[Mod] Reign of Terror

Damn. FG is $15? I’ll play through a little more before I decide to get the DLC.

About the same as the D3 Necromancer, but considerably more content :wink:

FG gives you Oathkeeper mastery that allows for whirlwind and Captain America builds, mobility runes and much more.

Yea, I picked it up. =]

I know I’ll have more questions later, but is there an option for /players 8 or anything to increase mob strength later on? Or is it not needed?

Also, there’s no gearing merc’s is there? I recall have an A2 Nightmare Merc with an ETH BOTD Warpike. I’m guessing that is irrelevant here, huh?

Great mod. Having fun with it. Lots of nostalgia. Good work.

Hey Ram, I can’t seem to download the Basefiles for the Mod (0.2.0). Both Links say that the download maximum is reached. Maybe you can do something about it? Or do you know another method to get the files?
I am at a friends place and don’t have access to my own PC so i need to reinstall the whole mod.

Thx in advance.

Edit: Nevermind, downloaded it via the Torrent.

so, i managed to kill the high council before the quest was given, it now says “high council was defeated” and the quest is not completed, even if I kill them again. does that quest give something important?

You still need to craft the Khalims Will, equip it and smash the orb with it to proceed. Maybe you forgot that?

i’m already in act 5, think i did every other quest. that quest still tells me to kill the high council tho.

Correct, hireling template for mercenaries has not been finished by the game developers so all I could use was player scaling pet template which doesn’t come with character UI / inventory. There is a workaround involving new crafting recipes but doing it that way would be insane as there has to be a new crafting recipe / merc version for every single item combination.

Each quest rewards you with 1 devotion point so it is something to consider. What I don’t understand is how did you manage to skip the quest task as there are multiple triggers along the way to the council. Can you describe exactly what you did (step by step) to break it like that?

From what I recall I just ran straight to travincal without having all the pieces nor the quest to kill the council (didn’t remember well the original quest) kited the council till I could kill them one by one cause I couldn’t fight all together, one dropped the missing piece and I guess I didn’t kill them all, I tried without success to go further, saw the magic pedestal and remembered I had to go back and collect all the pieces, probably closed and re-entered the game, collected all the pieces, kited the council without finishing them, destroyed the pedestal, noticed the quest, re-entered the game, killed the council, nothing changed, the quest says both that they were defeated and that I need to kill them.

IIRC you have to defeat all of them (including all minions) so it is possible that one or more minions ran away resulting in not completing the quest. Try it again and make sure you have not missed anyone.

you were right, it worked. i’m really sorry for bothering you. probably when I went back to kill them again i still had to kill them one by one cause I wasn’t strong enough and left some behind. thank you!

Thank you very much for making such an excellent mod.
Just one request.
I hope that the skill of devotion Oleron could be bounded with zeal of Paladin.

Zeal and some other skills were implemented with “devotion proc” already used in the base skill to mimic the original D2 skill behavior. This prevents regular devotion skills from being assigned.

Thank you very much for your kind replay. I now understand the situation.

Potion of Life and the Resist Scroll

I have to renew them each time I die. I’m guessing that is normal?

Yep, works as intended.

Act 5 Normal - Quest Rescue on Mount Arreat - have to find the Barbarians in the Frigid Highlands - i´ve cleared the whole map, no Barbarians to rescue?

can someone show me on the map where they should be?

Here’s some feedback after playing on hardcore for 50 or so hours on this mod. At the travincal and wave 3 of Baal, the damage output of their spell is a bit high. It would be acceptable if they all shot it at different intervals, but I’ve been insta-gibbed countless times because they all cast it at the exact same time. My turtle shell devotion and sanctuary cant even proc to mitigate damage. That’s after pouring all stats into strength and having max resists.

I understand you said you were going to balance everything later, just wanted to make a note.

The range on their attack that seems to lock on from more than half the screen seems a bit much, the damage would probably be fine if the range was shorter or just reduce the damage a bit.