[Mod] Nydiamar

I am really happy to see that you’re still enjoying working on Nydiamar. It’s by far my favorite Grim Dawn mod and in my top 3 as a mod for any game.

Snap to grid is a godsend on the many game map editors I used for all the various games I played.

1 Like

Talking about mods, I’m currently playing through Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos, and I’m blown away by the amount of effort that went into it. I urge anyone to give it a try, and also to use the polish voice over, since they actually used professional voice actors.

I take the opportunity to show off the map, since I already finished it two weeks ago and completely forgot about it. I want to bundle the update with other stuff, so releasing it might take me until next year, no reason to hold off then.

Mansion, a quite normal area. Many won’t really care about this, but I took a lot of care to fill it up to the brim with details while avoiding any repetition.

The ‘Rats’ area is working incredibly well, personally I think this might be the coolest area the mod will have to offer. Everything is scaled up, the whole room has the size of six regions (scrolling up you can see their size in the layout view). It required a bit of trickery to hold up the illusion, since all objects you can see are only cosmetic, but you should never notice, the pathing and hit boxes are perfect. Try to guess the path leading to the exit!

The basement is a simple tile game where you have to find the ladder/exit, which appears on a random tile. There are overall four basement levels. Clearing all tiles yields some worthy reward.

This is an area resolving around bashing in doors. Some doors are fake, so you have to find the correct path while being chased by invincible Nemeses scaled down, of course. Fun!

2 Likes

Really earned the status of: Standalone Expansion Campaign
Such a great mod, big thanks for your work !

1 Like

@Van_Houck really great mod. I know multiplayer Is not yet playable(or Better said buggy since i did played It with a friend surpassing certain bugs of him not being teleported to specific locations putting down Rift etc etc) but in the long go do you plan to implement It fully? If not it’s ok but It would really be nice to see, Just like Reign of Terror devs did.

Edit: i have a question regarding patching this mod with the affixes modification. The instructions comes with this picture here regarding the assetmanager.exe settings but in my mods folder there’s no gdx2. Do i have to copy and paste gdx2 folder from the main GD directory inside the mods folder to do this?That’s the only thing not clear to me.

AM

Anyone in here can answer my question regarding the affixes modification for nydiamar?

You don’t need to move your GDX2 folder, just fix the reference to the folder

I’m not sure if you even have to have any additional directories set. I think the important part here is to have the working/build directory as shown in the picture, some people have it differently and then you can’t patch the mod as instructed.

So just try it, if it “does” something (as in updating records) without any error, then it worked.

No plans for multiplayer though, it would simply be such an enormous task for me to get it working, I would have to go through thousands of crappy .lua lines. Even then, I think some gimmick dungeons could never work.

I see. Me and my friend are managing to connect somehow via multiplayer even if something here and there is bugging like i mentioned above, not letting him teleport to some locations but we are overcoming this with me setting down portals rifts for him. We doing this little test, who knows, maybe we manage to finish it anyway xD.

I see what you mean, maybe in the long go you could try to contact some other modders to help with it, with this i mean, i can understand how much complex would it be to do alone. If you don’t want though it’s ok, i understand it’s your own work as well so maybe you just dont want to bother others.

It gives me 8 errors both when im pressing f7 after selcting nydiamar and nydiamar dungeon.

The process does end saying ‘done’ at the end but are those 8 errors something i should be worried about?

This is what it says at the end of the process after pressing f7 for both nydiamar and nydiamar dungeon.(8 errors),but the process does says ‘done’.

The corresponding template is missing.

Ok, so what does that means?

Check whether the compressed package you downloaded contains “…\database\templates.arc”
If yes, unpack it to " …\Grim Dawn\database\templates\ "

If not, contact the Mod author for negotiation.

I’m checking both the affixes archive from nexus and from the link here in the forum.
None of them has a templete.arc file inside the database or the templates folder.

:eyes:

This is what’s inside those archives, no template.arc in there.

lootrandomizertabledynamic.zip (2.0 KB)
File name:
lootrandomizertabledynamic.tpl
Download this and put it in “…\Grim Dawn\database\templates\” and try again.

The forum does not allow directly to upload .tpl files, so you have to compress it. :laughing:

1 Like

@tt300 :heart: you. This worked, no errors this time :innocent:

I’m glad to help you. Have a nice game!

How far off am I? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Almost got it! But you have to go over the bunk beds, sideways table and the mattress before reaching the long bench.

1 Like