[Mod Release] [Mastery] The Engineer

Fair enough. I’m going to try to get a 1.1 version out late today, but it looks like I have to completely rework the Hands-Free passive skill due to what I think is an engine bug.

If I manage to fix it I will provide videos though :slight_smile:
Fair enough even though I’m not using that skill I’m looking forward to it might encourage me to try mixing in some unarmed.

Edit: you could make it a proc skill buff tied to the auto attack replacer (sorry haven’t looked at the skills enough to remember names :P)

May I recommend compressing your files in .7z instead of .zip? The first is a lot better, the size of the end product will always be a lot less than compressing in .zip.

Example: When compressing my built folders for Coronus before 1.0 they were always at ~2000kb, compressed in zip format. But then I changed to .7z, and surprise, 1.0 was only ~500kb.

Also for downloading the file, but that’s just a personal thought, I recommend using something else than GitHub like Mega or Nexus Mods, who have way better servers and handle downloads better than Github for people with shit internet like me.

I was going to use 7z (Gets it down to 2.5mb), but realized some people may be uninitiated in the ways of actually decent file compression and just used zip. It’s still a relatively small filesize in today’s terms.

I like the release functionality of GitHub, but will try to provide a mirror for future releases.

Oh I came up with a way that could make the other buffs (the ones attached to the end of the sentry lines) less permanently kept toggled and will even reduce it being kept up with Focus Finder.
The main reason you can get high energy regen is because of %energy regen so if you add -300% energy regen it’ll significantly reduce there energy regen without removing it.

If that doesn’t make sense here’s an example if you have 30 flat energy regen and 150% (most commonly reached multiplier most builds rarely reach 200% and none reach 300% that I know of) energy regen then it becomes 75 energy regen then you activate the buff with -300% it’ll remove the multiplier dropping it back down to 30 regen and then with the -100 flat energy regen they will suffer -70energy a second thus you end up with a toggle that can only be kept up temporarily

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Sounds about right. I had already added a -100% energy regen rate to those abilities, but I guess it could make sense to bump it even more to force it to work how I want.

Thanks for the information on build strength, too, still fairly new to the game. Old Titan Quest player though, so it’s like riding a bike. In fact, I made this mod before I even did playthroughs with all of the masteries in the base game. Heh.

No in there current state it is -100flat energy regen, what I mean is add -%energy regen on top of it, unless you meant you’ve added it in a version you haven’t released, then I apologize for my miss understanding.

No worries anytime obviously it’s still only in normal veteran but I’ll let you know how it is when I get to higher difficulties :slight_smile:

Haha wow you really wanted to mod huh?

Yeah I meant I added it into a an unreleased version, didn’t make that super clear.

Everyone else probably got that I just take things at face value sometimes.
And take it to 300%, as I said roughly 150% is pretty common 200% for arcanist with maxed Iskandra aura and there’s none that reach 300% as far as I know

Just released 1.1. Download link in the first post has been updated.

Changelog

• Small buff to Incendiary Implement.
  • Reasonably sweeping changes to Focus Finder.
  • Modified Iconic Imitation skills to be less exploitable with high energy regen. No fun allowed.
  • Complete re-work of Hands-Free Hyper-Gadgetry. It’s now a short buff with a cooldown.

Tommy’s Turf Turner with 1 point in it (character’s level is 8) is a lil bit OP. It instantly incinerates most mobs. You will either need to increase the CD or scale the damage at lower levels better.

I was also wondering why its modifier, Pyro Punch, carries +% Internal Trauma bonus when the skill itself provides no flat dmg for it? Just a boost for PPPP’s flat dmg during TTT’s duration? If so, then yes, tune down TTT’s Physical dmg at lower skill levels so the buff can actually see some action in the early game.

Koba, the mod is awesome, but i have some (damn) questions: 1-Piercing aura seems to work on Sentries guns, but Iskandra’s elemental exchange definitely does not. Is it supposed to be like that?
2-What you think about a exclusive skill on your mastery? After reach Lessons learned: Sentry i dont want invest in the mastery anymore, thinking want to be a sentry summoner only, something like that.

Sorry for the english as always, and nice work!

Ah, Turf Turner used to be absolutely useless. I guess I may have buffed it a bit too hard. I will look into it. Does seem a little bit too… nuclear… though. Until the next patch, consider it a perk of deciding to be unarmed!

Regarding the +% Internal Trauma on Pyro Punch… Oops. Late-Night balancing, some stuff slips through the cracks. Must’ve been a bad night considering how awkward that skill currently seems. Will fix.

Elemental exchange actually attaches to weapons I believe, and the summon does not have one. All of the summon’s attacks are abilities (out of necessity), so weapon infusion abilities will not work. I guess that means it is supposed to be like that.

Also, I did have some plans for an extremely fancy exclusive skill, but decided to release before putting in the effort for something which may not work at all. It could come in an update, though :wink:

Man I just really want to be able to play this in DAIL, as it’s too much of a hassle to deal with uninstall and reinstalling it to try out other mods much.

Davood is making it happen, it will be in an upcoming build.

Oh I know, I’m just antsy :D.

Ok so Focus Finder definitely makes Sentries OP, the reason for that I think is due to the sheer amount of sentries you can throw out and turns out -run speed isn’t as much of an issue because of it (at least in normal)
To balance this out and a pet bonus that multiplies total pet damage by -33% I believe -50% would be too much but I think -33% would be a good amount reducing their damage by 1third should provide significant balancing for later difficulties I believe although I think it will still be powerful in normal.
Otherwise I guess will have to just make the skill 100% ho you originally intended unfortunately…

I have completed act 2 and currently doing SoT then will move onto act 3 so i should be onto the next difficulty within the next day or 2

But on the bright side adding the -300% energy regen to the other 3 buffs had made it impossible to keep them up all the time, like you wanted, turns out it removes all energy regen except the base rate you get from spirit and you can’t cancel it out because you can’t reach 300% regen pernamently

Hmmm… had a feeling that may be the case. I’ll continue thinking about the skill. It will probably end up closer to what I had originally intended for the sake of balance.

Thanks for all the feedback, by the way. Really helping out!

That’s a shame oh well.
Btw thanks for trying to keep me happy while trying to keep balance I really do appreciate it and am loving the mod and your work :slight_smile:

And no worries I’ll keep it coming :slight_smile:

Can you look into making fist weapons to work with the unarmed skills and make the skills only work with that weapon type? It is extremely annoying to to have to unequip a weapon every time you pick one (although unarmed attacks still work with shields and offhands)
And 1 other thing Derek’s Dirty Dispatch should increase energy pool like Paul’s Prevailing Punches as ranged (at least 2handed) suffers from not being able to get as high energy pool or regen

I did notice the auto-equipping weapons, but I’m not sure if “unarmed” fist weapons would be possible. I’d have to look into it, but even then it would be weird to actually deliver them to the player. I think the auto-equipping may be a necessary evil.

And regarding Dirty Dispatch, I think it’s okay as it is. I’m trying to encourage unarmed as much as possible by making it powerful enough to be viable, even with a lack of synergies with other masteries. It should have some benefits over ranged, if you ask me.

Anyway, I’m releasing 1.2. I was hoping to make a really cool ultimate skill with some fancy ridiculously custom stuff, but it turns out some of the things I wanted to mess with (specifically in the UI) are hardcoded. Oh well, It’s still a cool ultimate skill if you ask me. Anyway, main post is updated with new download link.

Changelog

• Rebalance of Turf Turner. Now less nuclear.
  • Removal of random %Trauma bonus from Pyro Punch. Silly leftover.
  • An ultimate skill! Not as cool as I wanted it to be, but some things are unfortunately hard-coded.
  • Rebalance of Focus Finder. Again.