[Mod] Reign of Terror

Added links for v0.7.5.0, v0.7.5.1 and hotfix and v.0.7.5.2 to the OP.

1 Like

Hmm, a thought just came to my mind. With that new ascension altar thing they announced. If i remember correctly they stated that mod authors can add their own recipes to it via script. This could technically mean you can implement a horadric cube if you can modify items via script

Is that possible to make something like Arcane Shards and Arcane Crystals mechanic from D2 MedianXL mod? Because the game drops a lot of extra identical uniques that simply clog up the chest.

I don’t know what those are, never played it. Doubling of unique items you can blow of for some crafting materials. Not as needed atm, but perhaps a change for what you can get out of doing this can be changed in a future update.

In MedianXL you can disassemble unneeded unique items into shards, from which a crystal is then made, and from 2 such crystals and a regular item you can create a unique item of this type. Also you can use this crystals to upgrade uniques to higher tier.

Update 0.7.6.0 is here:

This update requires standalone 0.7.3.0 or higher.
Install istructions are the same as usual: extract the zipfile into your Grim Dawn/mods folder and clikc Yes to All when asked to overwrite existing files.
As always, finding any bugs or any feedback is most welcome. The fastest way to contact me is through the discord linked in the first post by Ram.
The biggest “change” for this update is that all GD items have been buffed ro hopefully be more in line with the power of RoT items. Changelog file is inside the zip.

2 Likes

The butcher on lvl 2 act 6 needs a serious nerf. Its bullshit that he has an unpredictable attack that just kills you. I have 61000 health and a decent amount of chaos resistance and he one shots me with one of his skills. Its complete bullshit

Great looking patch. I downloaded it and will apply once my multiple day instance ends (couldn’t defeat the prime evil uber versions).

I don’t know how obvious this is, but some time ago we discussed how some monsters are missing death animations for different kinds of damage types and they simply disappear. I’d recommend in those instances, if nothing better is planned, to simply use existing animations to cover those. It won’t match perfect but at least there will be a death animation in all instances.

So physical damage death could replace burn death, for example.

The Butcher, I use the walls to avoid most of his attacks. I consider him easy. I do remember a problem in the past with him, but not lately.

With the Butcher as with King Leoric a few levels lower, level up more and then take him on later. You don’t need to complete the quests in order.

Well im a melee fighter, i kinda HAVE to get close. Most of his attacks i can just tank and heal with life leech, but its complete nonsense that he has a “lol youre dead” attack that cant be dodged as melee fighter and that just kills you. Its not good balancing when theres one shot kill attacks. This is not Elden Stink

I am melee as well. I time when I attack based upon his patterns. He is hardest on normal difficulty. Vengeance/Holy Shield

He does absolutely 0 chaos damage. So, any chaos resistance is pointless. I’m assuming you mean his chain nova, if youre facetanking him, it’ll likely oneshot you. Bait it out. Or increase physical and fire resistances. That’s 95% of his damage. You can go in, slap him a few and go around a corner of the room he is in till you see it. It has a fairly long cooldown of 12 seconds.
It is dodgable. Or if you keep some distance its survivable. If youre deadset on facetanking him, go for a shield and get 100% block rate and block recovery.

OP has been updated with the latest mod version.

2 Likes

Well thats what DPYes (the grim internals successor) said. I suddenly took 66000 chaos damage. It happens like 1-2 seconds after he does that big vertical cleave

Could you please make it so that items in the stash auto stack when sorted via the sort button.
The sound when the bow and arrow follower/pet shoots an arrow is sometimes irritatingly loud and tends to clip.

That’s an issue with DPYes then, perhaps it lists %HP damage as chaos for some reason, GrimTools shows all the attacks and passives Butcher has, none of them show any chaos damage. I just checked the game files itself as well (as GT is a few patches behind), none of the butcher’s abilities deal any chaos damage.

A bit embarrassing. I worked alot in one instance over almost a week now trying to kill Uber Mephisto. Granted I probably wasn’t ready. But now using Trial of the ancestors I’ve leveled to 95 and found a few more interesting items. I went from 30k health to 40k and made poison resistance +60% higher than max due to the debuff for resistances. Something is killing me and I don’t know the damage type. I never figured it out. I tried 24% lifesteal which just meant reallocating endgame damage points to lifesteal and re-enchanting my gear. I’m invulnerable now to most uber monsters solo and can get up to wave 140 or so in trials but still can’t face this one boss alone.

I haven’t yet installed the latest patch due to the game constantly running, LOL. But getting more keys now will be super easy. Is there another maxed out resistance I should increase, is he draining my resistances in other areas and I am not catching it? I don’t feel like poison is killing me. Most of the time it isn’t damage over time. My elemental are 150+ over max since I am a paladin. I can be attacking Mephisto directly or kiting and hoping passive will kill him, I get hit once or twice in quick succession and then it is all over. I see no projectiles.

Lifesteal is really OP in this game, had never tried it, but it is the only reason I survived so long in the trials to get some fascinating super rare rares, LOL. Lifesteal from retaliation is a real thing for sure. And the mechanic is interesting in that some monsters don’t allow life leach, so it isn’t a win all.

I suspect it is one of Mephisto’s minions hitting me.

EDIT: Playing longer it is those glowing minions that shoot lightning. Moving around the houses helps but they are hard to avoid forever. Turns out my lightning resist is only a little over 100% past the cap…

Quick reply: you want your elemental resists very high overcapped (top of my head, 130%). His conviction aura also reduces your defense by about 90% (grimtools can show all exact values), meaning any monster can critically hit you.

Shields with high block can mitigate a lot. Enemy damage reduction also helps a lot.

And yeah, like leech is a bit too strong at times

Thank you. Was still really tough so I tried to exploit as best as I could and it worked, LOL. Time to install the patch…

Can you make classic necromancers Bone Armor the way it used to be in the original? Not duration based but damage absorbtion amount based?

It used to be that way but it was either really bad or too easily exploitable. Thats why its set to the current version.