Potions? :scream:

Edit2: Game crashed again in the Aela dungeon. I was in the 4th room. Again the minidump is referencing

EXCEPTION_RECORD: (.exr -1)
ExceptionAddress: 00007ffb93cbbbf6 (Engine!GAME::PhysicsMesh_Bullet::operator=+0x0000000000003796)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 0000000000000000
Attempt to read from address 0000000000000000

I wasn’t using chakrams yesterday evening (replaced by Elemental shot) during Sanctuary and I had no crash (But it was only ~60 mins of playtime) so I was hopeful that it was resolved, however today I was doing the Aela dungeon and I crashed only 15 minutes in. This was very painful because it costs a skeleton key and 80 crystals…

So, I played more today. A good 5 hours so far. 0 crashes. Including:
Sanctuary
Mythic River (250 turns)
Escalation until I reached 5 fps and died :stuck_out_tongue:
Died during the second part of Siegmar (Ugh diablo bosses kicking my ass, maybe I should disable that for now?)
Duunart Swamp completely annihilated everything (+150% experience is nice!) and did about 6 waves of the tower defense thing before I TP’d out (I really like your idea but I can see why the AI made you discouraged to continue it)
Warden Madness (RIP’d after 6 of them were after me)
Finished Ael’as dungeon up to and including room 5 (Wait a second… is that part of the house in room 3 what I think it is or is that a coincidence?)

0 crashes

Now I’m hunting down the last few Nebulbeth shards but am having an extremely difficult time. Earq, Carx, Qez. I managed to return the girl’s heirloom in Sanctuary and opened all the rooms but I suppose the shard still eludes me somewhere.

If the crashes don’t appear anymore for the next day or two, I’ll undo what I did to stop the crashes, if it crashes again, then I know what caused it and I’ll report it here.

Edit1: Do the Siegmar event without diablo bosses. Get to the third area. Decide to battle a Nemesis. SURPRISE, Tyrael! > rip. :rofl: LIES!

Also, I need Kilrian’s component for my last shrine in the Devotion area. I have no idea where I can find Kilrian. Was hoping I could find him in Siegmar but I died so… not sure. I’ll try again later.

Great to read, hope it persists!

Yes, they are only beatable (especially the last fight) with finished min-maxed characters.

Bug.

You can find Kilrian at the end of Sanctuary, where you choose your boss. Alternatively, you can simply buy the shard from the merchant in Edge of Eternity. Farming and selling Monster Infrequents is a good way to get Iron Bits to afford it, one MI chest is inside the Ancient Ruins.

Yes, they are! Don’t put everything into the shared stash.

Sent you a friend request on Discord since I had some questions, but apparently can’t “dump” a question there without you accepting the friend request. I’ll just put the message here since I have it typed out now anyway:

I finished the shard event and got this. I must have missed the note they’re describing. Maybe my loot filter was set too strict?

Anyway, I did all the optional objectives now! What a journey. I’m missing that note though so I’m wondering what information I missed. If it’s the same as your forum post (#202 on the forum) then that’s alright. I’m considering making a new char as the demon hunter certainly is squishy and this mod has some very intense survival fights.

You also have a post regarding the underground fortress extension that mentions the level 100 play-through but it not making much sense anymore? There’s only a blacksmith there for the D3 smith.

Would you recommend me just starting a new character fresh from level 1 and skipping using the level 100 play-through merit?

Edit: Also, turning weapons into the crusader variant (2h → 1h) will mean the weapon loses all affixes it has, right? I didn’t actually test this. But that would be a considerable nerf to the Crusader in Nydiamar Dungeons.

Edit2: Still no crashes today despite playing for like 8 hours. I’ll undo my crash solution tomorrow to see if it crashes again to make absolutely sure the cause is singled out.

Oh really? I’m writing to people on Discord who I don’t have accepted, so kinda weird.

I actually have removed this note from the Ultimate version, in the Classic version you receive it after reaching the end. You just managed to unlock it anyway, haha! This is the content of the note:

Note

A Merit Token is required to unlock the Level 100 play-through. This play-through lets you start a new character with Level 100 or 80, as well as 55 Devotion Points, 50 000 000 Iron Bits, 8 Attribute and Skill Points, all Factions fully unlocked and instant access to all relevant Uniques.

Completing each of the following requirements gets you a Blueprint that lets you craft the Merit Token for a high price (750 000 Iron Bits and expensive materials). The requirements are:

Reach Level 100
Complete the Hawton Mine
Complete the Strange Well
Complete the Tomb
Complete the Sanctuary
Complete Odul Aela’s Dungeon
Complete the Ice Cave
Reach the third zone of Part III of Siegmar’s Challenge (Faction Arena)

A new dialog option will appear at the Lectern of Wisdom after completing all requirements to receive the Blueprint. Alternatively you can also get the Blueprint by completing the “Shard of Nebulbeth”-Quest on Ultimate.

Instructions about enabling the play-through:

After crafting the Merit Token, put it inside your Shared Stash. Then create a completely new character. Start playing on Ultimate and advance to the Lectern of Choice. There is stash next to it. Take out the Merit Token and choose the newly added dialog option from the lectern. Don’t forget to use the actual Merit you get shortly afterwards.

Playing on Normal or Elite with the new boosted character after using the Merit Token might break the mod. Keep this in mind.

There’s a teleporter that leads to an area that sells all (actually all but the latest) uniques. It does not sell any Diablo 3 items. Though you receive unlimited loot spheres to pop.

I don’t recommend playing it. I have “removed” it for a reason — the Ultimate version is already very quick to play through if you already know what you are doing and have some starter gear. The level 100 play-through removes grinding and such, and therefore some of the fun! There’s for example no reason anymore to do the Devotion Dungeons. You also remove the balancing with the corruption building slowly up while you level. The whole idea is pretty much out-dated, and I will remove it from the Ultimate version next update. So better play without it, but up to you!

Don’t know about the Diablo question, you would have to check out their mod page / comments for info on that, or ask there.

Update 17

(+) New God Event — Gullom

There is now a chance that Gullom and his brother appear as a negative God Event. They will follow you around, and whenever you hit them, they will shit spawn explosive Aether Crystals out of nowhere. After a certain time, they will go away.

Each time you hit them, you have a low chance to get rewarded either a loot sphere explosion or Faction Tickets.

(–) New Location — Yeci Island

You pop the totem in the middle, you get a random event. This could be one of many different ambushes, such as a boss rush, or it could be a loot explosion, a fight between a friendly and hostile Nemesis, and a few more!

You have to pay a fee for each attempt. Four different difficulties influence the type of encounters you get, how many spawn locations get used at once, and the quantity of loot rewards.

This area is a continuation of the Ice Cave.

Changes from Lightweight Mod

• Moved all spawn points closer to the middle
  • Modified all encounter chances
  • Lowered the pool sizes
  • Removed Iron Bits Explosion as a possible event, since it was causing issues

Changes to Existing Content

• (–) Drastically improved the visuals of Snowy Landscape, Depraved Ruins and Cold Ruins
  • (+) Renamed Escalation to Noitalacse Island
  • (–) Duunart Swamp
    • Added new possible waves: Skeletons and Ghosts
    • Elevated some tower placements to improve their targeting
    • Closing gates are now enabled by default
    • Closed up / narrowed down the area
    • Gate to fortress area will now stay open, to allow kiting enemies during waves
    • Added a pre-placed Lightning Tower to the entrance
    • Increased damage of Lightning Tower to enable it to kill Heroes
    • Increased free Death Rune eliminations from 5 to 10
    • Fixed [Clear all enemies] option to not destroy towers
    • Left-over currency now gets taken before going in
    • Text improvements
  • (+) Where the Time Goes
    • Enemies in there now look a bit cooler and more fitting
    • Enemies no longer drop loot besides Heroes
    • Changed the script so that Heroes continue to spawn until the end
    • Added an additional final wave
    • Added notification to not pause the game
  • (+) Nerfed the Explosive Clusters God Event (this event was a death sentence, like what the heck)
  • (+) Re-added Nullification

(+) = Nydiamar & Nydiamar Dungeons
(–) = Nydiamar

Once again, this took me way longer than anticipated. Enjoy. ~

EDIT 2:

Also putting this here for anyone CTRL-F’ing this thread for a crash fix: Try turning [Auto Item Tooltips] in [Options] off.

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

4 Likes

Hey guys. If the mod keeps crashing for you, follow Edit 2 from the post above me, it finally ran stable for me in Update 16 for a good 30+ hours. (after crashing every 10-30 minutes before applying that fix)

However, Update 17 seems to be somewhat unstable. Please let me know if you have encountered any crashes (please also let me know if you’re not getting any even if you played a lot) since Update 17. I’m personally going to see if turning off Recycling fixes it for me and will report within 24h with my findings.

^ The crash I think was caused by some UI error of Grim Dawn. The recycle feature might also lead to a crash if you farm a location for a long time (e.g. Mystic River), since every time an item gets recycled, a sphere pops, which might lead to lots of clutter over time (they apparently won’t get removed from the game, despite being “destroyed”). Besides this, the feature works fine, as long as you don’t use it in “infinite dungeons”.

Patch

Changes:

• Changed up the Noitalacse Island
    • Now escalates slightly slower
    • After a while, normal spawns get replaced by Hero spawns, to reduce lag
    • After an even longer while, half the Hero spawns get replaced by Boss spawns
    • Amount of proxies that spawn at once now deescalates three times, to add some time to cool down
  • Fixed the script for Nydiamar Dungeons
  • Merged previous patch

[Patch | All Versions — Size: ~160 MB]

The very small patch below fixes the main quests in Nydiamar Dungeons. This patch is required.

Nydiamar Dungeons (Both Versions) Hotfix.zip (20.3 KB)

I do concur. Also, shame on me for not reporting my findings in time as I said I would. I played the game extensively for 10+ hours with recycling on without it crashing (both low level and the journey to 100, throughout the entire Nydiamar game (quests, areas etc) without a single crash.

But turning the recycling off those 6 days ago fixed the crashes I had back then on a character… that might have been a fluke.

I did open lots of spheres because my stacks of 100 (common & uncommon spheres mostly, and blueprints) started clogging up the place. Massive fps loss afterwards (even picking everything up didn’t solve it, but moving away from the area magically solved it, as well as teleporting far away and back in. So yeah, probably something stays that’s invisible but impacts FPS.

I’m still wondering (now relatively freshly playing NydiamarDungeons though so can’t give feedback on that part yet) if Nydiamar lategame should have Nemesis spawns even if rare/very rare. Heroes can’t really compete with you even if you get a trio that should counter your build relatively hard due to the blessings. I never feel unsafe in areas I’ve beaten before because there’s never a chance you get a nemesis, or two or three.

Now back to NydiamarDungeons so I can provide feedback there!

In Nydiamar you have the Nemesis Hunt feature, which spawns a random Nemesis in a random location for you to hunt. The Suspicious Scarecrows in Nydiamar Dungeons actually have a 10% chance to spawn a random Nemesis too, and there are many scarecrows you can accidentally destroy. As for feeling unsafe, there are at least the random God Events!

Normally I assume people stop playing Nydiamar when they reach level 100, went through everything once and geared up a bit, and instead go directly to Nydiamar Dungeons if they still enjoy the content.

This doesn’t seem to work. Tested in both Nydiamar and NydiamarDungeons. They are there in the first wave and they are gone after that.

Also, NydiamarDungeons’ version of Where the Time Goes is really lagging badly towards the end even with me literally (literally!) oneshotting 10 enemies per second (retaliation kills them).

It’s because of the computation power required for pathfinding that all the enemies do. I’d say remove all the normal enemies, replace them completely with champions at 1/4th (1/8th if you replace some of those with heroes?) the amount and make sure heroes work.

I’d like to recommend this for Mystic River as well, at least in Nydiamar Dungeons. I enjoy the content and how hectic it becomes but with so many normal mobs spawning and sometimes fighting each other it can get extremely laggy and freeze/crash. I think less overall mobs but more challenging would be a more enjoyable experience overall.

You right, I forgot to take this one line change over. Noted it down, though no big deal really, so I will wait until I update the Diablo 3 classes eventually.

I might also lower the amount of later spawns a bit, and maybe compensate it with some more health from the mutator.

As for the Mystic River, due to the setup of the latest dungeon, I could add a Heroes only mode (with no sphere drops and no infighting). I will look into it!

Curious if anyone has had any issues with crafting or d3 items dropping. Since I started playing Nydiamar Dungeons it feels like the crafting and dropping of d3 items is from a very limited pool of items which makes it really hard to progress. Maybe an issue with being over level 100? Idk how possible of easy it would be but something similar to the token system from DoM or just a forgotten souls vendor for specific pieces could be really helpful. Honestly I was fine with the pacing of progression without such a system as long as the crafting and dropping of items is working properly.

Where the Time Goes struggle

Pretty much exactly my experience with that dungeon. I brought up the D3 loot issue from the blacksmith and also drops (Diablo seems to drop that scythe often for example in NydiamarDungeon’s Siegmar). Lootspheres might be a solution there but your token suggestion like it is in DoM is also a good alternative I would say, so thanks for suggesting it!

Patch

Previous Patch:

• Noitalacse Island
    • Now escalates slightly slower
    • After a while, normal spawns get replaced by Hero spawns, to reduce lag
    • After an even longer while, half the Hero spawns get replaced by Boss spawns
    • Amount of proxies that spawn at once now deescalates three times, to add some time to cool down
  • Fixed the script for Nydiamar Dungeons
  • Fixed the main quests in Nydiamar Dungeons being repeatable

New Changes:

• Where the Time Goes
    • Heroes now spawn until the end, and not just a few
    • Halved the amount of enemies near the end, which gets compensated by the additional Heroes
    • Increased the spawn intervals near the end
    • Modified the Mutator (Monsters) — -400% Health Points > -500% Health Points
This can get a bit ridiculous now in Nydiamar Dungeons, but it runs a lot smoother
  • Mystic River
    • Added a new dialog option that lets you lower the mob density of all encounters
      • You can change this setting even later in an attempt, and you can also revert it back to default values
These are now the new values for the lower density setting
  • You can now acquire Diablo 3 specific items with characters above level 100
This was the gambling result with a level 175 character
  • Fixed a missing tag in Siegmar’s Challenge and a typo somewhere else

Thank you very much for the reports and feedback.

EDIT: Also if someone is using Affixes for Uniques, you have to re-download it from the OP.

[Patch (3) | All Versions — Size: ~244 MB]

3 Likes

Absolutely fantastic work. Thank you so much for your continued mod support!

Thanks for the great updates.

died to this trap after finally being able to clear Where the Time Goes lol

Yeah that was a nasty, but fun surprise :rofl:

I blew them all up at the same time too, but just ran away, like the coward I am.

I had a total of one death on my character. That was in NydiamarDungeons’ version of Sanctuary. I was a fool to take the glass cannon buff. Had it coming.

Nice MOD, but I dont know how to use this object to catch monsters?

and my friends said he can out from Jail. when he character online is in Jail, already try many way, but invalid.