[Mod] Reign of Terror

Loving the mod. I think I ran into a bug though.

After freeing Anya in Act 5 i logged out.
Now the portal to Nihlathak’s Temple is gone and I’m unable to complete the quest.

Thank you for your work Ram.

That’s the plan, but not before 1.0 version.

However, if you want to get your hands on the source files sooner then you are more than welcome to become RoT dev team member as there is currently very little work done on the mod since I’ve put it on hold to pursue the goal of becoming a fulltime game dev.

Already answered on RoT Discord but for anyone else running into the same issue: Anya can open the portal again via conversation (just click through all of her dialogs to get into the main selection).

That would be awesome! How do I go about becoming a dev team member? Or better yet, is there some place where I can just simply download the source files?

Cause I’m a little intimidated by the idea of joining the team as I don’t have enough modding experience to be at all useful. But I’m learning :smile:

By the way, I knew you’d become a game developer. RoT is a fantastic resume and I think you deserve recognition and reward, so I really hope a game studio hires you.

Wishing you the best of luck.

You’re right.I was sure to have installed the last patch before posting but i guess i didn’t, sorry. Thunderstorm is working with 0.6.0.2
Still have the issue with artic blast though.

Simply hit me up on Discord and I will explain everything. Source is nowhere near finish so I don’t recommend to start modifying it at this stage but if you really want it without getting involved in the development then I can provide the link, no problem. Although, it would be cool having someone new helping out with the project.

Btw, I am not looking to get hired, the plan is to start a new studio and work on our own game.

Correct, Arctic Blast is not working, going to release hotfix either today or tomorrow.

Hehehe you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into.

It’s taken me all day just to get the Map Editor working:

But I’m up for a challenge. Just don’t yell at me if I break something :wink:

I’ve never used Discord before, but I’ll head over there now and see if I can figure it out as well.

Hotfix 0.6.0.3 released.

Download:

ReignOfTerror_v0.6.0.3.rar (5 MB) Google Drive
ReignOfTerror_v0.6.0.3.rar (5 MB) MEGA

Installation:

• Place downloaded “ReignOfTerror” folder (located in ReignOfTerror_v0.6.0.3.rar) into your Grim Dawn/mods folder and overwrite all files

Notes:

• Hotfix 0.6.0.3 is compatible only with Forgotten Gods expansion and Reign Of Terror version 0.6.0
  • Hotfix 0.6.0.3 contains data from previous 0.6.0.2

Changelog

>>>>>>> Click here to show Changelog <<<<<<<

Bug Fix:

• Fixed Druid’s Arctic Blast fx

Game:

• Summoner (Act 2): added Countess Rune loottables
  • Mercenaries: reduced hp

Skills:
Necromancer
- Revive: increased attack speed and damage of Unholy Strike

Text:

• Fixed various text strings of skills/ conversations / quests / loading screen tips / cinematic subtitles (credits @sonophilos)
2 Likes

Top of page still says:

• Pandemonium event (keys drop from The Countess, Summoner and Izual on Hell difficulty)

Thanks for the update!

• Best Grim Dawn mod by FAR
1 Like

Oh man I was waiting for the mod to be finished and I just got some time off from work.

I can’t even imagine how much work you’ve put in this mod.

This is just incredible. I almost teared up playing with my javazon.

thx everyone who contributed to this masterpiece.

Pls fix Smuggler UI feature.

So, this may be a dumb question but I cannot figure out where to go after nithilak in act 5. The way points indicate there is more in both normal and nightmare but I can’t find where.

Any hints?

From Crystalline Passage there is another way to go forward.

Masterpiece! Thank you for developing this mod!

hi, in the original game, for example, the paladin skill “Zeal” receives bonuses from:
Sacrifice: +12% damage per level. Also Sacrifice receives bonuses from:
Redemption: +15% dmg per level, Fanaticism: +5% dmg per level, etc.
So my question is: in this mod no such description, but is there a dependency on skills?

There are no “cross-skills” synergies in the mod since GD has no such feature. The only thing close to synergies are direct skill modifiers (example: Firebolt - Fireball).

Hey, this mod is awesome! It makes me feel like I’m playing D2 again but with lots of modern conveniences.

The Amazon Pierce skill says it activates with default ranged weapon attacks. In GD proper, that means attack replacers can also trigger it. This leads me to multiple questions.

• Do any of the D2 class skills count as attack replacers?
  • If Pierce is triggered with an attack replacer, does it fire one basic shot with a chance to pierce or does it add its piercing chance to the attack replacer?

Greetings all. Installed the game last night. Fun times. I think I messed up making a Sorc with a GD Necro. I was hoping the Reaping Strike would proc on my Sorc’s Blizzard, but that doesn’t look like the case. Oh well. I can just go straight Blizz Sorc I guess.

The major issue I’m having is in caves and pits. The screen is totally black. I put the gamma all the way up, turned off the occulation lighting(?) and put the game in fullscreen mode. Still pitch black. Made fight Andariel a chore. There any fix to this? Thanks.

1. There are currently no RoT weapon attack skills that could proc pierce, that’s why Multiple Shot and Strafe have their own pierce chance.

2. Pierce always uses the attack off which it procced

Make sure to install the latest RoT version (0.2.0 -> 0.4.2 -> 0.6.0 -> 0.6.0.3). That’s the only advice I can give you since I stopped supporting older releases some time ago due to GD updates breaking them (it was no longer feasible for me to keep them all updated).

Ok. That makes sense. I don’t have the Forgotten Gods(?) DLC though. I’ve got AoM however. Will the 6.0.3 work if I don’t have Forgotten Gods?