[Mod] Reign of Terror

Thanks for the advise.
After trying and kill the Lazarus but the quest not shows completed and no red portal back to level 15.
I try above question several time but still get same stuck.
Even I ignore it then go killed Diablo directly and get his soulstone.
Is there other way to complete the quest?

It’s different for everyone unfortunately. I have no issues in Underground Passage, luckily most people don’t but it’s annoying that some people do.

Same way as before, the tomes of town portal have replaced the keys. Now you just need to get Wirts Leg just like in d2. Location to open the portal is still the pedestal in the basement

Yeh i also have the U passage crash bug but what i did was run it on stand alone and just updated after.

I checked btw and Grim Dawn (64 bit) uses all 4 cores by default in affinity, so it’s not that either

So, what’s with the Mushroom Patches on Level 9? Why are they marked on my maps if they do absolutely nothing?

You need to find Fungal Tome or Demon Brain on level 9 in order to start the quest. There will be an automatic quest trigger added in the next hotfix.

I think act 6 needs to improve the experience. I started it at level 55,was too hard before. and the amount of experience gained is practically zero. it discourages people from doing this act, because it is all about transition, unless that is the intention.

That sounds more like a build issue if you had to farm that much to be able to progress through Act 6. Common monsters in Act 6 have lvl 45 in the starting areas and end up with 55 lvl in the last A6 area so starting A6 on 55+ will obviously result in very little xp gain from kills. Quests however still do reward you with decent xp.

If I had to account for players starting A6 Normal with such high level characters then the whole NM/Hell campaign would need to be reworked and that’s not something I am willing to do as the current leveling progression is fairly optimized.

You’re probably right, in that case I’m starting to rebuild the character :slight_smile:

Came back to Level 9 with the Fungal Tome after finishing Act 6 and nothing happens when I click on any of the Mushroom Patches. Also, what is Diablo’s Soulstone for?

That means you have completed the quest already by picking up and returning the Demon Brain.

Diablo’s soulstone doesn’t have any use at this moment.

And just now had Grim Dawn crash on my upon attempting to enter the Underground Passage in Stony Field on Elite. Spent almost 30 second “loading” before getting the crash reporter.

At 100% there is something wrong with this entering.

A pit Lord (big guy with wings) spawned on an area I can’t walk on and I couldn’t attack him with my Ice Bolt. He eventually died from AOE. On the south side of this tunnel that ran from East to West near this entrance. Either the first one or the second, but right here:

When I say south side I mean where it was situated running through the tunnel, it’s on the North side of this map where my character is. Either to the right or left of my character.

Really wish we could attach devotions to the passives of Amplify Damage. Had to waste a skill point on Teeth just for the 3rd devotion (Howl of Mogdrogen, Shepherd’s Call and Hungering Void). Summons kill all non-bosses I barely ever have time to apply Amplify Damage and Dim Vision (and therefore only ever get 2 of the 3 devotions active).

Why have a quest that can be completed 2 different ways (but you’ll pretty much always come across the Demon Brain BEFORE you get the Fungal Tome, thereby rendering the tome useless)

And it seems that having the Fungal Tome from Normal still in my inventory on Elite prevented the quest from activating (clicking on the Mushroom Patches still did nothing and the Demon Brain never dropped).

With 7.0.0 I create 2 new characters and complete act6 with no problem, except that the quest item-fungal tome or the first book i.e.- remain in my inventory.
Reload the patch and run in 7.0.1 an old character level 91 in hell.
It is quite hard monster are at least 5 to 6 levels above. I was just at the beginning of 91, I have to start the level 10 to reach at last 92.
This is due to the fact I need about 14000K exp. and the bosses give no more than 5K exp. each and the quests from 0 to 15K exp. the same I think in normal !!! With a bit of luck perhaps I reach 93 at the end.

BUT the problem I post on the 05/27 remains with 7.0.1 there is NO entrance to level 11 the 3 possibilities are locked and the fourth is the entrance from level 9.
This is definitively a bug either in the patch itself or in the file in GoFile ?

I am an experienced gd player but here I am having problems. I play a sorceress, I’m level 55, and monsters kill me with one shot of a much lower level. I don’t know where I made a mistake does the character require a lot more hp or resistance? I have fairly good resistance. does a sorceress require a second defensive or offensive class?

Thanks for the report. Some of the A6 quests on Hell do indeed have incorrect xp reward. Will be fixed in the next hotfix.

There are 4 randomized entrances to Level 11 from Level 10, it sounds like you have still some exploring to do.

Max. resists, dmg absorb (flat or %) combined with decent defense and hp pool is the most effective way of damage mitigation. Support mercenary from Act 4 can help tremendously with survivability while leveling thanks to her aura. There are also items (RWs, runes, gems and some unique/set items) which reduce damage from a certain monster race.

Playing pure glass canon is not recomended, especially with the recent addition of Act 6 and new endgame events.

1 Like