[Mod] Reign of Terror

… I can well imagine that the World Superbosses will be extreme in the hidden areas, especially in Hell! Thank goodness the makers of RoT have ensured that a skull is shown on the map, so you know what to expect.

Apart from that, these superbosses are really extremely different to fight. I can still remember my first encounter, in a cave in Act 1 NORMAL (Dark Woods) at Lev. 13 or so.
Damn was I careless! I did almost no damage and only escaped because I was damn fast and the monster didn’t follow me.
Ergo, I first gave these capital bosses a wide berth and only came back after I had finished Baal. And even then, some of the world bosses were still pretty hairy.
In addition, it also plays a big role whether you have enough space to move around. In tight spaces, of course, the likelihood of surviving such encounters is much lower. So you should think carefully about what and especially when you approach these monsters. :innocent:

P.S.: … Is there actually a map where all the world superbosses are marked?

1 Like

Use the archived link to RoT wiki. That one had all the hidden ubers marked. Worldbosses arent on there yet.
To tell them apart: worldbosses spawn in any difficulty and dont have their own specific zone. Hidden ubers have their own little zone, where portals are blocked, and spawn in hell only.

Sounds like you arent ready yet for ubers. Once fully geared, itll take about 0.5-1 min to kill them.

They can, but imagine the negative backlash from the hardcore d2 community. It’s those people who make the most noise. So they decided to not change anything at all. (Heck, every once in a while some of those purists try RoT and start ranting in the discord how bad of a remake it is and leave again).

1 Like

@ Fuzzydunlop

… to be honest, I don’t know the complete names of the world bosses, but e.g. the Bone Crusher in Act 1 (Dark Wood) is always located in the same place, or am I wrong?

In NORMAL and NIGHTMARE he was in the cave at the bottom of the big mine that was built near the two goblin camps! Or was that just coincidence. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And as for Blizzard, they didn’t miss the chance to easily charge almost EUR 40 for Diablo 2:Resurrected, which I personally think is an absolute outrage … :imp:

All ubers and world bosses always spawn on the same spot

… while the Bone Crusher world boss (Act 1 - Dark Wood) always respawns after every death, the world boss in Catacombs Level 2 in Act 1 remains gone forever after I finish him off!

Is this a bug, or what should I make of it … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I alway7s laugh at silly people.This is by far the best remake of D2.I have played many even the D2 mod for titan quest and non came close to this mod.Reason i won’t play D2R is the fact it’s the same face with different paint.

I still play D2 median xl mod and i will continue to do so as the retro graphics made the game.I play RoT to relax and whine down.Btw i underestimated Andriels poison and b…ch killed meh :grin:.It’s a much more relaxxed mod compared to d2 mods where you rush to get end game.Here i take my time and i give a f what other people says.

Haters will always be haters and half of them are just keyboard warriors and criticize because they can’t do better.Only thin i wish was that you got different character skins but that is a limitation of the engine.Pretty sure it can be done but it would be for main game as well and not really work cause of the dual class system.

1 Like

To be fair, it’s not the damage that is lacking but Cthulhu’s unique debuffs. I can’t facetank him yet with 4k def, 23k hp, 3k armor and all resistances maxed and overcapped by at least 50%. He nearly oneshots when the debuffs are applied. All other superbosses go down in under 30-45 sec on average.

Has to do with its level. It’s got a maxium level set, so above that level it will no logner spawn.

1 Like

… merci - and thank you … :grinning:

Is there a database or list of all items and their affixes somewhere? Grimtools is of not much use obviously since many set and legendary items got modified in the mod.

Nope. There is a bot in the discord channel that displays items, but not affixes

1 Like

I hope you saw my comment above, Pierre, that there’s a new graphics API for Diablo 2 that works QUITE WELL with Median and even other mods if you are patient! It doesn’t look as good as D2:R of course, but it cleans up the D2 graphics even more. It’s VERY clear and extremely high end if you configure it correctly and have a good enough video card, etc. You don’t need D2:R anymore to have decent visuals.

I like the 3D models in D2:R. I’m no idiot, just as I love the 3D models in this mod! But the original is still decent. :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Worldboss in Catacombs. This boss used to allow me to leach to high level, so I assumed it disappeared at one point so I wouldn’t use it to get to level 100. :wink:

People misunderstand me.I don’t think D2R is bad and i do love the graphics pdates but it’s not something i will go out and buy.Speaking of experience with D3.I paid 600 bucks in my currency when games was 299 and i so disappointing because back then i didn’t have good internet but even now i have lag so i got it for switch to play offline

I don’t have anything against D2R or bilzzard(long time war 3 player)I think it’s a great game but i prefer the old gore quirky graphics over modernized any time.For me it’s about the game play over the graphics but not sure if you can but if you can play with a controller i may end up buying D2R.

Back to subject.What would make a great starter build?I have a sorc as first class was thinking maybe paly with her but idk if it will complement her or burden her because of the difference in stat gain.I was thinking sorc frost armor(i only choice my second class around lvl 26 or so)+ pally def buff = massive tanky.That’s just how i have it in my head i may be wrong :smiley:

Sounds like a great combo. I find most starter Grim Dawn builds work great here. Eye of Reckoning is very good, all GD pet builds are strong and beginner friendly. D2 classic necro is very strong, pair with GD necro/occultist/shaman and you get a crazy dps and clearing speeds. We are yet to discover the strongest and most OP combos I bet!

P.S. D2R was a great idea, but keeping y2k level of quality of life in 2021? Back to 20 mules? Back to no inventory space? When I feel nostalgic and wanna run my windy druid again - PlugY is the only way I can do it, having accumulated 100+ stash tabs of BiS gear over the years. Not possible in D2R.

holy shield + conviction make paladin a great addition to any caster that uses elemental or magic damage.
Someone wrote up a starterguide, i posted it a few messages up, might wanna give that a look as well.

Thank you found it.I went ice sorc mainly for single target damage.I believe in kill before it can reach you.Well Andriel didn’t like that though my fault not getting poison resistance :joy:

Finally, a game where a skelemancer doesn’t disappoint during levelling! At level 55 you can reach 26+ skellies tanky and resilient to the point that they survive world bosses. Add 12 ravens, a golem, a blightfiend and you got a real army!

So do act6 mercenaries really have three armor types, (light medium heavy) or is it just a left over thing? it always only show “medium armor” in the hiring menu.

what happened? can not Kill this one?may anyone heklp me!pleas!

Hello it’s me again I have another question about golems when will I get a 3 golem at level 26 I have 2 golems am now lvl 33 and still 2 golems are 2 golems max?