[MOD] Old School Grim Dawn

Download on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/grimdawn/mods/54/

The most fun I ever had in GD was the B23-B27 era, when the levelcap was only in the 40-60 range and we only had one difficulty (and Veteran). I’ve wanted to go back to that sort of gameplay for a while, but with all the additional content we’ve had added since then. This mod is my attempt to do just that, albeit with some additional tweaks so as to make the lower-level-cap less jarring.

Over time, I hope to be adding my own adjustments to base game systems to give a little more to do with a character after hitting the much-lower levelcap.

Enjoy!
-Ceno

OSGD: Version 0.1 Changelog (relative to base game)

• Player Levelcap reduced to 40.
  • All items have had their level requirements reduced to 40, if they were previously above 40. Note that there’s a good chance that not every item will be obtainable despite that. Itemization in this mod is an ongoing effort.
  • All enemies in all difficulties now scale their levels from 1 to whatever level you are.
  • Elite and Ultimate no longer penalize players’ resists (despite the loading screen hint saying otherwise).
  • Ultimate Enemy Bonus % Health Regen reduced from 300% to 150% (Elite is 100%, Normal is 0%).
  • Some more quests reward skill/attribute points to make up for the sudden deficit of levels. This primarily applies to optional quests or major campaign milestones. In total, you can get 18 more Skillpoints and 15 more Attribute Points from quests across the three difficulties.

Planned Features:

• Many more devotion levels on Celestial Powers with vastly increased XP Requirements, to create the illusion of an “infinite” progression system.
  • Some “adjustments” to the Nemesis system to make them much harder but reasonably optional. Speaking of Nemeses, there’s a chance they won’t presently obey the level 40 cap, haven’t tested them yet. Be wary.
  • Stuff. :wink:

Special Thanks:

• jiaco and ASYLUM101 for helping me get enemies to abide by lower level caps.
  • Crate for making this awesome game.

Known Issues:
None. Report some bugs here or on Nexus and I’ll get to them when I can!

Ideas, feedback, or feature requests? Keep me posted!

There goes my weekend…

Nice one Ceno, don’t know if I’ll get the time to actually play this but most appealing indeed as resist reduction does annoy the living hell out of me and combined with the slow down of the exp and skill points in the higher levels it all puts me off going past Veteran. :smiley:

:undecided:

This is right up my alley. I was looking at the gnome too, and was like… is that Runescape… that IS Runescape

Hotfix v0.1.1 Released:

Bugfixes:

• Fixed a bug where Ashes of Malmouth Nemeses would not abide by the lower-level-cap. They will, however, be much tougher regardless.

Despite the level-40 levelcap, if my math is right AoM Nems should spawn at 55, by intention. Presently I don’t think base-game Nems will do so and will likely be around 46. I’ll correct that next patch.

Download for the above is on Nexus mods.