[Mod] Pitch Black Main Menu

Replace Main Menu screen with complete blackness.
Useful for taking screenshots of your characters in a clean environment.

Thanks to @tqFan for helping me with this idea by making a black .map file!
File to download:

How to install:

1. Create this file path in your Grim Dawn directory: settings\levels\mainmenu
  2. Put the file inside mainmenu folder
  3. To change which Main Menu screen gets affected by this mod, you can rename the file to mainmenu for vanilla, mainmenu_gdx1 for Ashes of Malmouth and mainmenu_gdx2 for Forgotten Gods

To uninstall, simply remove the file from the created folder.

7 Likes

Thanks for remaking it. I’ll use it next time I make an illusion.
Also nice illusion in the op. I find using Morgo with Lightning damage type very creative.

1 Like

Thank you Maska, it’s working greats

1 Like

I was wondering, since this is an edit to the main menu map, can it also made the camera move much closer to the character?

This is a much more complex setup that requires modifications in .dbr files, but I have managed to do it in the past.
I don’t exactly remember how to do it now, but I will upload my database.arz file.
You have to download this file:

Put the file inside Grim Dawn\mods folder. If you are on Steam, add /basemods line to GD’s launch options (I don’t know how to enable that on non Steam version of the game).
What this .arz file changes is character scale and position in main menu and it removes Ashes of Malmouth logo (I use AoM menu).
If done correctly, it should look like this:

4 Likes

The mod is good, the dark background works great, it would be really cool if you could create some backgrounds based on the theme of the game and add to the mod. It would be perfect.

[Mod] Pitch Black Main Menu.zip (1.5 MB)

How to use: Unzip the downloaded *.zip to your GD directory, and select AoM as the main menu background. (It is recommended to install 7zip compression software and back up Grim Dawn\gdx2\database\GDX2.arz in advance)

2 Likes

I have a screenshot how in one of my threads. You just make a shortcut to an executable and add /basemods in the field shown in the screenshot. Not sure which executable for GoG because it’s weird in this regard

After that you can change screenshot’s name to Illusion photo session to know what it does :wink:

You could also launch Grim Dawn with this option from command line of course.

2 Likes

bruh, this is so deceptively geniusly simple :smile:

1 Like

presciso falar com vc

I have a request to make to you, a simple request.

I don’t understand at all what you want to express.

1 Like

I have a friend request to make to you